LadBaby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who is going to begrudge someone in the real world for capitalising and monetizing their success? They are still down to earth. You might not like them but fair play to them.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Who is going to begrudge someone in the real world for capitalising and monetizing their success? They are still down to earth. You might not like them but fair play to them.
Is this a rave thread?

Their content is watching her do ott dancing with him pulling a face. With brain dead people finding the same thing funny ten times over.

You only think they are down to earth because of how they look and talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I went off these two when they were invited to the Brit Awards and he filmed himself crying because he hadn’t been seated with the pop stars despite having Xmas number ones. Yes the singles are for charity but only the “profits” go to the Trussell Trust - once the record company get their cut plus all the publicity costs are deducted. Plus the amount of money they have made in associated sponsorship/ads is insane.

They’re fame hungry and using an awful government making people rely on foodbanks for their own ends and today he’s moaned about the other single possibly beating him to Xmas number one. If it’s only about the charity he wouldn’t care if he doesn’t get to number one - he’d just be bothered about the overall sales numbers!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Do they do anything for charity during the rest of the year?

I obviously don't expect them to be donating to charity 24/7, but if they're only focusing on that during a specific season, which so happens to have a 'special' number 1 associated with it that guarantees press, it's a bit telling where their priorities are

Reactions: 15
You need to click on Ladbaby trending on twitter. The backlash has started!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
He’s an entitled wanker that wants his ego feeding. It shouldn’t be about getting to number one. It should be about feeding people by raising money.

Also, it’s okay saying ‘all profit goes to charity’
But what is the profit? Is anyone getting paid? Studios? Editors? Them? Elton? The pr campaign?
For all we know 2p from each one goes to the Charity?

I’d rather just actually donate to the food bank directly than line these two pockets with brand deals and exposure.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
A couple of years ago - he tried to say Chris Moyles was laughing/making a joke about people living in poverty when he twisted chris’ words re: a joke he made about them going for their 2nd number 1. Not saying Chris can’t be an idiot at times but it was evident he’d taken the whole thing out of context and tried to make Chris a villain who was laughing about people who use food banks which was not the case at all!

His comments about this other act just show how self-serving he actually is -they want the 4th number one in a row and the promotion/money making opportunities that come off the back of that!

I would rather take some donated food myself to the food bank than buy that single!

Reactions: 20
Out of every 99p download, after money has gone to producing etc only about 20p actually goes to the food bank. It is good they are raising awareness but their profits are such a small amount. Why not encourage people to donate more, directly. It also annoys me that they feel the need to get to number 1. If it's about raising money and awareness for the Trussell Trust, surely all that matters is how much they have raised. No matter where they come in the charts? I'd rather donate a tenner directly to the Trussell Trust knowing 100 percent of my money is going directly to them. Better then paying to listen to a shi**y sausage roll song 🤣🙄.
I have been streaming kunts song, on repeat. Not that I think he will beat them unfortunately.
They wind me up so much, with the whole charity thing when clearly they are on an ego trip.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So for royalties per stream is 0.0038p and the Trussell Trust would get 20% of that. Yet they’re begging for streams to get to Christmas number one. They could ask people who follow them to donate a tenner to the charity, even if only a fraction do it they’d still be making more than streaming the song. Disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So for royalties per stream is 0.0038p and the Trussell Trust would get 20% of that.
Why 20% specifically?
They have been saying that "all proceeds" which would make most people (including myself) think the gross income, so I haven't even considered that they could be taking money off for net expenses

I have seen a few tweets mention that it's unknown how much they have actually donated to the charity too which is a bit odd as you'd think they'd flaunt it

Reactions: 10
Why 20% specifically?
They have been saying that "all proceeds" which would make most people (including myself) think the gross income, so I haven't even considered that they could be taking money off for net expenses
I took the 20% from @Escapist post that 20p of a 99p download goes to the charity. I assumed streams would be the same.

Interesting wording RE the profits/proceeds debate as I agree - that they read as two different things. Trussell Trust have specifically noted profits though

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My other half is a music producer and it was him who said, the producers and streaming services will take some profit. I just took what he said as gospel 🙈.
Although now, I realise I could be wrong. I will ask him if he can provide me any evidence when he gets home. I have tried googling but couldn't find any info, other then profits go the the chairty.( Which would be a small percentage).
If 100percent of the money spent downloading goes to the Trussell Trust I will take it back. Although I still don't like them

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
This really needs to be his last year. The entitlement has got to him and he's completely lost the fun and initial reason he started it. That latest video all he's talking about is "making history" "4th number one" like others have said if you raise loads of money that's the aim surely? Not where it charts. He's a complete ego maniac and you can see the pressure he's putting on himself. He doesn't own Xmas number one. Nice to see people are waking up in his insta comments

Download the Boris tune and give a tenner direct to Trussell Trust. Win win!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
My other half is a music producer and it was him who said, the producers and streaming services will take some profit. I just took what he said as gospel 🙈.
Although now, I realise I could be wrong. I will ask him if he can provide me any evidence when he gets home. I have tried googling but couldn't find any info, other then profits go the the chairty.( Which would be a small percentage).
If 100percent of the money spent downloading goes to the Trussell Trust I will take it back. Although I still don't like them
If it was 100% it would have been marketed as that - it’s just profits, which in theory could be 1p per song. It won’t be, I just mean could vary depending on what the item was you purchased.

Reactions: 4
I wonder why they changed their name from LadBaby with companies house? With a big fat million in the bank they could help out many desperate families this year themselves!
CAA4B5CB-B902-4104-8B81-EF86353EA886.jpeg
E34635DB-F893-41D0-829E-AB765BBA2BFE.jpeg

Reactions: 6
He is looking rather bitter hitting out now the no 1 looks threatened.

When they know damn well the money from charity single is precious little compared to cash donations. Cash donations like they ask for here:

Screenshot_20211223-105208_YouTube.jpg

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.