Laura Jane Williams

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone on Twitter said they were booked on the course, but I have no idea if it’s actually taking place/been cancelled though.

EB6C01D9-58BC-452C-BBA1-AD0D11B50030.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Character in her new book about a failed wedding is called Annie Wiig? So can we expect lots of ripped off Bridesmaids references given Kristen Wiig played a character called Annie??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Character in her new book about a failed wedding is called Annie Wiig? So can we expect lots of ripped off Bridesmaids references given Kristen Wiig played a character called Annie??
I noticed this too! She’s incapable of hiding her “inspiration”, from nicking Dolly Alderton and Pandora Sykes’ book titles to sell her course to declaring she writes about “modern love” just as the Amazon TV show of the NYT column became a hit. Clearly she watched Bridesmaids during lockdown 😂

Tip for Laura, if you’re reading - google how Wiig is pronounced in Norway before you do your promo.

Reactions: 4
Wait WHAT?! I came on to catch up on her courses BS and I've just seen the Annie Wiig thing. I'm pretty sure Annie Wiig is the main character in a Zoe Folbigg book 🤯 Set in Norway. The book is at work but hang one lemme google. Looks like she's up to her old tricks. Surely you wouldn't keep stealing from the same author?! She must have a real hard on for her. And Kristin Wiig. Oh my.

My mistake - she's Cecilie Wiig in The Distance. But she is Norwegian and it was a beautiful book. Judging by what I read of Laura's and what a tea leaf she is, sounds like her new one is going to be Poundland Bridesmaids.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Well I think she has several aliases 😂. The person who says ‘Are you able to tell us more about knowing her?’ and asks for more details (trying to unveil hater friends). The person who dropped her Love Square cover when only she/her book team had seen it (trying to generate interest). The person who slates Wonderful U (cause they have beef). The person who got defensive about all stories being similar (trying to cover up she copied that Note book). The person who asked people here to DM her as she had vital intel (trying to set a honey trap). The person who used the phrase “balls to the wall” (srsly, I’ve only ever heard one person use that phrase in real life and it's LJ). And yes, I know her. But I’m not going to tell her more about that 👋
lol, I’m the person who “got defensive about stories being similar” and I’m definitely NOT Laura, thanks. No idea about the others but this does seem a bit of a stretch.

I was just saying, when you read trashy train station novels don’t go in expecting earth-shattering literary genius or uniqueness of vision and then act shocked when it’s exactly the same as the last one you read. Mass-produced paperbacks are formulaic, let’s not have an aneurysm over it. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She even manages to make the global pandemic sound like it's all about her. It's a skill, really.

Reactions: 5
“Posting this memory so I can show my grandkids one day”

Ok Laura. Posting tit on Instagram that makes a global pandemic all about you seems the most obvious way of keeping memories to show your grandkids. Sure.

Reactions: 2
Yeah she left Twitter and her Insta is so dull now. If she’s drunk posting about the neighbours Tesco delivery she clearly has nothing else to report and canned the writing course. I wonder what her excuse was to the three people who signed up?

Anyway, I feel a change of direction coming on. The magazine features have dried up, the book deal pays very little, looks like she's cancelling her fraudulent courses... maybe the fringe was just a terrible test run for her next reinvention. She obviously doesn't stick at anything for very long.

Did she definitely can the course? Do we have confirmation on that?

I think she seems to be talking about wine A LOT. I mean, lots of people have started drinking more in the past year, but it seems to be such a huge feature of her life from what she shares.

Reactions: 1
Did she definitely can the course? Do we have confirmation on that?

I think she seems to be talking about wine A LOT. I mean, lots of people have started drinking more in the past year, but it seems to be such a huge feature of her life from what she shares.
I think she used to be a wine salesperson and has delusions of expertise

I think she used to be a wine salesperson and has delusions of expertise
Oh of course she does! Add wine expert to ballroom & latin expert (her Strictly commentary!), total foodie (who had never roasted a chicken), travel expert, parenting expert (with no kids), brilliant teacher of English, yoga master, general happiness and lifestyle guru... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She's not mentioned it. None of the three people I know of signing up for it have mentioned it. It seems strange for her not to even make a story of it when she's clearly got diddly squat going on... but hey, I'm watchin! 👀👀👀

Golly her stories. She's unfortunate in that she's one of those people who has a really annoying face. But opening her mouth doesn't help with the voices and tongue and accents. I can see why she gets on so many people's tits.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.