Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone is doing ok!

Just had my final lesson before my test. It went really well, hope I haven’t jinxed myself 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Thought I’d pop on as I’ve been reading this! Got my penultimate lesson tomorrow morning, last one next Sunday and my test Monday 8th. Soooooo nervous!! But also not scared anymore! I’m 28 with 2 young kids and forever relying on my partner (however he’s in work 24/7) , I just can’t wait to be able to drive !! Thinking positive!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone done their driving test in the rain? It’s looking that way for me! I’ve had lessons in the rain so not worried it’s just making me anxious to think it could be cancelled

Reactions: 1
Has anyone done their driving test in the rain? It’s looking that way for me! I’ve had lessons in the rain so not worried it’s just making me anxious to think it could be cancelled
It won’t be cancelled. I had both of mine in the rain!!!!!

Reactions: 2
I passed mine in the rain. I literally said to the examiner I thought it was meant to rain this morning and then it started pissing it down 😂 it was an ice breaker and actually gave us something to talk about and relaxed me a bit 🙂

I passed! A few minors but nothing dangerous and my examiner was lovely. I fully recommend chatting to the examiner if they’re up for it. I got a bit nervous before but did 3 deep breaths and told myself I’m a safe and competent driver. It sounds a bit silly but it really helped me.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I passed! A few minors but nothing dangerous and my examiner was lovely. I fully recommend chatting to the examiner if they’re up for it. I got a bit nervous before but did 3 deep breaths and told myself I’m a safe and competent driver. It sounds a bit silly but it really helped me.
Congratulations! I spoke with my examiner too and I apologised after the emergency stop for making him jerk forward 🤣 Happy driving!

I did this, took deep breaths and reminded myself I was fab x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve had such a stressful day at a car dealership, I am frazzled!

Hope anyone have lessons/tests is ok x

Reactions: 1
How much is everyone planning to spend on a first car? I don't know what to realistically budget - and insurance is going to be mad!

How much is everyone planning to spend on a first car? I don't know what to realistically budget - and insurance is going to be mad!
Honestly I’d say don’t spend more than £2K max.

get a cheap to run car that you can drive around in and really learn in after you pass and that it be won’t matter massively if you bump it or whatever. Then just get third party insurance. If the car is still in reasonable condition after a year or so then get rid of it and then look to get something better after that point.

Reactions: 4
I spent £2100 on my first car, insurance was 770. Don't forget tax will need to be done too