Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shellie

VIP Member
There's no incentive to make music anymore. She used hit producers for the last album and it flopped. The world has moved on and the general public don't really care about any more music from KP.

She's making millions a week. Why put herself through an album campaign and see it flop hard again?

I think the bottle can't be clear as her water has lots of sediment in it. But there's no need for it to look that ugly.
No idea if it's true but I saw a story saying part of the reason she sold her back catalogue is because she wanted to rid herself of everything old and start again and has also cut ties with her old manager. She basically threw him under the bus by saying from now on, everything to do with her music will be on her terms...the problem with this is, for both her last albums, she claimed to be the one who made all the decisions and we know how much they both flopped.

Reactions: 2

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I said above that this song is Katy Perry getting back to her Teenage Dream best, well I say that, I’m not entirely sure it is, it’s more likely to be getting as close to that as possible. Because Teenage Dream was such an incredible album, of pop banger after pop banger, the whole aesthetic of that album was amazing, so many incredible chart topping hits, it’s like that album is the heights she will never reach again because that album was so amazing and so perfect, how could she repeat that once in a career incredible album.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
I need to listen to it but I’m glad there’s a thread for her now. I’m a fan. I even watched her “movie” and she came across as a lovely person (I know, it was her movie so she’s not going to come across as a monster, but still!)
Russell Brand treated her like utter crap when she was a younger, more impressionable person and I definitely related to that!
I’m very weirded out by all the creepy comments she gets from dudes about her hair length on social: I can’t imagine what it’s like to be that kind of sex symbol and have people comment on your every choice like that.
I’m kinda sad to see the longer hair return because of that!

Trampoline

Chatty Member
Is it the tik tok your referring to? Looks pretty normal to me shes gained weight in her face aswell (not being rude it happens) definitely think its genuine 🤗

laughing

VIP Member
Not sure. She gets out of a car and is dancing beside it.

The bump just looks strange, plastic almost

Reactions: 1

Lolly505

VIP Member
What’s her new song “I’m the only person to be pregnant, ever!!” Sorry take all the photos you want but don’t make it into a promo opportunity!
(I’m also embittered on the ‘tempting fate’ side of things but that’s my own thing)
I mean, she can't exactly hide it either though since she'll be accused of not appreciating her bump enough - cannae win 😂 That said, I don't think she's been that bad compared to how some folk can be when they have their first. I remember that Colleen Ballinger (the woman behind Miranda Sings) being a non-stop nightmare while pregnant and I don't even follow her 😂

Yel

Chatty Member
Looks so cheap and nasty, with a extortionate price tag. I know she is making big bucks in American Idol and all the brands she's clearly invested in. And has just sold her rights to her music catalogue, so I think she kinda given up any credibility and is just shilling and trying to milk things now. Don't feel like she is gonna make music again.
There's no incentive to make music anymore. She used hit producers for the last album and it flopped. The world has moved on and the general public don't really care about any more music from KP.

She's making millions a week. Why put herself through an album campaign and see it flop hard again?

I think the bottle can't be clear as her water has lots of sediment in it. But there's no need for it to look that ugly.

Sniffany

Isn’t there a ‘real’ reason why they divorced which isn’t public knowledge? Anyone have any idea what it is?

inyo

VIP Member
I agree that American Idol is her best chance for money right now but she's coming across pretty badly:

And this where she made it all about herself:

---
Never Really Over is the best song she’s released in 10 years. I’ve always been a fan, but do sadly think she’s past her ‘prime’. American Idol is a good little earner for her though. Must admit I haven’t watched any of it, so can’t comment on whether she’s a good judge!
I can’t believe it’s still going 😬
Never Really Over, Tucked and Harleys in Hawaii are great but everything else on her last album was pretty bad

Trampoline

Chatty Member
omg has anyone seen the weird room tour type video, where shes making all these weird noises? Creepy af.

Yel

Chatty Member
As the sober person maybe he shouldn’t have married her if she was a party girl? I admit my own bias against Russell Brand as he was very rude about her in interviews after the divorce, which I found utterly classless.
Oh totally, I can't imagine either of them would be easy to be married to. But I'd much rather marry Katy.

I think this might be her best song yet. Watched the video properly and love how she didn't bother to do any of the choreography and just flaps her dress instead :D

I was rooting for witness and "purposeful pop" then bon appetit came out. The Obama joke, cringly salsa dancing, Hillary support and short hair all compounded to the witness mess. I only listened to it once on release day. I don't think she's ever had a great album, teenage dream had some great songs but the complete album wasn't all that.

Yel

Chatty Member
Wow, she's back with a great summer song - the chorus is perfection. Taytay might have added it to her "ME!" playlist, but I bet shes seething how much she missed the mark and Katy nailed it.

This is the sampled song