Life on Mars

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it’s my favourite show ever and I think a complete masterpiece. I also loved Ashes to Ashes.

Haven’t heard any more on a possible series 3 of life on Mars but it seems to be in the early stages! Would be interesting to see how that would work.

Reactions: 4
Loved this series. Ashes To Ashes was okay but really didn't like the ending.

Reactions: 5
It was a fantastic series, as a child of the 1970's it brought back so many memories for me. It had it all, great acting, great storylines, great music, and it could be quite witty. The scenes where Sam Tyler wakes up in 1973, to David Bowie's Life on Mars is one of the most unforgettable pieces of television in decades.
I avoided watching the last episode of series two for years, because I didn't want the show to end. I watched the episode a few years ago, and wished I hadn't because of the way it ended.
I'm a little concerned about a third series though, I'm not sure if they could recapture the magic of the original series. We will have to wait and see.

When it was first aired I had no interest in it whatsoever, but I watched it about 2 years ago when my partner made me 🤣 and I’m so glad he did!! I loved it and would like to do a rewatch sometime. I wasn’t keen on the ending of Ashes to Ashes though 😬

Reactions: 1
When it was first aired I had no interest in it whatsoever, but I watched it about 2 years ago when my partner made me 🤣 and I’m so glad he did!! I loved it and would like to do a rewatch sometime. I wasn’t keen on the ending of Ashes to Ashes though 😬
Same here but an old friend was really keen on it so I watched it when it was repeated.

Reactions: 1
Loved it, have watched it quite a few times now. Gene Hunt is amazing 🤩
Anyone know who is in the new series?

Loved it, have watched it quite a few times now. Gene Hunt is amazing 🤩
Anyone know who is in the new series?
from what Ive read Philip glenister, John Simm, dean andrews and liz white. Not sure on Marshall Lancaster he’s apparently not acting any more! I hope he comes back I loved Chris and Ray together

Reactions: 2
from what Ive read Philip glenister, John Simm, dean andrews and liz white. Not sure on Marshall Lancaster he’s apparently not acting any more! I hope he comes back I loved Chris and Ray together
Last I read Marshall Lancaster was a plaster in Manchester left the acting profession.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Last I read Marshall Lancaster was a plaster in Manchester left the acting profession.
Surely he'd come back for this? Dean (Ray Carling) might depend on Emmerdale letting him (if he's still in it by then), but I can't see him not doing it of his own accord.

I adored Life on Mars, massive John Simm fan here (met him a couple of times and seen him in West end plays.... Very shy guy but better with fans now than he used to be, used to avoid fan events. The wife's a cow from what I've heard though). Loved the ending, very poignant.

Took me a while to get into Ashes... Hated Keeley's character in the first series but loved her by series 3. The ending broke my heart. (On a sidenote, Daniel May as Keets in series 3 was superb 👌).

Looking forward to whatever is next 😍😍😍

Surely he'd come back for this? Dean (Ray Carling) might depend on Emmerdale letting him (if he's still in it by then), but I can't see him not doing it of his own accord.

I adored Life on Mars, massive John Simm fan here (met him a couple of times and seen him in West end plays.... Very shy guy but better with fans now than he used to be, used to avoid fan events. The wife's a cow from what I've heard though). Loved the ending, very poignant.

Took me a while to get into Ashes... Hated Keeley's character in the first series but loved her by series 3. The ending broke my heart. (On a sidenote, Daniel May as Keets in series 3 was superb 👌).

Looking forward to whatever is next 😍😍😍
daniel mays was such an amazing villain! God I hated Keats but he was just fantastic!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
daniel mays was such an amazing villain! God I hated Keats but he was just fantastic!
Absolutely this!! Would love to see a reappearance of his character. Started following Daniels career after this, he's just brilliant, but he'll always be creepy Keats to me 🤣

Reactions: 2
I only watched it last year but I absolutely loved it. Couldn't get into Ashes to Ashes though and only watched a few episodes before abandoning.