Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
I adore Andrew scott but having lost my gay son to suicide I really can’t risk watching this .
I’d love to but I just know it would take me to a dark place and I can’t do that to myself x
It’s a beautiful film but tough viewing. I am so sorry that you have experienced such an awful loss and think you have made the right decision to protect yourself ❤

He is an incredibly emotive actor who can convey so much from just a facial expression. Not many actors can take such a well known speech and deliver it in such a fresh way

• Heart
Reactions: 5

lilyannrose

Chatty Member
Labyrinth.

I have seen it so many times it's ridiculous but I adore it. It does make me sad that David Bowie is not with us anymore though.

• Heart

lilamay

VIP Member
It ended me! I started crying around 20 mins in, reached peak wailing half way through and then blubbed through the rest of it. Honestly, it was devastating. Beautiful but devastating.

Also I thought Claire Foy was remarkable. Breaks my heart just thinking about it 🥹
I thought Jamie Bell was brilliant in it too. With such a small number of characters they all needed to give really strong performances, and they really did.

The last film I saw was Mothers Instinct and it was so bad. At the same time, I thought Anne Hathaway and Jessica Chastain's acting was brilliant, the plot was just a damp squib.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Babylon.

A load of self indulgent, weird, nonsense. I think it tried to be Moulin Rouge on steroids but it's just a mess.

3 hours long too. I started fast forwarding bits at the end.

Goujon

Chatty Member
What a great reminder of a fantastic movie year, @Goujon 😊 Not arguing with the list at all, but as someone who was 15 in 1994, I need to give a shoutout to that year and its movies too. Because I know I went to the cinema A LOT. Here’s a link to the worldwide box office hits in 1994: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/year/world/1994/

The Lion King, Forrest Gump, Speed, Legend of the Fall, The River Wild, Shawshank Redemption, Four Weddings and a Funeral!! (And quite a few more)
1994 was an ULTRA strong year too OMG.

The Shawshank Redemption is one of my all time favourite films, makes me blub like a child!
Pulp Fiction, the movie that practically invented quotable dialogue.
Speed-the big break for our queen Sandra Bullock

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
House of Gucci
The Unholy
The Last Vermeer
The Last Duel
Dream Horse

Guess who's been on a long haul flight recently? :LOL:

• Haha

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I went to see Glass Onion. Loved it!!! But then me and old dear love Miss Maple/Poirot type mysteries. So it really ticked all our boxes.

It's always surprised me that Ed Norton isn't a mega star. He is a fabulous actor. Saw him years ago in a film with Robert De Niro and Marlon Brando and he was brilliant.

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
Love Actually.

Had never watched it before and recorded it at Christmas. Wish I hadn't bothered.

One of the most ridiculous and cliche ridden movies ever, really terrible!

• Wow

IfTheCapFits

VIP Member
Netflix, Leave the World Behind

Bit of a slow burner, but still kept my attention for the first hour, mainly due to the extra dramatic music! But it sort of fizzled out with nothing really happening, the end reveal was just meh 🤷‍♀️ 2hrs20mins wasted 🤦‍♀️[/ISPOILER][/ICODE]