Ladies question (pee)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm in my 40's and lately noticed I feel the need to go for a wee a lot more often and when I go there isn't loads even though it feels I am bursting to go. No UTI. I have bad allergies and was sneezing a lot yesterday and during one sneezing bout I felt a bit of wee come out with each sneeze! Went to the bathroom and right enough I had wet myself. Is this just normal as I'm getting older? I googled and it says to try and not pee when I feel the urge and to hold it in until I must go.

Thanks for any advice.

I'm in my 40's and lately noticed I feel the need to go for a wee a lot more often and when I go there isn't loads even though it feels I am bursting to go. No UTI. I have bad allergies and was sneezing a lot yesterday and during one sneezing bout I felt a bit of wee come out with each sneeze! Went to the bathroom and right enough I had wet myself. Is this just normal as I'm getting older? I googled and it says to try and not pee when I feel the urge and to hold it in until I must go.

Thanks for any advice.
When this first started happening to me it was at the beginning of peri menopause! Do you have any other symptoms of peri?

When this first started happening to me it was at the beginning of peri menopause! Do you have any other symptoms of peri?
OMG I joined a group for peri because I have lots of the symptoms (almost all) I don't get periods as I'm on the mini pill so couldn't tell from that. It's all started around the same time. Is there anything I can do?

OMG I joined a group for peri because I have lots of the symptoms (almost all) I don't get periods as I'm on the mini pill so couldn't tell from that. It's all started around the same time. Is there anything I can do?
Well obviously there is HRT etc but I would just see how you get on. Peri can last 10 years unfortunately.

I tend to get the pee problem when I have a lot of bloating. A lot of my symptoms are similar to pregnancy which makes sense when it's all hormonal.

It's good you're on the pill though as they recommend that during peri or the mirena coil.
---

There's a thread on here and although it says 'have been through menopause' it's mainly about peri.

Reactions: 1
Well obviously there is HRT etc but I would just see how you get on. Peri can last 10 years unfortunately.

I tend to get the pee problem when I have a lot of bloating. A lot of my symptoms are similar to pregnancy which makes sense when it's all hormonal.

It's good you're on the pill though as they recommend that during peri or the mirena coil.
Yes I read to keep on the pill. I am always bloated because I have bowel disease. I wasn't sure on HRT because people mentioned weight gain. Thanks for your advice, I may have to give the HRT a go. I just went toilet and need to go again! Or feel like I need to.

Yes I read to keep on the pill. I am always bloated because I have bowel disease. I wasn't sure on HRT because people mentioned weight gain. Thanks for your advice, I may have to give the HRT a go. I just went toilet and need to go again! Or feel like I need to.
I have a few friends who went on HRT. Some gained weight, some didn't. However, weight gain is common in peri and all around the middle. I haven't tried HRT yet. Do you have the pee problem everyday? I only get it when I'm bloated which I am at the moment. Another good forum for menopause is menopause matters.

I have a few friends who went on HRT. Some gained weight, some didn't. However, weight gain is common in peri and all around the middle. I haven't tried HRT yet. Do you have the pee problem everyday? I only get it when I'm bloated which I am at the moment. Another good forum for menopause is menopause matters.
I have gained all round the middle over the last year or so. I hate it. My arms and legs are stick thin but my stomach is big.

Reactions: 1