Lara Joanna Jarvis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stunning house but hardly a first time buyer house. I think her problem is that she is trying to catch up with all her friends who own houses, which are in better locations and done up. In her head she's probably thinking how would she be able to show off with a doer upper, which is probably more what they can afford.

It's purely her desire to show off going from what they are currently living in to their dream house, which in current economic conditions will be even harder to get.

She is not a thrifty blogger / influencer. If she was she would put all that knowledge and skills to getting something affordable and doing it up so it becomes their dream house - on a budget.

Reactions: 9
Stunning house but hardly a first time buyer house. I think her problem is that she is trying to catch up with all her friends who own houses, which are in better locations and done up. In her head she's probably thinking how would she be able to show off with a doer upper, which is probably more what they can afford.

It's purely her desire to show off going from what they are currently living in to their dream house, which in current economic conditions will be even harder to get.

She is not a thrifty blogger / influencer. If she was she would put all that knowledge and skills to getting something affordable and doing it up so it becomes their dream house - on a budget.
Totally agree with this! I imagine a lot of her friends are on their second/third houses (I’m a similar age and on my third) and she’s trying to jump on at the same level. But it’s just not possible. I’m in a bigger house because we’ve made money on our other houses, I wouldn’t have been able to afford our current house as a first time buyer.

we’ve said before she needs to compromise but while she continues to make vision boards and manifest big gardens and open space and an office, house prices will keep climbing out of her reach. Even if prices fell I’m still not convinced she’d get what she wants as I’m starting to wonder how much of this is for content.

• Heart
She’s gonna be like 80 years old when she finds her perfect house within the budget and she’ll still be saying manifestation works! Meanwhile she’s wasting valuable time and potential.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Instead of vision boards and manifesting the best thing for them to do is to sit and write pros and cons of buying in the first place.
Her husband is 40, Lara 38. If they have managed to rent a council property and therefore paying far less rent than if they were privately renting it may be worth just continuing as they are. They won't compromise on the kind of house they want and are used to paying low rent without having to worry about interest rises.

Reactions: 4
Instead of vision boards and manifesting the best thing for them to do is to sit and write pros and cons of buying in the first place.
Her husband is 40, Lara 38. If they have managed to rent a council property and therefore paying far less rent than if they were privately renting it may be worth just continuing as they are. They won't compromise on the kind of house they want and are used to paying low rent without having to worry about interest rises.
If they are legally renting that council house, they may as well sit tight. It's not like a private landlord where they can choose to sell the house at any point and make moves to evict. If they are unlawfully subletting it, there is a risk they would be kicked out and the tenant (in theory) could be prosecuted. It's not clear to me what their arrangement is, but if they don't have a secure tenancy, it might be best for them to move?

I still don't understand why they can't compromise and buy a fixer upper- it's always popular content.

Reactions: 3
If they have the money to buy a £500k house they shouldn’t be in a bleeping council house …..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And now they are on holiday again.

The whole you can go on overseas holidays and buy a house at the same time schtick she has been pushing for the pst three years only is plausible if she had actually BOUGHT a house.

Whilst living in a council house. That really grinds my gears. Why should they be paying less rent and taking housing from those that genuinely need support!! So infuriating.

Reactions: 8
Could have added that money to the house buying budget and be half way to that gorgeous house.

Reactions: 2
I am new to this thread so i am sure it's been said 100s of times before but wouldn't they have been able to buy a house 2 years ago if she just got a job? She only has 25k Instagram followers, she's not really going to be making that much as an influencer to contribute to a mortgage and deposit imo.

Her husband must be quite annoyed that she could be helping a lot more than she is I presume.
Truly cannot understand why she wouldn’t have got herself a permanent part time 3-day-per-week job.

It would leave time for YouTube and it seems like both her boys are at school full time. Plus with flexible working arrangements being so common since Covid-19 I’d imagine she could also work from home part of the time if she did an admin role

It would boost their income and look better for a mortgage app if she’s not making enough with YouTube alone

Bit baffled really!

I think she feels like shes in league with Louise Pentland…now hear me out I know a lot of people have issues with her to and some of her stuff but she took that bit of money/followers and put it into property, got the book deals, got the gifted stuff and gets the ads. Now thats not all luck even though shes on her laptop in bed working I believe her dad is quite business savvy and so she’s actually worked to get to where she is today. Lara on the other hand makes what 2/3 videos a week of her not* decluttering and expects the same results.

Reactions: 5
Truly cannot understand why she wouldn’t have got herself a permanent part time 3-day-per-week job.

It would leave time for YouTube and it seems like both her boys are at school full time. Plus with flexible working arrangements being so common since Covid-19 I’d imagine she could also work from home part of the time if she did an admin role

It would boost their income and look better for a mortgage app if she’s not making enough with YouTube alone

Bit baffled really!

Yes, this is what any normal person would do. I think she's manifesting herself a successful youtube career so hard she fully believes she's a 100k-er.

Bit baffled really!
Cos she's lazy and doesnt want to work, just like mummy in the know who popped another kid out so she could stay home for another 5 years. Neither of them have an work ethic and their husbands are too dumb to question it.

Reactions: 3
If they are in a council house.. Why not just buy the council house? Right to buy and all that.. Sit tight and they sell up for a profit in 5 years. Not saying its right but wouldn't that be the logical thing to do after what 2 /3 of trying to buy?

Reactions: 2
If they are in a council house.. Why not just buy the council house? Right to buy and all that.. Sit tight and they sell up for a profit in 5 years. Not saying its right but wouldn't that be the logical thing to do after what 2 /3 of trying to buy?
Council house wouldn’t be enough for this twit. She must have 4 beds, open plan kitchen and a snug!!!

Deluded idiot.