Learning to drive #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good luck to everyone with lessons & tests this week!

Had a lesson this morning with the sat nav - was ok! I took the wrong left though but my instructor says it’s fine if you do that on the test, as long as it’s safe.

3 more lessons til my test now! I’ve been on this thread since this time last year and I can’t believe my test is in a fortnight!

Reactions: 4

Had a lesson this morning with the sat nav - was ok! I took the wrong left though but my instructor says it’s fine if you do that on the test, as long as it’s safe.

3 more lessons til my test now! I’ve been on this thread since this time last year and I can’t believe my test is in a fortnight!
So exciting, good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’ve had an absolute nightmare with trying to do my driving test.

The first test I had booked was for the 8th of October, but 3 weeks before one of the cancellation apps, that I had, rebooked it for me in the night to a test that was 2 days away! I then managed to get another test date for last week, but they called me up the day before my test and said the examiner was no longer available.

They rebooked it for this Wednesday and now I’ve just had a call from my driving instructor saying his car isn’t working 😫 He’s borrowing another driving instructors car, but I’ve never driven it and I’ve already got awful anxiety. He’s giving me a free lesson tomorrow so I can try and get used to the car but now I just feel like I’m definitely going to fail. Maybe I’m not meant to drive 😅

• Sad
Reactions: 2

The first test I had booked was for the 8th of October, but 3 weeks before one of the cancellation apps, that I had, rebooked it for me in the night to a test that was 2 days away! I then managed to get another test date for last week, but they called me up the day before my test and said the examiner was no longer available.

They rebooked it for this Wednesday and now I’ve just had a call from my driving instructor saying his car isn’t working 😫 He’s borrowing another driving instructors car, but I’ve never driven it and I’ve already got awful anxiety. He’s giving me a free lesson tomorrow so I can try and get used to the car but now I just feel like I’m definitely going to fail. Maybe I’m not meant to drive 😅
You’ll be fine.
Go out in the other car for the lesson tomorrow and get used to the car. Then go, do your test. You can obviously drive if you are test ready so just give it a shot and even if you don’t pass it’s good experience and a step closer to passing.

Good luck! So exciting

My instructor got a new car the week before I was due to do my first test, changed from a mini to a new clio. Think of it this way - you can drive, you’re doing your test! You’re not gonna drive the same car your examiner has forever either, you can apply everything you’ve learnt to any car. Good luck 💛

• Heart
Hey everyone! I passed my driving test today heavily pregnant with only 2 minor faults and I can’t believe it! I had convinced myself I had failed at the beginning but it all went really well after that so I was really pissed off with myself - I sobbed like a baby when he told me I’d passed! It was my first ever driving test but I’m 28 and have done so many lessons over the years but never been a very good driver so I am so relieved it all went well today. Good luck to everyone else with tests coming up!! ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey everyone! I passed my driving test today heavily pregnant with only 2 minor faults and I can’t believe it! I had convinced myself I had failed at the beginning but it all went really well after that so I was really pissed off with myself - I sobbed like a baby when he told me I’d passed! It was my first ever driving test but I’m 28 and have done so many lessons over the years but never been a very good driver so I am so relieved it all went well today. Good luck to everyone else with tests coming up!! ❤❤❤
Well done & congratulations!!!! ❤👍👍👍

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Congratulations!! It will make such a difference to have a car with a newborn I imagine 😇 I’m 28 too and I’ve been learning on and off for years, it’s never too late.

• Heart
Congratulations!! It will make such a difference to have a car with a newborn I imagine 😇 I’m 28 too and I’ve been learning on and off for years, it’s never too late.
Thank you! Yeah I already have a child aswell so I am just really pleased now I won’t be holding them back by not being able to drive them places.
You’ve got this! Best of luck with your lessons and tests 🥰xx

• Heart
Con😭gratu😭la😭ti😭ons😭😭😭
Sorry I’m just abit jealous cause I failed last week Friday

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I passed my theory test this morning! Second time doing it as my first one lapsed - I got 50/50 on the questions 😎

Have booked my practical for st Patrick's day, was the first available date in my area, may my Irish ancestors be smiling down on me that day 🍀😂 I've got the cancellation app in case I feel I want to do it sooner though.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I passed my mock test this morning with 2 minors! Feel confident about my test now. There’s some right idiots on the roads in my area so I need to be super aware of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
After failing my first test my next one is booked in March.. On my birthday 🤣 I might regret it but it was the only date they had.

It's almost a month since I've passed, I gave my friend a lift yesterday as she was running late for work and she said she can tell even since passing how much my driving has improved and my confidence has improved

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It's almost a month since I've passed, I gave my friend a lift yesterday as she was running late for work and she said she can tell even since passing how much my driving has improved and my confidence has improved
Yup. It’s true what they say - you only really start learning to drive after you’ve passed your test 🙂

• Heart
I took rescue remedy before my test, I did pass, but obviously can’t say if it helped or was just a placebo effect? I would say worth a shot, as they can’t do any harm 😊