Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe this is super harsh, but I think Lara has always been out of touch. I remember her saying in an old video that she used to buy loads of designer bags and such when she worked in London and would always spend money without thinking about it. I do not believe she is frugal at all. The only thing I believe is that they did truly need to do a no spend/low buy year to help build up their house deposit and that's when she gained some traction on youtube. She now has to keep up this pretense but deep down is a bit of a snob who wants a luxe life.

I also think the hoarding is because she's materialistic and having loads of stuff feels like an achievement.
I don't think that's true regarding her buying loads of designer bags. She spends money left right and centre, but it's all on cheap tat, not designer bags. She has no style and no taste, she buys the cheapest crappiest things available. Max I can see her with are Michael Kors bags.

Reactions: 3
“We bought two of these only £325, which is really really good - I think!” 😱 Fucks sake!

Whoever it was on here said she’s so out of touch was right on the mark!

21:30

As Jilly Cooper would say the "smug marrieds" 😄😄😄

I don't think that's true regarding her buying loads of designer bags. She spends money left right and centre, but it's all on cheap tat, not designer bags. She has no style and no taste, she buys the cheapest crappiest things available. Max I can see her with are Michael Kors bags.
I remember her talking about designer bags in an old video. Stopped watching after that. Pissed me off with her "do as I say but not as I do" attitude.
Expect she bounces the Hauls and holidays off against tax.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
She has said in a old video that she used to purchase things like designer bags when she worked in London. I don't think she has purchased anything like that in recent years! What I am saying is its clear she likes to spend money but I think their financial circumstances is the restriction rather than her being frugal :)

Reactions: 5
She has said in a old video that she used to purchase things like designer bags when she worked in London. I don't think she has purchased anything like that in recent years! What I am saying is its clear she likes to spend money but I think their financial circumstances is the restriction rather than her being frugal :)
Yeah I remember the video. She was sorting her wardrobe and getting rid of her old office wear, she had loads of bags and dust bags for them and mentioned it was her thing that she would treat herself to when she worked in marketing or something.
It must have been years ago, as I haven't watched her for a good 18 months or so.

Reactions: 2
Yeah I remember the video. She was sorting her wardrobe and getting rid of her old office wear, she had loads of bags and dust bags for them and mentioned it was her thing that she would treat herself to when she worked in marketing or something.
It must have been years ago, as I haven't watched her for a good 18 months or so.
I remember that too. I think she's very appearance-orientated, so the bags were a statement to show she deserved them, and they gave her that look of someone rich and fancy. That's why she wanted the big house and wouldn't settle, she wants to look like she's that upper middle class trophy wife. That's what her whole "best life on a budget" stuff is about. How can you LOOK rich and fancy without being rich and fancy.

Reactions: 7
That video of her and her husband with the new garden furniture is completely cringe. Why is she pretending to be all posh all the time and he's like some bad Eastenders actor saying how he couldn't put a basic table and chairs together. She talked over him i wonder if she embarrassed by him, he's so thick.

She just buys endless crap, what was she trying to hang off that beam, all these excuses to go to B&M, homesense and dunlem to buy more and more cheap tat. Shouldn't she be prioritising new towels which she was stood in front of for her kids rather than a second garden table to entertain friends. Just imagine that get together!!

Those poor boys in the back of her car too, she was sat there filming about buying sh!t in dunlem and theyre just sat there being ignored. what is that teaching them.

Reactions: 8
What's WITH the bloody hand under the chin all the time??!!! It's so annoying and makes her look a right smug tit 🙈🙈

That video of her and her husband with the new garden furniture is completely cringe. Why is she pretending to be all posh all the time and he's like some bad Eastenders actor saying how he couldn't put a basic table and chairs together. She talked over him i wonder if she embarrassed by him, he's so thick.

