Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find her choice of holiday to Finland with just her husband a strange one. Surely if you went away to somewhere so snowy, where you saw reindeer, went sledging and huskie riding you'd be constantly wishing you had the children with you.
If you wanted an adult only anniversary break I'd plan something either really romantic or something wild that you couldn't do with kids.

Reactions: 13
I find her choice of holiday to Finland with just her husband a strange one. Surely if you went away to somewhere so snowy, where you saw reindeer, went sledging and huskie riding you'd be constantly wishing you had the children with you.
If you wanted an adult only anniversary break I'd plan something either really romantic or something wild that you couldn't do with kids.
Don’t have children myself, but I can totally see what you mean - it does seem like something magical to share with the kids

Reactions: 4
Is she joking about not expecting there to be a queue for her booster? Where has she been!

Reactions: 5
She mixes with the gene pool of This Mama Life and Jess Avery and mean girl Lucie Houghgin .,,,,not sure it’s spelt right don’t care !
!

Reactions: 3
Her latest video is full of inaccuracies I can't even with her. Stop pretending you are an expert, Lara!

I can’t believe I just watched that video, what a load of rubbish! Love the comment from prdaAndy correcting her on several points!

The point about car sharing or getting a bus…ground breaking:rolleyes:

I can’t deal with her anymore. De clutter videos but has the most cluttered house 🤦‍♀️ And her advice on buying a house yet still hasn’t bought one.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ah the latest video is so bad and inaccurate, she should take it down and redo it.

Highlights were:

An advert for a plug in radiator to help save heating costs (not sure buying a new item to save money is the way to go there). Advert was poorly signposted and several comments asked whether it was an ad.

Wrong information about saving money on water bills (she said don't pour the water down the drain so you don't get charged sewerage, that's not how it works). Again picked up in the comments.

Wrong price given for a prescription annual pass - she said £50 and its more like £110 in England. So zero prep done of that video.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, how can she be a money expert when she doesn't know the price of things she mentions in vids, and gives advice about buying a house yet never seems to buy one?

Reactions: 8
Ans shes gone full circle another no buy year yawn.
Either they skint or desperate content.

Ans shes gone full circle another no buy year yawn.
Either they skint or desperate content.
The no buy year will include a house. Again. Yet will make videos about buying a house and telling her viewers how to buy a house which she hasn't done.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh my days another sun article they seem to love her.
Fails to say she's not brought a house
She dirent save 25k in 1 year
That she gifted a holiday and other things so she personally didn't have to buy.

Her husband is a Liverpool FC supporter. I see money and in very small brackets (fame) is more important than morals if Lara is prepared to work with that gutter rag.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh my days another sun article they seem to love her.
Fails to say she's not brought a house
She dirent save 25k in 1 year
That she gifted a holiday and other things so she personally didn't have to buy.

duck me. Her tips are:
- "Ditch the holidays". But she hasn't. Not only is she not ditching the holidays, she's getting free ones?!
- "Shop your wardrobe". Hers is overflowing. This is great in principle, but it seems like she is always buying new clothes and she constantly shows decluttering videos where we can she has more clothes than my entire family has put together.
- "ditch the daily coffees". Sounds like the boomer "you don't have any savings because you buy too many lattes". Who IS still buying those £5 coffees every day of the year? She reckons you can save £1,186.25 on coffee alone and I find that absurd.
- Paid surveys My family do this religiously. They have not made £600 a year between them, no way.
- Cashback. I find it hard to believe anyone is getting 3k back. I use mine for everything, the biggest rewards are switching bills and insurance. i do mine every year but I've made £1000 in 3-4 years ish. This suggests you're already spending A LOT of money to get the cashback.

Then there's 6k in "dinner plans". She forgot to factor in babysitting and stuff when she says "dinner is £50 a week if you eat out". A meal is easily £30, if not more, so the true figure for most parent couples would be a lot more per week, or they'd do it much less frequently.

And 6k on holidays. Apparently that's for 4 people and 2 holidays per year. Like, maybe do some actual work and suggest cheaper holidays? And maybe 1 a year? Or every other? I find it insulting that she's suggesting to people who follow her to actually save money because they need to go on less holidays when they're probably not able to afford a holiday, let alone 2, in the first place.

That whole piece is misleading, patronising, and lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
These 'I saved' blah articles are always "I bought a house at 12 because mummy and daddy bought it for me" or "we saved loads of money because we have massive incomes". I'm tempted to start a thread on the finance youtubers. The American ones in particular are fascinating.

Reactions: 8
These 'I saved' blah articles are always "I bought a house at 12 because mummy and daddy bought it for me" or "we saved loads of money because we have massive incomes". I'm tempted to start a thread on the finance youtubers. The American ones in particular are fascinating.
The comments are terrible
People saying how tit and unrealistic the article is

Reactions: 6
If you do start one, let us know. I'm interested and would love to discuss The Break from Patricia Bright (she's not very popular on Tattle for some reason, so no gossip about her going on here :( )

Reactions: 3