Law of Attraction / Manifesting #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread continued.

Hi I was just wondering… I manifested the exact job that I wanted it came about when I least expected it tbh and kind of fell into my lap but just wondering is there anything you do after you get a manifestation like a thank you to the universe 😂😂
Not sure if this is even 100% official, but I would do something to help someone else. Make a food bank donation, write a letter or just call a friend to tell them how much you appreciate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I find this topic so fascinating.

I spent much of my teens and early twenties attracting a lot of the things that i wanted at the time - i don't mean just every now and again, it was every single time. There was never any doubt in my mind that these things would happen! It was like a flow state and although i had my ups and downs in life during that time, my mindset was overwhelmingly positive. It is only looking back that i can see how amazing it really was!

Somewhere in my late twenties I feel distractions definitely got in the way (mobile phones really taking off, access to the internet, social media becoming more of a daily aspect of peoples lives) and i just started going through the motions, began comparing myself to others, becoming more disheartened, views of the world tainted, seeming to gravitate to the negative, taking on too much doom and gloom from tv, news, social media, my empathy and life force being drained by such things and not really taking care of myself in most senses.

I have been taking steps to turn this around recently, I have started to prioritise my self care again, listening to affirmations i enjoy, practicing some gentle yoga and also doing some ecstatic dance daily - overhauling and emerging from the rut that I have been far too uncomfortably comfortable in and things are starting to change which only strengthens the positive feelings that are coming through - I feel there is so much connected to things such as LOA and manifesting and flow state - mindset, taking action, giving back, being grateful - it all sounds quite wishy washy to some I guess but those earlier days in my life where i just knew what i wanted, and that it was going to happen - it felt like magic

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Do you mean changing how you view yourself?
Basically, yeah. Like they say you attract what you are, and if you subconsciously don't feel worthy of what you're manifesting, you will lose it.
Like I want to attract a happy, healthy relationship with my soul mate. The last 5 dates I've had arranged with different men, have all cancelled on me. So maybe it is something I am doing subconsciously? By complaining about being single & telling people I don't expect the dates to go ahead etc etc I've manifested it? And it always makes me feel tit. So maybe if I focus on myself and I'm the prize etc etc then I'll attract someone worthy?

Reactions: 2
I think you need to start with truly accepting yourself first as wishy washy as that sounds. I finally stopped hating myself last week after trying to work on myself for a good 5 years. (Not saying it would take that long for you at all.)

Do you have a journal?

Also how did the nail and other appointments you make previously go?

I would also recommend the book "how to love yourself" by Kamal RaviKant

I also bought the book by Haemin Sunim for my sister.

Amazon product

This lady also has a good channel. You need the repetition to get it down into your spirt and to listen to it everyday if you can.

---

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm off to read the first thread, but have a question. I need a good friend (or two) who live local to me. I have friends on the other side of the earth and a bit nearer to home but there's no longer anyone who lives close. Is it okay to manifest a friend, or would that be off limits for some ethical type reason?

• Heart
I'm off to read the first thread, but have a question. I need a good friend (or two) who live local to me. I have friends on the other side of the earth and a bit nearer to home but there's no longer anyone who lives close. Is it okay to manifest a friend, or would that be off limits for some ethical type reason?
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think you also just have to do put some action too.

Meetups.com have groups you can also join depending on your interests. Hiking/ reading etc. Most libraries also have notice boards with local events. Pick something you love anyway and want to explore. Perhaps you could also volunteer?

• Heart
I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I think you also just have to do put some action too.

Meetups.com have groups you can also join depending on your interests. Hiking/ reading etc. Most libraries also have notice boards with local events. Pick something you love anyway and want to explore. Perhaps you could also volunteer?
Thanks, you're quite right, I won't meet new friends if I just sit at home!
I finished reading the first thread. Very interesting with lots of book and other recommendations.

Reactions: 5
Thanks, you're quite right, I won't meet new friends if I just sit at home!
I finished reading the first thread. Very interesting with lots of book and other recommendations.
I personally just think it works better when you don't try so hard. Tell yourself you are surrounded by love.

Also have you read the book "How to win friends and influence people?" By Dale Carnegie . It's quiet old but it has simple universal tips like remembering names and giving the your full attention when they talk, but I was so surprised that it actually worked so easily.

Do you like music too? Concert lines are also the best too.

Reactions: 5
Hello everyone, I've not commented before, but I've been trying LOA for a few years. I just wanted to share something that might benefit other people, because I didn't realise it until yesterday, so maybe many other people haven't realised it also!

All my life, I have suffered with chronic stress and anxiety, which of course makes LOA hard because you can't feel confident and dynamic. Just yesterday, I realised that I have always physically felt the world pressing in on me - actually felt it in my body, the sense of being crushed and of needing to physically tense to keep the outside world at bay. I didn't notice this until I recently dealt with a bad situation in a confident way, and my feeling suddenly shifted: I felt like *I* was the bigger force, not everything else - like I had a glow right inside me, and it was glowing out of my body and through my skin, out into the world around me.

It took this happening to realise the contrast in how I usually felt. Sometimes the glow gets dim and I feel tense and pressured again, but now that I know what it is, I can focus on regaining my glow and shining into the outside world, rather than having it crush me.