She just buys endless crap, what was she trying to hang off that beam, all these excuses to go to B&M, homesense and dunlem to buy more and more cheap tat. Shouldn't she be prioritising new towels which she was stood in front of for her kids rather than a second garden table to entertain friends. Just imagine that get together!!

Those poor boys in the back of her car too, she was sat there filming about buying sh!t in dunlem and theyre just sat there being ignored. what is that teaching them.
Her kids are at an age where they must start thinking 'oh here mummy goes again, talking to her imaginary friends in the camera'.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So… going by her instagram post… Homesense did fall for her begging for garden furniture 😳

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
So she tagged loads of seating area garden sets from Dunheim but ended up with a dining table for a Homesense AD.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She looks extremely pleased with herself for finally bagging a freebie doesn't she. What an empty pathetic way to live your life. What will she be begging for next I wonder.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
She looks extremely pleased with herself for finally bagging a freebie doesn't she. What an empty pathetic way to live your life. What will she be begging for next I wonder.
That's what turns me off watching any of her YT vlogs when I see that look on her thumbnail. Makes me feel quite violent 🤬🤮

• Haha
How utterly pathetic she is. In this climate with people having to choose between eating and heating their homes it makes these influencers appear even more abhorrent and materialistic.

• Heart
Her new video - “Make your Money work for you” advising folk on stocks and shares ISAs - and whinges about needing new towels - basic necessities for you and I and yet still begging for freebies 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Latest video. I’ll take my financial advice from a suitably qualified person thx. Not someone who has clearly overstretched themselves financially, to buy the perfect ‘insta’ house (they weirdly won’t show off considering that’s all they’ve banged on about for years!) and are always on the beg!

• Heart
Latest video. I’ll take my financial advice from a suitably qualified person thx. Not someone who has clearly overstretched themselves financially, to buy the perfect ‘insta’ house (they weirdly won’t show off considering that’s all they’ve banged on about for years!) and are always on the beg!
In Australia they have made it illegal for influencers with no qualifications to provide any form of financial advice, they can face a huge fine. Why anyone would take financial advice on how to invest from this woman I do not know when she isn't even sure where her next mortgage payment is coming from.

Reactions: 20
she has no right to give financial advice!
She has bought right at the top of the market, a house on the surface she can't expand or "improve" but actually one that's a money pit and i suspect has been done up for show and to flip rather than a quality build.
We're going into a recession, some say a depression. it's not the time to start with stocks and shares if you dont know what you're doing, cause if you did you wouldn't listen to her bleating on.

She needs to stay in her lane and make sure she can pay her mortgage and her bills! I honestly believe her husband in a commission only job would struggle to pay the mortgage anyway let alone if their circumstances change. I would be sick with worry not giving out random financial advice to others!

Honestly give people a camera and they suddenly become an expert. I agree with poster above - it should be ILLEGAL! People are very frightened and vulnerable right now and these instahuns are just going to prey on people's fears and finances for views.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
she has no right to give financial advice!
She has bought right at the top of the market, a house on the surface she can't expand or "improve" but actually one that's a money pit and i suspect has been done up for show and to flip rather than a quality build.
We're going into a recession, some say a depression. it's not the time to start with stocks and shares if you dont know what you're doing, cause if you did you wouldn't listen to her bleating on.

She needs to stay in her lane and make sure she can pay her mortgage and her bills! I honestly believe her husband in a commission only job would struggle to pay the mortgage anyway let alone if their circumstances change. I would be sick with worry not giving out random financial advice to others!

Honestly give people a camera and they suddenly become an expert. I agree with poster above - it should be ILLEGAL! People are very frightened and vulnerable right now and these instahuns are just going to prey on people's fears and finances for views.
Exactly this!
For her to be doling out financial ‘advice’ when she’s in insecure employment herself and husband is in the precarious position of being commission only employment is madness, considering the financial storm coming our way. Their mortgage alone must be huge.
It don’t think it’ll be long before that smugness is wiped off her face when the financial chickens come home to roost Chez Jarvis.

Reactions: 11