KITTENS! Help plz....

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gooood evening! We have our kittens! 🥰
I am so, so happy. My children are in awe.

Belle & Binx join the family, but i need to ask for some advice. They came out of there carrier in a calm, welcoming room. They’ve both used the litter trays, they have eaten some wet food & biscuits! Have a fun play around with the toys & have now hidden under the sofa. I cannot for the life of me see them 😂 but they’re there. And they’ve not coming out.

Could this be there new bed? 😂 or just get used to there surrounding. We had a fantastic hour with them & they both went & my little boy is sad he didn’t say goodnight to them. 😞 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
They just need time to adjust to all the big changes. Kittens are curious, but all cats can be apprehensive with big changes.

You are lucky they didn’t hide straight away, as a lot of kittens do. Our kitten was also quite confident, he walked straight out of the carrier, explored, ate, used the litter tray etc, but when he got tired in the evening, he took himself under the stairs to sleep, as it was enclosed, it made him feel safe and secure.

it probably took him around a week to start sleeping on our bed with us and around two weeks to get on our laps in the evening and chill with us. Some kittens take quite a lot longer.

just give them the space when they want it and never try to force interaction. I’ve always tried to let my cat come to me, rather than me smothering him and I’ve always tried to read his body cues to know when he doesn’t want stroking.

good luck, they don’t stay little for long. I miss ours being little.

:)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They just need time to adjust to all the big changes. Kittens are curious, but all cats can be apprehensive with big changes.

You are lucky they didn’t hide straight away, as a lot of kittens do. Our kitten was also quite confident, he walked straight out of the carrier, explored, ate, used the litter tray etc, but when he got tired in the evening, he took himself under the stairs to sleep, as it was enclosed, it made him feel safe and secure.

it probably took him around a week to start sleeping on our bed with us and around two weeks to get on our laps in the evening and chill with us. Some kittens take quite a lot longer.

just give them the space when they want it and never try to force interaction. I’ve always tried to let my cat come to me, rather than me smothering him and I’ve always tried to read his body cues to know when he doesn’t want stroking.

good luck, they don’t stay little for long. I miss ours being little.

:)
Thank you so much. I thought that was the case 🙂 xx

Thank you so much. I thought that was the case 🙂 xx
Yeah, they’re only babies and they’ve left everything they’ve known, it’s natural for them to feel a bit insecure, especially as they get tired. Once they trust you completely, they go to sleep with you as they’ll know you are their safe space.
Our cat (he’s one in April) is never far away from us now and it’s so rewarding to see how much he trusts us. The best thing I have ever done was to get a cat! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah, they’re only babies and they’ve left everything they’ve known, it’s natural for them to feel a bit insecure, especially as they get tired. Once they trust you completely, they go to sleep with you as they’ll know you are their safe space.
Our cat (he’s one in April) is never far away from us now and it’s so rewarding to see how much he trusts us. The best thing I have ever done was to get a cat! 🥰
Aww this is so reassuring thank you xx

Aww they will be out in no time! Both our kittens hid under the coffee table for a few hours when we bought them home, after a rest they soon came out for food and a play! They are just taking it all in 😻 sussing you and the place out!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Aww they will be out in no time! Both our kittens hid under the coffee table for a few hours when we bought them home, after a rest they soon came out for food and a play! They are just taking it all in 😻 sussing you and the place out!
awww thanks! Xxx

Totally normal. I would suggest tomorrow, go and sit in the room but don’t hunt them out. Just sit quietly, maybe put some classical music on as it calms them. Let them come to you. They will adjust quickly though don’t worry!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Totally normal. I would suggest tomorrow, go and sit in the room but don’t hunt them out. Just sit quietly, maybe put some classical music on as it calms them. Let them come to you. They will adjust quickly though don’t worry!
Thank you 😄 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Awwwww I’m so jealous.
I lost my 19 year old cat in November last year and I’m just feeling maybe I’m ready to get another cat (or maybe two!)

Sorry if this sounds silly but I’ve no idea how to find kittens??

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This sounds like really normal cat stuff. They tend to sit where they want to you'll soon learn haha.

Also just letting you know - there is a thread for sharing cat pics so you shouls definitely post some on there!!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Awwwww I’m so jealous.
I lost my 19 year old cat in November last year and I’m just feeling maybe I’m ready to get another cat (or maybe two!)

Do you have any cat rescues near you? We are reaching the time of year where there are hundreds of kittens, the shelter I volunteer at currently has many many pregnant cats whose babies will need homes soon :)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Awwwww I’m so jealous.

Maybe contact your old vets practice? A couple of the nurses at my one take rescue kittens and when my old cat had to be put to sleep they contacted me about taking a kitten (or two). They may be able to help.

• Heart
Awwwww I’m so jealous.

awww our local cat rescue in the neighbouring village 🙂 xx

• Heart
Oh look at them 😍 Have you got a smart TVs? If so check out videos for cats on YouTube. We have 3 cats and even though we’ve had them for years they can still get a little scared if the children get too loud, if we pop that on they usually get distracted by it.

Oh look at them 😍 Have you got a smart TVs? If so check out videos for cats on YouTube. We have 3 cats and even though we’ve had them for years they can still get a little scared if the children get too loud, if we pop that on they usually get distracted by it.
yes we do that’s a fab idea.