Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is she saying they need everything as well? Surely they had a TV in their old house and a matress for their kids beds? Why do they suddenly need all new.
I'm super confused by this. I thought it was a blag for freebies, but she says they don't have a TV, mattress, sofa, towels / linen. šŸ™„ Surely they moved them from the old house? Heck they had enough boxes and stuff for the removal people to move, so if they don't have the basics i'd hate to know what crap they packed and took with them. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm super confused by this. I thought it was a blag for freebies, but she says they don't have a TV, mattress, sofa, towels / linen. šŸ™„ Surely they moved them from the old house? Heck they had enough boxes and stuff for the removal people to move, so if they don't have the basics i'd hate to know what crap they packed and took with them. šŸ¤£
Especially when the video was named ā€œHouse Tour ā€¦ā€. Also begging for a collab for linens, towels and moaning about bed/mattress. These items would be first on my list.

Reactions: 5
If I remember correctly she was kindly gifted Emma mattress which she absolutely loved. I haven't yet watched any of the house yt videos - stories are cringy enough. Today's highlight is how to get rid of mist from the inside of the oven šŸ™„

• Wow
Reactions: 5
So annoying not to do a hour tour after so much content leading up to the new house. Also if youā€™re worried about money and needing new items for the house why spend Ā£800 getting someone else to pack your belongings.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Problems with the heating, problems with the WiFi and now the oven is misting over. I feel like the previous owners have done everything to make it look pretty to sell it quick but not concentrated on the basics.

I've not watched the YouTube videos because imagine they are all very samey but the basics of an empty house tour, tour once the furniture is it I may have bothered to watch.

Problems with the heating, problems with the WiFi and now the oven is misting over. I feel like the previous owners have done everything to make it look pretty to sell it quick but not concentrated on the basics.

I've not watched the YouTube videos because imagine they are all very samey but the basics of an empty house tour, tour once the furniture is it I may have bothered to watch.
I think the same the previous owners have made it aesthetically pleasing but function wise they obviously haven't taken care any of that. Which could potentially mean big $$$ for them which she admits they don't have.

Also shows how much she was swept up in looking for a house that was pretty, not checking whether things work and asking questions/doing her research etc and it's going to come back to bite her and her wallet.

Reactions: 9
She even mentioned in her YT video her en-suit shower is flooding because of the way it is constructed (tipping slightly downhill). The house is all show and no substance. You can tell Lara is vain af and only cares about aesthetics and how others see her house. She also said she is excited to host and let her kids have friends around. It's all about showing off. So strange (and unflattering!) for almost a 40yo woman.

Forgot to mention the weird moment when she was gushing over her window, saying how she always wanted shutters and now she has them - whilst pointing at venetian blinds! LOL! In her eyes shutters are expensive hence she wants them. But then she cannot tell the difference when pointing at venetian blinds that are so much cheaper.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
She's now being really defensive and bitchy to anyone who dares comment about the lack of a house tour. Touchy subject Lara? She keeps banging on about all the boxes everywhere but people would expect that given they only just moved so why say that's the reason you wont do a house tour. Come on Lara, What are you hiding???? She seems really awkward on camera all of a sudden, not at all relaxed, like she's somewhere she doesn't feel she belongs or maybe the realisation they cant afford it all!

Reactions: 10
The previous buyers pulled out, I wander why. would the new buyers be told the reason.

Reactions: 2
Sheā€™s got 0 imagination, poor thing. If she skipped through the place, on a nice and sunny pre-Spring day, saying ā€˜Ignore the boxes! I envision this here! And that there!ā€™ then most viewers would be satisfied. As it is, she canā€™t get past wondering which Decadent Denim painted wall is going to dwarf a B&M drinks trolley. Oh, and when Stuā€™s next commission cheque is going to land.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It annoys me that she called the video ā€œhouse tourā€ for clicks then didnā€™t do a house tour

• Angry
Reactions: 8
She is full of BS. Talks like she is a house buying and finance guru but didn't know she would have to make a higher initial mortgage payment the first month.

I bet she didn't work out her projected bills on the bigger property. (Admittedly gas/electric would have been nigh on impossible.)

If the house does need stuff done to it, she is going to be shocked after years of subsidised rent and no maintenance costs!

Surely an empty house tour is the first thing you do on yt, seems like she is trying to hide something. How exactly does it take "months" to pack just to justify spending Ā£800 on paying someone to do it for you. She seems to talk a lot about what needs fixing doesn't work and how they haven't got enough money to do anything about it. I guess they have spent all their life savings on a deposit and have nothing left. Would love to know what they monthly mortgage payments are.
Ps Your little bubble won't pay the bills love.

Forgot to mention the weird moment when she was gushing over her window, saying how she always wanted shutters and now she has them - whilst pointing at venetian blinds! LOL! In her eyes shutters are expensive hence she wants them. But then she cannot tell the difference when pointing at venetian blinds that are so much cheaper.
Finally watched it and yeah, who doesn't know the difference between shutters and blinds! :ROFLMAO: I'm pretty sure the handles on the cupboard behind her are uneven as well.

I don't really understand why she's taken weeks to unpack the place? She's unemployed and the kids have been at school for most of this period, surely?

She really hasn't thought about the content she's going to create at all. I think she needs to do a full rebrand and have done with it.

How can she carry on branding herself as a ā€œfrugalā€ vlogger when she has bought a half million pound house?

I agree it feels like sheā€™s hiding something

I bet the reality of the house isnā€™t like she thought

• Wow
Reactions: 7
How can she carry on branding herself as a ā€œfrugalā€ vlogger when she has bought a half million pound house
I agree! I think this is why sheā€™s being shifty about a house tour. Itā€™d alienate her followers who really are scrimping and working overtime to get on the property ladder (while sheā€™s enjoyed gifted holidays, brunches and manifesting shutters).

I also think they might be a bit out of their depth in terms of being so focused on the purchase she didnā€™t think about what was next. The extra costs of running a house that size and furnishing it seem to be a bit of a shock. Didnā€™t she mention not having a mattress for one of the boys? What has he been sleeping on?!

Sheā€™s spent the max possible on the house without leaving herself any extra funds for furniture and necessities, looks like. Well done lara šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ™„

• Wow
  • Haha
How can she carry on branding herself as a ā€œfrugalā€ vlogger when she has bought a half million pound house?

I agree it feels like sheā€™s hiding something

I bet the reality of the house isnā€™t like she thought
Or because the freebies havenā€™t been rolling in like she hoped

Reactions: 3
Don't worry that she can't afford the mortgage people - she got to light a neom candle and film it so she's achieved her life goal.

Yes what exactly is her content gonna be now........

• Haha
  • Heart