Life of the baldwins

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a coincidence Jen is painting her hall way blue think Kayleigh got the blue idea from them

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Those walls are bloody awful! Why would you not prep them?! I didn’t think she could make that house look any worse but she’s managed to!
Talking about colour pops and trusting the process, she has no idea - god awful!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was correct its a mess it shows up her rubbish walls which all need skimmed she should have went for white or magnolia

Don’t expect the walls or wood work was even sanded bet the tin was opened and splashed on the walls.think a dark green would of been better to tie in with the front room and putting doors in is stupid idea when the doors are open be less room in each of the rooms

Reactions: 2
I almost feel sorry for her. I’ve given myself a slap. How much of it is due to them and how they treat the house but the fabric of the house is in a dreadful state. Surely the council should be dealing with rusted radiators etc? That said the tenants must have an obligation to take care of the place and maintain it to a standard. Seeing houses in this state make me so grateful to have a well cared for and cosy cottage.

Don’t expect the walls or wood work was even sanded bet the tin was opened and splashed on the walls.think a dark green would of been better to tie in with the front room and putting doors in is stupid idea when the doors are open be less room in each of the rooms
I almost feel sorry for her. I’ve given myself a slap. How much of it is due to them and how they treat the house but the fabric of the house is in a dreadful state. Surely the council should be dealing with rusted radiators etc? That said the tenants must have an obligation to take care of the place and maintain it to a standard. Seeing houses in this state make me so grateful to have a well cared for and cosy cottage.
All they need to do is paint the radiators it's a five minute job .

All they need to do is paint the radiators it's a five minute job .
Like you say, masking off and then spray the radiators take minutes, and costs a couple of quid.

Trying not to be negative but that blue is terrible! The walls weren’t prepped and I think a Matt paint would have been a tiny bit better, it looks like it’s been painted with poster paint.
She always does this, starts a job and never finishes, remember the sticky hall tiles? She did half the hall! I completely understand it isn’t her house but it is her home, so I would be more inclined to invest in it for my own comfort. Laminate and lino costs nothing. Having a wall skimmed, again not huge. I think she’s completely detached herself from the house which is sad as it is the only home her family have right now. You cannot live for tomorrow surely 9 years in the house and not being anywhere near buying your own you’d want to make now better for your kids?
I had a friend with four kids, the plan was to move to Oz. All through the girls growing up (all secondary now) no parties, no holidays, no new cars or a new sofa or pets all because one day they’ll move. 13 years on....... they aren’t in Oz. It’s not fair to make kids live for one day. They shouldn’t know about one day they should enjoy being kids. But I think she sells to all of them the home setup is only a temporary one.

• Heart
I totally agree just because it's a local authority house doesn't mean they can't do it up , they could live in it the rest of their lives as long as the rents getting paid ECT get are tenants for life .I think Kayleigh should stop this pipe dream of buying a home because it will never happen and she should just get a home improvement loan for this one and get it done right they could do the loft up and you are allowed to do it but you can't put a window in it .

I think it's good that she's trying , and the house is in a bad way , but I know lots of people who live In council/HA and they still pay for and do bits themselves . I understand she has said before that when they move , they have to strip it out but I think she needs to be realistic and realise unless they privately rent, they will be there for a while, so it's worth paying out for walls to be skimmed etc . It will make it more of a home for them.

They need rubbed down with sandpaper , cleaned then glossed and they will look brand new
You can literally just buy it in a spray can now, clean, mask off and spray. Minutes. It’s a couple of quid.

I never get the it’s someone else’s responsibility mindset. I know landlords have a responsibility but surely you have a responsibility to want a nice home. Some people make me wonder.

• Heart
She reminds me of these people you see in the sun paper moaning the council won't fix the mould and damp on the walls ..eh haven't you heard of a paintbrush and paint you lazy minger, plus they moan the council won't give them a larger house , eh why is it the councils responsible for your kids ????? These people are lazy and expect others to fix their own failings .I get the odd but off damp on my living room wall near the skirting board as soon as I see it appearing I paint it asap, I keep a tin under the sink purposely for that reason I don't bloody run to the papers and let it get worse .

• Heart
I can’t stand these families that have big families and think they are hard done by and they think the world owes them something, they choose to have kids if they can’t afford them they shouldn’t have em and have the cheek to ask for a bigger house

She reminds me of these people you see in the sun paper moaning the council won't fix the mould and damp on the walls ..eh haven't you heard of a paintbrush and paint you lazy minger, plus they moan the council won't give them a larger house , eh why is it the councils responsible for your kids ????? These people are lazy and expect others to fix their own failings .I get the odd but off damp on my living room wall near the skirting board as soon as I see it appearing I paint it asap, I keep a tin under the sink purposely for that reason I don't bloody run to the papers and let it get worse .
Agree with you 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Going to covid test Sienna after we’ve spent the day shopping. I know she doesn’t give a duck about COVID and never has but why film it?!

Look at her, even copying the Minghams clock! 😂😂 she never has a original thought

£45 on a clock but won’t buy her daughter £15 gym leggings for school. She swings between mania and manic so often.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
This family really are the pits! My friend said I needed a laugh so I watched them 😂 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.