Laurence Fox

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope he pays her ever penny as the courts will have assessed his income and savings and that amount is for the maintenance of his children, I wouldn’t be surprised if sadly a lot of it will go on therapy for them, dealing with the shame that’s come from him.

Any father that doesn’t want to maintain their own children, to me is worthless.

Statements like his are damaging as others (albeit in vastly different circumstances) will see this post and start refusing to pay their maintenance payments.

If I were Billie, I’d take him to the cleaners for the cocaine comments too. Prick.

Reactions: 15
I’m absolutely not disputing that.
Those sums are enormous though - even if it’s back payments.
I assume they have private school fees to pay.
Can’t be based on his current income, surely - he torched the remnants of his career ages ago!
I agree with you. Unless it's many many years of backpayments this cannot be realistic given that this pig has no career for years. But then again this doesnt seem to be a court order but his ex' demands, and we saw in Kevin Costner's divorce how much they inflate their demands.

Obviously everything else about his tweet is bad though.

Reactions: 3
Surely child maintenance is based on income? Maybe he has passive income - particularly if he comes from a wealthy family.

The idea that a mother can just demand huge sums, with no justification is misguided. If he hasn’t been paying for months/years, that is on him. Courts are far more balanced than he is claiming. With my divorce 5 yrs ago, my solicitor told me that they aim for 50/50 care, an equal split if assets, and two homes for the kids. Not one home and one being a visiting parent.

Women do not wipe the floor with the husband financially - this is an outdated model of divorce. I
imagine his behaviour is what has made this so problematic. He seems so reactive and constantly hard done by.

Why is he prioritising his political aspirations/campaigning over providing for his children? His first responsibility is to them.

Or is he so bitter that Billie has retained her career, and her earning potential, that he thinks he should not have to pay?

Nothing about this post is ok. It’s so damaging to his kids. The whinging about money and bad mouthing of the other parent. It’s hard work co-parenting, but decent parents provide for their kids, put the work in, and stfu about what they think about their ex, unless they are having a rant to friends and the kids can’t hear.

Reactions: 13
Surely child maintenance is based on income?
Yes - they look at the yearly gross income from information supplied by HM Revenue and Customs. Also you can ask for other sources of income and assets such as rental income, shares, stocks, gold, investments etc if they are over a certain amount to be taken into consideration. If his weekly income is over £3,000 Billie can apply for extra child maintenance. The money Lawrence has to pay can be reduced if he has his children stay overnight for 52 nights a year or more because child maintenance is not payable when parents have shared care and the children spend an equal number of nights with both parents.

So the number is that high because of various factors and I would imagine because of the type of person he is, he has probably not paid consistently and is in arrears.

What Billie makes is inconsequential to this - both parents are responsible for the costs of raising their children, it’s a parental obligation

Reactions: 10
If he's now broke then I'm sure he could apply to get reassessed, but that wouldn't go viral with the Tate fans on social media. (I'm guessing, have no clue how it works in England, but there's usually a fair bit of rational thought behind it)

Would still be stressful for Billie to take action against him even if he's 100% in the wrong, and in the end the only winners are the lawyers.

Reactions: 7
That’s the thing, he’s not broke because they take the information from HMRC - unless he wants to lie and commit fraud.
But that calculation might be quite out of date now. Who knows how his finances have changed since he last filed tax.

Reactions: 3
If Fox is as hard up as he's claiming then the onus is on him to ask the court to reassess his circumstances. Personally I think he just wanted an excuse to witch about Billie.

Reactions: 8