Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Why on earth has she changed her Insta bio to say “I write books about modern love”???

In what way are her unoriginal, uninspired, cheap little rip-offs about “modern love”? They’re just basic beach reads, Laura.

Why do I feel she’s been inspired to claim she writes about “modern love” because of the current heightened popularity of the NYT column (and Amazon TV show)? It reminds me of how she constantly puts on a new persona - she’s tried to be Dolly Alderton at times, she went through a Phoebe Waller-Bridge phase when she was trying to sell a TV show, and now she’s trying to rebrand her trashy, throwaway novels as some kind of study on modern day love stories?

No thanks.

Also, I’m not sure if I ever wrote this on here, but I read Ice Cream for Breakfast when it came out, as a colleague raved about it. Fuck me, I’ve never read anything so self-indulgent and full of such glaringly obvious “realisations” about life? Plus, a good chunk of it had free pages to write your own lists etc, aka the laziest publishing trick to beef up an Instagrammer’s book.

Reactions: 8
you can’t necessarily know someone’s preferred pronouns just by looking at them. Many cis people have started putting their pronouns in their bios to normalise asking the question, and also as a show of solidarity with trans and nb people.
Just wondering, have you followed her for long? This is a woman who flippantly used rape and child sex abuse without trigger warnings and as part of a post to promote a "character".
Like @SeaWitch says "all woke quote and no knickers" - bang on with that!

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Where are you seeing that?
Assuming it’s these comments?
889B9A43-1E4D-40B7-A903-0460B1EEF04A.jpeg
DEBCD0DC-03CF-499C-A960-87CF6F7AEA22.jpeg
2895A90A-E201-48C7-AF9A-14089A879934.jpeg

Edited to add: this is obviously either a commentator on this thread or a lurker. It’s basically what has been said several times!

Not sure how I feel personally. It’s a valid point but I’ve always been against contacting Tattle subjects directly; just makes it easier for them to dismiss us all as a bunch of trolls.

Last edited:

Old fart

I think she posted an apology because her publishers told her too. There’s been rumblings and subtweeting from high profile figures about her and her publishers can’t afford a scandal before a book launch. She has zero self awareness (she mentions the “women who had to break this down for me”) and posting in stories, not on the grid is a cop out because they disappear. If you want to amplify voices, post on your grid.

• Heart

jecca

I want to personally warn every single person about to take that "course". If it's claiming to be everything she knows, will it involve a how to for those wildly unsuitable outfit posts with the captions. Money well spent.

• Haha

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
AND PEOPLE ARE LOVING IT!
I just messaged her saying that it’s totally inappropriate and potentially triggering to victims. Also really not something you should be posting when looking to adopt. I’m sure I’ll be called a troll shortly..

Everly

I had to unfollow and block this woman because everything about her did my head in. Zero engagement, ridiculous voice, and her EYEBROWS oh GOD. I don't know why they wind me up so much but they do. It's a shame, because sometimes she does have some good and insightful things to say, but most of the time they're buried among so much privileged, middle-class bullshit. I imagine she'll turn into a full-blown Instamum once she adopts a baby (and is it horrible of me to say that it almost seems like she's so gung-ho about doing that for the money she'll get from it?).
Yes to all of this- the eyebrows bug me too. They’re like semi circles. And then some. You just KNOW she’s going to write a book about the adoption process, articles in every middle class women’s mag going about it. Some stupid name for the kid. Not putting their face online but happy to show the gifted Boden baby grow. Again, she doesn’t understand what privilege she has of being able to adopt. I’ve got a friend who was turned down because her husband suffered from severe depression a decade ago. She boils my piss!

Reactions: 7

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Bridget Jones Diary is a rehash of Pride and Prejudice
Yes, but don’t say that on this thread! LJW’s head will be growing just reading this, deciding she’s definitely on the same level as Helen Fielding...

She’s probably already stalking Colin Firth to star in the movie adaptation of Our Stop (which she’ll write, direct and star in herself and then flog £200 courses on how to write, direct and star in a hit movie, of course. Places are limited, so don’t miss out!)

• Haha

Milly Moo

I thought she was off social until Feb. How disappointing. But I imagine she’s back on to sell her writing course. Btw Do not sign up for the Laura Jane Williams magazine writing course. It’s a scam. She’s never worked on a commissioning desk so doesn’t know what editors want or the current landscape (er, hardly any women’s magazines commission new writers at the moment unless they are young fresh writers of colour). And copy she delivers to editors is substandard. So she’s flunking on both sides of the course she’s trying to sell. I think it’s criminal and her followers should know.

• Wow
  • Heart

Honeybear

When I can’t sleep I listen to ljw's podcasts, they’re so full of shit I find them comforting somehow, she never ceases to amaze me with her fake posh accent and pronunciation of certain words. I was listening to one the other day and she was asked a question about Chick Lit and why it gets a bad press...Her reply was “Because women are fucking shit”. She tried to back pedal but it was too late, every now and again that rough, ugly LJW makes a sneaky appearance, she tries to hide it but it’s there. She has to keep the charade up because she’s desperate to maintain this title of an author and doesn’t want to go back to 9-5. She’s so full of shit I’m addicted...Even my kids say “You’re not listening to that fucking nutter again are you?” I’m afraid to say I can’t get enough. She is vile. She has absolutely no interest in the wellbeing of other women.

