Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gma

Just listened to the podcast with Laura and DB. DB sounds like she’s had some genuinely rough times (albeit with the softening effect of extreme wealth). Laura on the other hand… jeez… I don’t know what it is about her but she never strikes me as being terribly bright.
Could you tell me where I’d be able to find the podcast please? Thank you 😊

Nancy Knows

Chatty Member
Fascinating re DB. Although for me, buying a house in a expensive part of london, even if small, with an inheritance is classed as super wealthy. It’s a world I cannot relate to at all.
when my grandma died I was left £25 premium bond 😂😂
Possibly. None of it is out of her pocket. As I’ve said look further. Queen of trickery. At most of these schools if you remove the people who’s school fees are paid for (by a grandparent, inheritance, trust) - they would be empty. Cakes cost nothing and parties are cleverly put together. She’s creative. She knows how to make tat look expensive. No amazing holidays - just goes to the family homes, same old. Doesn’t have anything special. It’s all that rubbish from Wyse and Ray Feather - tat made in India

snarksnark

Chatty Member
Yes, very obviously all pet brands wasn’t it?

I think DB has been reading here as well as she very obviously featured her Celine bag in her Venice stories.

Also - more bloody Meri Meri Party - anyone know the deal there? I did look them up and they do run an affiliate programme, but it's never marked ad, but also tagged to death so there must be some kickback of some kind.

Yes, I heard about her first marriage on the podcast… I would love more details on the family as well, her brother has made an occasional appearance but I think there are two?

Ilovecheese

Possibly. None of it is out of her pocket. As I’ve said look further. Queen of trickery. At most of these schools if you remove the people who’s school fees are paid for (by a grandparent, inheritance, trust) - they would be empty. Cakes cost nothing and parties are cleverly put together. She’s creative. She knows how to make tat look expensive. No amazing holidays - just goes to the family homes, same old. Doesn’t have anything special. It’s all that rubbish from Wyse and Ray Feather - tat made in India
Again, do you know them personally? Your posts are written like you do...?

Graphie

The Liberty calendar really upsets me… my husband always buys me one for Christmas and it’s something I really look forward to and get excited about and this influencer stuff has slightly taken the shine off.
Totally agree. The ‘free stuff’ actively diminishes a brand’s worth to me. Even their ‘thing’ with a Joseph took that brand down a notch for me. And any WI manufacturing collab they do with a brand makes me question that brand’s quality.

I’m happy to click affiliate links for influencers who are upfront about their sponsored posts. They are receiving a commission for bringing customers. But WI has no credibility for me now.

I miss those days of WIT too - although I was sucked in before I realised the links were paying her - she’s received plenty of my money and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I find WI so bland and predictable. But those big price links it must bring in the cash as they have more and more employees.

I have more respect for Erica Davies and Kat Farmer. Neither are my cup of tea but they have monetised in an open way.

I think she threw the towel in too early with WIT. She must be kicking herself now seeing how successful influencers that were blatantly influenced by her back in the day are now.
I bought the Isabel Marant backless / convertible loafers that Laura had in early WI days….fell to bits within 6 months. The quality was shocking.

Dizzy

VIP Member
How do trust funds work? Is the money invested realy well and so makes a massive return? Or is there just so much of it that it never runs out?!

Dollyp

Chatty Member
Is one of her brothers the husband of this lady with the Insta name of mummywearsflats he is a Brett (Charles I think)