Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Excellent LBC reporter Rachel Venables is now regarded as a "shouty gammon". :oops:
LBC''s News bulletin reader Phil Krysakos is being stalked in B&Q now by LBC officianado Colin from Gerrard's Cross.
:oops:

The Big One

Chatty Member
Shelagh has been tweeting that she is having a flare up of a back problem she has and can't get any medical assistance from either 111 or her GP.
A friend of mine in Cornwall is in pain with her arm (cannot move it and is extremely painful). She actually got to see her GP this afternoon. She has been referred to a local hospital, who have told her she will have to wait "about 3 hours". Meanwhile she is in pain.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Anyone know how long Steve has been doing the in conversation shows for? He was talking about his mother asking him who he had interviewed that day, way back when she was alive. By that I am guessing he was doing those shows for more than a couple decades given he said his dad died in his 50s and his mum died in her early to mid 60s.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I'm surprised Andi Peters and Phil Vickery listen to Steve Allen's show considering the crap he says about certain presenters of ITV that they both have and do work with. Haha.
Phil Vickery is Steve's go-to for food inspiration 😁
Steve has name dropped him for years, I believe he has Phil on speed dial...."how long does toast take Phil?"
"Should I stick a fork in my fish fingers to see if they're ready?"

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Can't lie, I think it was really unprofessional from Ian. I'm listening on catch up and he's an hour late. If you have to be at work on time, you need to be, regardless. Imagine doing that at any other job.

Staying up to watch a tennis game isn't a good excuse. I think he'll get away with it because it's 4am and a, I'd imagine, smaller listening audience at that time.

Steve Allen is 67 and still manages to be on time every single morning five days a week. No matter anyone's thoughts on Steve, he's nothing but professional and punctual.

Edit: now sounds like Ian is talking with food in his mouth lol wtf.
I remember when Cristo was late and he was seriously late! Nick Abbot ended up doing most of Cristo's show. Cristo left shortly after.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member

Can someone explain to Mayor Khan that you can't sack or suspend someone just because your work colleagues have given you a nickname.

I worked with someone who was nicknamed Mr Potato Head. His head was not a potato nor could you move his ear and eyes around.

Redvers36

VIP Member
I wish they would stop playing that advert for James O’Brien’s latest interview with Kier’s 2nd in command !! Hearing that pompous voice hits a nerve.
Hi Allie

I heard it earlier and thought it was awful too. A combination of Brian's brown nosing and Angela Rayner herself.

Mustard

VIP Member
Just heard Iain Dale announce that one of the topics he will be discussing today is why aren’t more online trolls being prosecuted?

The Big One

Chatty Member
Did anyone hear somebody trying to explain to Nick 18% (I think it was). I never quite understood what it was all about, and I doubt Nick did either !

grace28

Chatty Member
Marr maybe taking on 10am Sundays instead of Swarbrick? That would allow Swarbrick to concentrate fully on the late night slot and either he or Nick Abbot drop down a day (depending on whether or not they want a 5/2 or 4/3 split).
Not sure if anyone listens to For the Many with Iain Dale, but he doesn't think it'll be a weekend slot.

I think he may be an hour a night 6-7, where Farage used to be before his termination.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Well Steve carried on as normal this morning, so interested to follow how the situation goes. Whether management has told him to stop talking about people's looks. Early in the show he mentioned Katie Price going shopping. He never said anything negative about her, just that he wondered why she was shopping alone as he normally shops alone but he isn't a celeb, or something along those lines.

I was expecting more, but he definitely tapered down on her without a doubt. He absolutely doesn't need to talk about people's appearances to make the show work. No problem criticising someone, but he doesn't need to say anything offensive.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I'm surprised Steve hasn't caught Covid yet. He is out and about, on the bus etc, sitting among the great unwashed haha. He was saying this morning that Richmond, Kingston etc had some of the highest cases in London.