• Wow
  • Haha

InstaFamous

I noticed she keeps changing her bio, which doesn't sound like a woman whose high self esteem is "your problem". It was all “I write woke books about love...” “I write modern love stories for people who don’t believe in love...” “I write feminist romcoms...” “I write books where no one needs saving...” (etc).

How about “I write steaming turds distinctly average books that don’t do as well as I expect them to...”?
“I write ‘books’ in which the main characters are always shockingly similar to me and constantly fawned upon/praised/wanted as a narcissistic masturbatory exercise” ???

• Haha

Calabria

VIP Member
Character in her new book about a failed wedding is called Annie Wiig? So can we expect lots of ripped off Bridesmaids references given Kristen Wiig played a character called Annie??

• Haha

Milly Moo

Lockdown is hard for everyone but it must be especially hard for a single narcissist who can only think of the self: the fringe desperation is like she’s 15 (and millions of people aren’t dying). The obsession with the camera angles (and that face filter!) - or books that strategically cover half her face to look "cute" and minimise her weight gain, it’s quite sad. You can only can imagine how many photos of herself are on her camera roll. And all she seems to talk about is what TV she is watching or what book she’s cobblin together. It doesn’t fill me with joy. When she said her favourite line of her new book is “can’t be arsed” well, if that’s her best line, it sounds pretty shite. I can’t be arsed to read it now!

• Haha
This makes me so angry! There is so much information out there from really successful bestselling authors on getting a book deal etc etc AND THEY DO IT FOR FREE!

Scarlett30

Since she found this forum she hasn’t storied and she will never admit that it’s the reason why she isn’t doing it anymore.

Instagram was how she was getting her name of there to sell her books so she can’t pretend like it doesn’t matter and life is too important.

What this forum did was burst her bubble. For a while she was living in a pretend world and people were fuelling it by pandering to her. This forum made her realise that she can’t bullshit everyone, she is see through, and it made her look at herself and analyse who she is instead of hiding behind characters and captions.

I was a fan but not anymore even got sucked into paying for her online insta story course which I felt as though was daylight robbery as the content was atrocious and just her talking about how amazing she is as insta storying.
I got sucked into the fraud but she is what she is. A fictional writer and the character we have seen of exactly that fictional until now.

JammyEmmy

Has anyone noticed since this thread that she's started listing all her FRIENDS. Because gUyS she has ~friends~ you know?! She did a story a while back listing all her "friends" and sure enough she'll be writing an article about them all soon enough. However, notice that some of the friends don't pop up again after she previously went on and on about them. What happened to her house mates or her "high school" mates or Emma Gannon or Wonderful U?

To the previous poster who likes her, there's someone for everyone and I probably like people you don't - but the issue people had with the ootd post wasn't that it was "a bit much" but that it glorified rape and child abuse as a throw away story, a whim, people's feelings to be trampled on. She wrote it, then got really defensive when some people were brave enough to call her out on it. She is pushing her brand of feminism which is "do as I say and no one can say anything to me because I am not willing to engage with anyone who disagrees with me". She recently did a story about Maura from Love Island saying she wouldn't trust her with any men in her life. Errr, what about free will and their choice? She listed her dad in the list. Mate, if your dad can't be trusted with Maura guess whose fault that is?! It's the most piss pot thing in the world to blame women for men's mistakes.

I can't speak for other people, but what I can say is that her push for "authenticity" whilst also lying quite blatantly about some things doesn't go down well where I'm from. This forum has exposed some of her lies and she doesn't like it.

As for deleting her blog, it's because people can easily go back and double check the lies she's been spinning all this time and she doesn't want that.

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Yes, awful awful! From what I heard she's not all about supporting other women! Desperate to get back in with Dolly after they did one event together and Dolly thought she was a bell?! She RAVES about her book. Desperate to get back in with Red after they thought Laura's last book was shite? She kisses staffer arse. She's been rude and dismissive to wimmin I work with; then bum licks women she needs. We all know it, they all know it. It's probably why she only has one friend, that Callum fella.
To be fair, Dolly thanked Laura in the acknowledgements of Ghosts.

The tongue is out in full force to promote this utter embarrassment, I see. An exercise in narcissism. Apparently she has been “recognised for living boldly and bravely”... erm, recognised by herself, I guess? Shagging American teenagers and moving back to Derby so you can afford your own place are not what I call bold or brave?

edited to add: she’s getting very creative in hiding her chins. No roll neck today, just hand under the face, carefully placed hair etc.

• Haha

CheeryBee

Such bullshit. What prissy references - and not relevant / relatable for the vast majority of people just out here, living a normal life? Soho Farm House was only a thing for her because it was probably sponsored. She’s got so much white privilege it’s unbelievable. God, she irritates me so much but I just can’t stop watching her tragic life!!!