Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
We (my 9 year old son, on the spectrum and everything is incredibly black or white with him)re sat flicking through Christmas songs on YouTube on Christmas Eve and band aid came on. He asked what it was, well he actually thought it was one massive pop group, and I explained how they were all famous people when I was little and they sang a song together to raise money for those in need. Then a few interviews came up so I let them run thinking he’d twig better. And he said “so basically it’s rich people telling poor people to give money to poorer people to look good?”
Umm
Im not disputing that a lot of awareness has come from “celebrities” promoting charities such as the trust, but it does seem like a lot of virtue signalling these days.
I immediately thought of this thread. Now im

• Heart
Reactions: 18

JellyWobbles

VIP Member
I’ve never found them amusing, I don’t like these fake set up type videos where it’s pranks or jokes that have been blatantly preplanned - maybe I’m just a grumpy old toad but it’s not my cuppa T

Gingerprincess

Chatty Member
Only just found this thread, bloody number one again, give it a rest now.
I sometimes see them on TikTok, so cringey with her ott dancing and gurning faces while he looks bemused is just painful and it’s all they do.
They are making money somehow as their new house is huge
It’s all about charity though eh?

lifeissweet

Chatty Member
I'm saying doing lots of good work for chariddy doesn't automatically make someone a good person.

Hatshepsut

They seem to be quickly losing any originality they had and their desperation is showing through in the last few vlogs.
He’ll soon be packing in his job for a full-time money grabbing YouTube “career”

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry

Lolly666

These two irk me so much but everyone I know seems to think they are great. I just do not get it! They seem like nice enough people I guess but the videos seem so staged now, they are just not convincing. And the ridiculous Yes Mate stuff is proper cringe...why do people actually buy tee-shirts with it on?! The mind boggles!

thequietone

Chatty Member
It’s the same shit over and over again. Who finds this funny??? After all this time. Her jiggling all over while gurning and him pretending to be exasperated by her. Can’t stand the pair of them…especially her.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

no-no

VIP Member
I know they have moved to Nottingham. Looks like a big house and I guess they won't do a tour as it could come across as bragging to some people. I see Mark was on the beg for tradesman and appliances the other day and knowing them they will get it as well.
Who the hell do these workshy begs think they are! I won’t buy from those places because it’s an insult as a paying customer and I doubt they get much custom from a crap insta story. It’s hardly “as seen on TV”. It’s such a short-sighted promotion tactic that really damages a lot of peoples’ trust in a company. The best PR small businesses could get is to expose any moochers.

Sorry for the rant, they represent a lot of what I can’t stand and they look like they stink of stale BO.

dianechen1717

Have heard from multiple small brands (i work for a pr firm that looks after little brands to try and get some press and exposure) that Ladbabyofficial and Ladbabymum take products from small family run businesses with the promises of posting, and they dont post and then completely ignore them keeping the products and not honouring their agreement, which is actually stealing. Really disgusting behaviour imho. Considering they think they are celebrities now, maybe the press would like to hear about this?

• Angry
  • Wow
Searched for a thread after being reminded these wankstains exist when they appeared on the new Walkers ad. I had hoped covid had at least put a stop to yet more cringey sausage roll themed Christmas shitfests.

They're not funny at all. They remind me of the annoying loud people on the council estate I used to live on, forever acting "wacky" and laughing at their oh-so-hil-AR-ious selves, whilst their mates cheered them on with "lol you so CRAZY". Impossible to have a conversation with, cos they just shout over you and laugh or start singing, but easily offended if someone didn't laugh at their antics. Ugh.

I'm not on social media really anymore, but couldn't believe they were trying to beg for £3 off people to watch them twat about. Even my least favourite youtubers haven't sunk that low yet.

Also, whilst I'm not necessarily a Chris Moyles fan, I did think it was low that the dad completely twisted what Chris Moyles said about his lameass song and started wailing about how it was "FOR CHARITYYYYYY" etc and people didn't bother to look into it. Was glad to see Chris Moyles do a pretty good job of answering people on twitter, posting a recording of what was actually said to those that were accusing him of bs. Shows how full of shit these people are.

I'm surprised there's only this thread on here, that doesn't seem to get a lot of posts on the topic of these shit-splashes.

• Heart

VIP Member
This is why people feel bad...ohhh it's going to charity.....nope. its crap
Nobody I know that works for charities )professionally and voluntarily) live as well as them. No clothing lines being handed out etc. Whilst it’s awesome that the charity does benefit, let’s not kid ourselves they are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. You wouldn’t court the publicity to this extent and gain so much personally, if it was a genuine agenda 🤷‍♀️ Not saying they shouldn’t do it or that I wouldn’t take adavantage tooX I can imagine it’s all very intoxicating to become so well known and have all these opportunities, but they’re not saints and they are dull as fuck to boot . Hated it all from day 1

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
They may not have taken a wage from the single but trust me they have made loads of money off it and will continue to do so.
Exactly this. They have completely raised their profile meaning more followers, views, ad revenue and will be able to command bigger fees for brand deals and sponsorships. They can play the dumb giddy couple but they know what they are doing

• Heart

Redfloss

VIP Member
Hate people like that. They throw the word charity in to trick people into buying it, thinking they're giving to a good cause but in reality only a small percentage goes to the charity

Anyone else think Ed Sheeran only got involved to save face in case his Christmas song with Elton John didn't go to number one

Last edited:
  • Sad

looloomoo

I agree with Red, pair of clowns. Annoying and unnecessary. Same could be said for stacey solomon and her tribe of grey loving, upcycling army of unhinged people.

RedHotMoon

These two irk me so much but everyone I know seems to think they are great. I just do not get it! They seem like nice enough people I guess but the videos seem so staged now, they are just not convincing. And the ridiculous Yes Mate stuff is proper cringe...why do people actually buy tee-shirts with it on?! The mind boggles!
Thank you! I thought I was the only one! They're both so unfunny it's painful. Every time I go on my Instagram reels page it's his horrible teeth taking up most of the camera while his ugly wife prats about behind him 🤢

• Haha

Ls6901

Chatty Member
This really needs to be his last year. The entitlement has got to him and he's completely lost the fun and initial reason he started it. That latest video all he's talking about is "making history" "4th number one" like others have said if you raise loads of money that's the aim surely? Not where it charts. He's a complete ego maniac and you can see the pressure he's putting on himself. He doesn't own Xmas number one. Nice to see people are waking up in his insta comments

Download the Boris tune and give a tenner direct to Trussell Trust. Win win!

• Heart

no-no

VIP Member
Can’t stand them or the people who don’t see that their version of charity begins (and pretty much ends) at home.

The charts are irrelevant but it would’ve been uplifting for everyone for a classic to get to #1. I hate everything being politicised, especially when you have shysters getting rich off the charity gimmick.

• Heart