I hope this is making sense, it sounds kind of insane when I write it out. But just give it a try! Realise that there is a golden light inside you (for me it's behind my breast bone) and picture it shining out of you, like a star. Make it glow out around your body as far as it can go - intrude on the world, don't let it intrude on you!

I hope this helps someone.
---
I've been in this exact situation for years, but in the past year have managed to make a lot of local friends. Just some advice from me, sorry if it's stuff you already know, but it's what's worked for me...
1) Join a hobby group. People become friends if you meet them on a regular basis. It doesn't matter if you don't like the group initially, your feelings will warm up as you get to know people. It doesn't have to be a hobby you're MEGA interested in, just one that allows for talking with other people. For example, a cinema group involves sitting in the dark not talking to people, but a walking group allows for lots of talking.

2) Look people in the eye, while taking notice of their eye colour. This sends the signal that you are paying attention and trying to get to know them. (Obviously don't tell them what you're doing!)

3) Say their names when you greet them. If you walk into a room full of people from your hobby group, say "Hi Pete! Hi Mary!" etc. People like feeling special, and it fosters a connection with them. They will feel special if they feel like you are happy to see them specifically.

4) Keep your feet and shoulders turned towards whoever you are talking to. It signals interest in what they have to say.

5) Mirroring is a big one. Try to subtly mimic their movements. Sit with your legs crossed if they are, touch your hair when they do, etc. It sounds creepy, but it's a big big factor in getting people to subconsciously feel in tune with you.

6) Wait a few weeks or 2-3 months before you ask anyone to hang out one-on-one. People will feel put off if they think you are just looking for a friend, any friend. But if they feel like you have gotten to know them a bit and you like them, they will be happy to try a friendship.

7) After 2-3 months when you have identified someone you'd like to see one-on-one, ask them for coffee or pub. People will rarely say no! But ask them generally, so they don't feel pressured. e.g. say "Would you like to get coffee some time?" rather than "Would you like to get coffee next week?" This makes them feel less pressured, and if they pick the date themselves, they will feel more like the meeting was their idea (thus making them feel like THEY are pursuing YOUR friendship, rather than the other way around.)

8) When you ask them, give them a general theme of conversation, so they know it will be a fun low-stakes meeting. Like "Hi, I was wondering if you want to get a coffee some time and talk sports?" or whatever your interest is.

9) Believe that people want to be friends with you! This can be difficult at first, but it's crucial. Think of the nastiest people you know - they have friends, right? So you're much more likeable than them, so of COURSE people will want to be friends with you!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Just found this channel on YouTube and the information really resonated with me, so I thought I'd share it

• Heart
I'm chiming in to share an affirmation I've had a lot of luck with lately: "I am a very confident person, that's why everything works out well for me!"

I've had such a good time lately
- I got a job that I wanted, but *had already been turned down for a few months ago*! I just asked for it again and this time all my managers were saying how good I was, so I got it!
- I went to a festival alone, and I was confident enough to talk to people, and loads of people wanted to talk to me, spend the concerts with me, get dinner with me and so on! This is after a lifetime of feeling awkward and inadequate!
- I've managed to get a load of material stuff that I've wanted for years, all within the past 2 weeks! Some of it has been free, others I paid for, others were miraculously cheap!
- I've been speaking to people calmly when they do something to wrong me, and consistently finding that they realise I am right and back down.
- Three friends have given me presents just to thank me for being in their lives! I could never have dreamed that people would be grateful for me being in their lives.

Try the affirmation!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Happy new moon in Capricorn everyone 💕

I think this is a great time to release old fears and habits and karma (Also it's a great time to manifest new beginnings and fulfil desires and wishes).
Every new moon I do this, write down affirmations, repeat them (especially before sleep) and sleep with them under my pillow for at least 21 days.
Also if anyone knows how to practice any kind of moon or crystal or candle magic, this is the best time in my opinion.

Good luck and blessings to everyone.

Reactions: 4
Any advice on dealing with the negative emotions when trying to manifest?
I've always had little mantras etc in my head and I'm trying to focus on them to bring some positivity to my life
I just struggle with the negative waves that come over me, especially when I'm at work and little things trigger me

Any advice on dealing with the negative emotions when trying to manifest?
I've always had little mantras etc in my head and I'm trying to focus on them to bring some positivity to my life
I just struggle with the negative waves that come over me, especially when I'm at work and little things trigger me
I read somewhere that trying to think of trying to positive about those negative thoughts or situations…so for example if the negative wave is related to a person, think of a good thing about that person. (Might seem impossible but can be done)…same with a negative situation or thought…turn it on its head and try and think of a positive about the same situation to counteract it. The more you do it, the easier it becomes.

I seem to have lost my way a bit. I've not been actively manifesting, I've not been meditating, not been putting my crystals out during new or full moons. I don't know how to get out of this funk as it seems so overwhelming 😫

• Sad
I seem to have lost my way a bit. I've not been actively manifesting, I've not been meditating, not been putting my crystals out during new or full moons. I don't know how to get out of this funk as it seems so overwhelming 😫
I think we can get like this at times and it’s easier said than done, but please try not to beat yourself up.

How about you start small and build up again? Maybe an affirmation to start with for now. It does take a lot of effort at times to have daily spiritual practices (esp when life and other things get in the way) so for now please be kind and gentle with yourself ♥

Reactions: 4