Lewis Capaldi

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe (but could be wrong) he didn’t know he had Tourette’s until the last year or two

Reactions: 5
I think he didn’t know until a couple of years ago and his main tic (I hate the word twitch) was put down to his anxiety. I’m paraphrasing but I’m sure he said in the doc that once he got the diagnosis it sort of made sense looking back

Ah thanks I haven't seen the documentry as its on netflix which I cancelled for a bit but I'll watch it next time I subscribe. He seems such a nice, ordinary guy and it can't be easy to cope with all the pressure being famous and in demand brings. Hope he feels more on top of things in his own time.

Reactions: 4
Good on him for giving it a go - but perhaps he may consider his limits and what he can manage.
Not many people could perform in front of such a large crowd, perhaps he should consider if he really needs or wants to do it?

The only reason he releases albums is so he can tour and do all these shows but his latest album release has really took it out of him and that’s plainly clear to see 😔 I really hope the pressure of the album and aftermath hasn’t ruined all that for him

Reactions: 6
I think he didn’t know until a couple of years ago and his main tic (I hate the word twitch) was put down to his anxiety. I’m paraphrasing but I’m sure he said in the doc that once he got the diagnosis it sort of made sense looking back
This has always confused me as he doesn’t have any verbal issues, but I thought they had to be combined to be classed/diagnosed as Tourette’s. If it only happens when he gets stressed or triggered (which it seems to be) then it makes more sense to be anxiety 🤔

Lewis is talented enough to make many more albums behind the scenes and get by by having smaller intimate gigs or televised concerts on the likes of Sky Arts.

His breakdown at Glasto was heartbreaking to watch. Seems he has good grounded people around him who will take care of him and keep the record studio vultures at bay for now.

Reactions: 9
Lewis is talented enough to make many more albums behind the scenes and get by by having smaller intimate gigs or televised concerts on the likes of Sky Arts.
Most performers find smaller gigs more anxiety inducing than large gigs - the latter is pretty much just a sea of faces and festival crowds in particular are up for it anyway which gives you a confidence boost when you go on stage.

The relentless schedule hasn't helped, let's face it. He's big enough that he could take a year or so off in general and not have his popularity affected that much.

I saw him at an intimate show for his albumn release and the difference between that and Glastonbury was so sad! You could visibly see in the q/a part I went too that when the crowd was bantering with him (all nice and kind) his tics would get worse and when he was nervous about singing a song for the first time of the albumn he twitched a lot through it. I really hope he gets well for himself not for the public if that makes sense ❤

Reactions: 8
I saw him at an intimate show for his albumn release and the difference between that and Glastonbury was so sad! You could visibly see in the q/a part I went too that when the crowd was bantering with him (all nice and kind) his tics would get worse and when he was nervous about singing a song for the first time of the albumn he twitched a lot through it. I really hope he gets well for himself not for the public if that makes sense ❤
I’ve always found he is by far calmer in the small gigs than these huge ones. I agree, duck everyone else, he just needs to be better for him first and foremost.

• Heart
This has always confused me as he doesn’t have any verbal issues, but I thought they had to be combined to be classed/diagnosed as Tourette’s. If it only happens when he gets stressed or triggered (which it seems to be) then it makes more sense to be anxiety 🤔
Doesn't need to be vocal as well. Can be motor or verbal and to get the diagnosis needs to have been present for a year plus. Looks like he does a lot of throat clearing too which would be vocal X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The crowds voices at Glastonbury when they were singing and helping him along made me 😢 😭..

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I watched the Glastonbury set and he looked like he needs a good rest and someone to look after him. I hope he gets that and finds the help he needs to get back to a better place.

ah that’s so sad to watch. Can’t believe it was only four years ago 😞
I was there on the front row for that. It was lovely. It is so sad to watch his recent performance. I hope he gets all the help he needs and takes some serious time out. 😔

• Heart
You could really see the concern on Aiden’s face during someone you loved. Hope he gets left in peace to get better

Reactions: 1
Vocal (words and/or sounds) and motor tics need to be present for a period of time before Tourette’s Syndrome is diagnosed. I didn’t think he had vocal tics either but it looks like he might do throat clearing which is a vocal tic.

You could really see the concern on Aiden’s face during someone you loved. Hope he gets left in peace to get better
I spotted this at one of the small gigs I was at - Aiden wasn’t in the moment during a song, he was focused on Lewis’ well-being