Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanie

VIP Member
I watched them for the first time afew weeks back. Was totally shocked by the clown story. Gene is such a loveable character.

Reactions: 1
I never watched them first time round but they’ve been showing two episodes on Saturday nights on UK tv drama of life on Mars and I love it......last two episodes this week, next week ashes to ashes starts

Yorkie19

Loooove these two programmes. Even more of a bonus that they’re named after two Bowie songs 🙌🏻

I also have a really fucking weird crush on Gene Hunt. Pleeeease tell me I’m not the only one? 😂
Definitely not the only one 😍

hrh89

VIP Member
Ashes to Ashes is my all time favourite show, I absolutely love it mainly because I’m madly in love with Keeley Hawes 😍 and this show sparked my obsession with her haha! I’ve just started watching Life on Mars for the first time, I never watched it originally because I was only 11 so couldn’t be bothered lol but it’s just as brilliant! If anything, Gene is even more hilarious in Life On Mars
ughh I love her so much she is stunning and an amazing actress 🥰

hrh89

VIP Member
Anyone been following the #LifeonMarsLive hashtag on Twitter??

New series in the works- Lazarus.... mixture of both casts, all keen to be on board.

Not gonna lie... Fucking excited at the thought!!!!
So excited!! and I was wondering which Bowie song they’d pick!! Very fitting

Lollypad

VIP Member
I was obsessed with Ashes to Ashes when the second series came out - had the biggest crush on Gene Hunt which when all your mates fancy Channing Tatum is admittedly a bit weird. 😳😂

Sln2404

Loooove these two programmes. Even more of a bonus that they’re named after two Bowie songs 🙌🏻

I also have a really fucking weird crush on Gene Hunt. Pleeeease tell me I’m not the only one? 😂
Ive had bad dreams about him 🥵

Padfoot

Ahhh didn't know there was a thread on this show! It's one of my favourites!

I hardly watched TV with my dad but when this aired we'd sit down and watched every week! Sad and glad there was only two series as didn't want them ruin such a good show! But also heard there was a possible 3rd series in the making??

I tried to watch ashes to ashes but couldn't really get into it and then watched the last series to see what the really ending was and it was just OK? Felt a bit rushed and idk.

But life on mars will always hold a spec place in my heart for TV shows. It's just so good <3

Fairypop

VIP Member
I was dragged kicking & screaming to watch Life on Mars by my partner & I ended up loving it 😂 Gene is just one of my favourite characters ever. I wasn’t quite as keen on Ashes to Ashes, although I did still enjoy it. I remember feeling a little let down by the ending but I’m not sure if it’s just because it wasn’t what I was expecting 🤔

ayeayecaptain

VIP Member
I remember being utterly shocked by the clown revelation & being so pleased that there was no spoiler for it.
Ending was sad though and disappointing. I didn’t want that to be the case ☹

Gagaforgagaloo

Ashes to Ashes is my all time favourite show, I absolutely love it mainly because I’m madly in love with Keeley Hawes 😍 and this show sparked my obsession with her haha! I’ve just started watching Life on Mars for the first time, I never watched it originally because I was only 11 so couldn’t be bothered lol but it’s just as brilliant! If anything, Gene is even more hilarious in Life On Mars

Yorkie19

Oh my god I thought I was the only one who had the hots for Philip Glenister! 😍 We have just watched Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes back to back on Netflix. I watched them first time round but had totally forgotten the ending!
I'm having Gene Hunt withdrawals now.....