Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ELLA86

I doubt privately diagnosis in 1/2 sessions regardless how much faster it is. It’s insulting to anyone going any route for a diagnosis to be claiming you’re something immediately after a first app. So if anything, get onto kneevo to clarify the misconceptions she’s giving out.
In the first session I attended with my niece, which is usually with a regular doctor (this can vary though, but that's how it was in my exp), you bring along your forms (filled in by someone who was around you growing up) and they can give you general indicator on whether you meet the criteria. If you do, you're referred on to the psychiatrist for the second and third session. In the second session they did tell my niece that she was autistic and the third session was more about explaining what level she was at and developing a plan of care for her. The sessions were all about 2 months apart.

Not trying to piss anyone off and you can ignore the rest of my commentary about Niamh. But that is how private assessments work. It's faster because it's private, but it's very thorough.