LadBaby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I quite like them to be fair. They’re a bit OTT but that’s standard for people in the public eye. They’re likeable characters and seem good parents. And if they’re raising money for charity then that’s great. I hope they get no1 again 🙌🏻

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I watched Rox's video, I do feel for her as I get the sense that they are genuine in caring about the charities they support, the amount they've raised for the Trussell Trust over the past few years is a huge achievement and they should be proud of that

BUT unfortunately it's inevitable when you put yourself in the public eye that you're not going to be everyone's cup of tea. No comment sections are going to be 100% positive. This is a couple who regularly pop up on people's social media feeds, news websites, and even ads for clothing websites without people even subscribing to their accounts, and are now releasing a FOURTH song about sausage rolls. Four years of Christmas sausage roll themed songs.. of course some people are going to find this a bit annoying. It doesn't necessarily make them all "bitter trolls with nothing better to do" which seems to be the default reaction from fans - people are entitled (and well within reason) to think that this is repetitive 🤷‍♀️
Exactly this. People used to get sick of the X factor dominating Christmas number one over real artists. When Simon Cowell constantly had joke acts like teletubbies and Bob the builder too. The whole sausage roll thing is boring and why is sausage rolls their brand just because they ate one once?!

what they are doing is good for the charity of course. It’s not entirely altruistic though is it when it’s great exposure for them so whilst they don’t directly profit they do in terms of new viewers, brand deals and sponsorships

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Like them or not, the pair’s Christmas number 1’s has raised £1000’s for the Trushell trust. How can that be so wrong?
You lot sat there in your pristine ivory towers, what are you doing to help out families in need? Get you these out of your arses and recognise the good that these pair do
This is why people feel bad...ohhh it's going to charity.....nope. its crap

Reactions: 7
This is why people feel bad...ohhh it's going to charity.....nope. its crap
Nobody I know that works for charities )professionally and voluntarily) live as well as them. No clothing lines being handed out etc. Whilst it’s awesome that the charity does benefit, let’s not kid ourselves they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. You wouldn’t court the publicity to this extent and gain so much personally, if it was a genuine agenda 🤷‍♀️ Not saying they shouldn’t do it or that I wouldn’t take adavantage tooX I can imagine it’s all very intoxicating to become so well known and have all these opportunities, but they’re not saints and they are dull as duck to boot . Hated it all from day 1

Reactions: 17
Just watched the video, fair play to them they have played a blinder getting Elton John and Ed Sheeran on board….it’s a catchy song, it’s for a good cause, it will be Christmas number one for sure ….that’s enuf appreciation from me 😂….as you were

Reactions: 4
If it is number I will it's fixed used to live them them but the money gone ro there heads it all money money money to them.

Reactions: 1
You throw charity into the mix and suddenly you cannot be criticised at all 😬

I think they know what they're doing with this charity stuff tbh. I hardly ever see them pop up on my social media these days, so I wonder how much new audience/general higher engagement they get with their content every Christmas

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Not going to lie, their song is more better than the original 🤷🏼‍♀️ And no this isn’t a rave their still dick

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 3
Okay. So I get it’s all for charity and the more that sells goes to charity. But why is he so bothered about it going to number one. If it sold 100,000 and got to number two instead of 100,001 and got to number one what’s the difference? Their ego boost and publicity

(Obviously I don’t know the numbers but this just shows whilst it’s a good cause it’s a vanity project)

Not going to lie, their song is more better than the original 🤷🏼‍♀️ And no this isn’t a rave their still dick
Elton John and Ed are going to make ANY song good to be honest

Reactions: 15
It's awful.. charity or not it is absolute shite. Same goes for the other ed and Elton 'song'.. utter dross.

Reactions: 14
Okay. So I get it’s all for charity and the more that sells goes to charity. But why is he so bothered about it going to number one. If it sold 100,000 and got to number two instead of 100,001 and got to number one what’s the difference? Their ego boost and publicity

(Obviously I don’t know the numbers but this just shows whilst it’s a good cause it’s a vanity project)
I very much agree with this. Surely it wouldn’t even matter if it only got to number 40 as long as it sold?! I get the more sales the higher it charts but with streaming counting towards the position (I think), surely then only the money should matter.

Reactions: 8
I very much agree with this. Surely it wouldn’t even matter if it only got to number 40 as long as it sold?! I get the more sales the higher it charts but with streaming counting towards the position (I think), surely then only the money should matter.
The whole thing is an ego and publicity thing for the ladbaby brand. Who isn’t going to want to help charity. It’s a outstanding marketing ploy really.
I can’t criticise them too much as obviously people are being helped by it so that’s great, but it’s not from the kindness of their hearts it benefits everyone. The number one plea shows to me why they do it

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s like the episode of friends where one of them ?Joey/Phoebe (can’t remember) says there’s no such thing as a selfless good deed. Of course there is - where people do things and don’t expect a bit hoorah for themselves. They’re obviously doing good but they also need all the hoorahs for themselves 👏

Reactions: 11
They appeal to working class because they give the impression they are too - sat in their large London home with £££ in the bank. Working class give a lot to charity so yes I do feel they are exploiting their fans. Why does a charity need a number 1 at Christmas? They don’t.

Three Christmas number 1s and they still aren’t satisfied.

Reactions: 10
I think they just want to break history and get 4 number ones which they have more of less admitted.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. If I had 3 Xmas number ones in the bounce abijt a sausage roll I’d try again especially if it was to raise money for charity.

Reactions: 2
I like these guys. Also they don't own houses in London. They have been in the same house in Notts for years.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.