Katie Snooks #11 "Fashion" influencer, clown core. Home inspo is a WW2 bomb shelter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m all for good deeds, but as if they’re going to make a difference with that little tub of salt!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The word 'spenny' makes my organs twist and contort within my body with the cringe. Just say it's expensive. It's a word, and we all know what it means.
She wasn't kidding..... what a wanky menu. It's always a giveaway that somewhere is expensive when they don't have £ signs on the menu.

Screenshot_20221219_105009_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

• Wow
She wasn't kidding..... what a wanky menu. It's always a giveaway that somewhere is expensive when they don't have £ signs on the menu.

View attachment 1817987
Urgh.

Why do some restaurants not explain their menu either? I understand the minimalist approach, but I need description - otherwise I just cannot figure out what I'm potentially going to be eating. I love to cook and I understand food, but something that just says 'this and this'....no.

Reactions: 13
I cannot stand either of them. Both a pair of jumped up hipster wannabe twats.
kathy needs to take a good long look at herself and realise how pathetic she is
And Gee needs to come out of his closet

• Heart

View attachment 1817987
These types of menus make me crease, the only appealing sounding thing is the fries and when there is no £££ signs it’s so pretentious.

‘12 medieval peasants in exchange for this bowl of carrots, peanuts and chervil squire.’

• Haha
I don't understand this. What sort of Walthamstow riddle is this?
Screenshot_20221220-110700.png

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I’ve unfollowed her. I can’t abide such levels of bleeping stupidity and incompetence.
I need to. I usually skip past her stories but then I come on this thread and it makes me chuckle. Katie used to be one of my fave YouTubers and I just cannot stand her now.

Also, what an absolute travesty that not every single section of pavement in wanky Walthamstow was salted. Great job with the teeny tiny tubs they went round with that only sorted 1 sq m 😭 they should have taken shovels if they wanted to actually de ice
9A7B2426-B7B3-45C7-9027-66E206FD7CF5.png

I need to. I usually skip past her stories but then I come on this thread and it makes me chuckle. Katie used to be one of my fave YouTubers and I just cannot stand her now.

Also, what an absolute travesty that not every single section of pavement in wanky Walthamstow was salted. Great job with the teeny tiny tubs they went round with that only sorted 1 sq m 😭 they should have taken shovels if they wanted to actually de ice View attachment 1820449
The fact that she has to post about it too, so bleeping pretentious.

Reactions: 14
These types of menus make me crease, the only appealing sounding thing is the fries and when there is no £££ signs it’s so pretentious.

‘12 medieval peasants in exchange for this bowl of carrots, peanuts and chervil squire.’
Did G order the £80 beef slab?

Reactions: 5

Also, what an absolute travesty that not every single section of pavement in wanky Walthamstow was salted. Great job with the teeny tiny tubs they went round with that only sorted 1 sq m 😭 they should have taken shovels if they wanted to actually de ice View attachment 1820449
How about using actual road salt from the garage? Muppet

Reactions: 6
The salt photo op is really kind of an all time low. Clearly for the picture only, and even then they're too up their own arses to see how transparent and ridiculous it all is. If you really wanted to bleeping bust up some ice, you would go bleeping bust up some ice. But as noted, no shovel in tow. Just some "LOOK AT US AREN'T WE DARLING" gramming. I don't know who grosses me out more. Probably Gerfff given how much he enjoys being with and catering to a woman that acts like a child, and all the possible implications of it. He actively encourages it.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
I grew up poor, I was up until late 20s really and now I'm able to I am often doing charitable things. I always joke to my partner that it doesn't count because I didn't film it 🙃 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Dudes, I have Covid. Might have to cancel or cut short my only holiday this year. So with this in mind, please enjoy this extremely bitter review of Kathleen's Budapest travel guide. Also, Hungarian equivalent of Katie is Katalin, so I might call our tiny travel expert Katalin or Kati today. There is a wonderful Hungarian name which is equivalent to Greg - Gergely - and I really fancy using it for G today too.

First of all, Kati, please decide on the voice for anything you write. Alternating between "I" and "we" makes for messy reading. It also feels like she obviously reads here and I am not the only person who comments on how Kati and Gergely always do everything together and always like the same thing. I imagine she is trying to steer away from overusing "we/us" but it just makes the post inconsistent. Not that her writing is great normally anyway.
1671622004883.png

Multiple bars to order from ... in a bar? Isn't that just fantastic? The incorrect apostrophe in "at weekends" really bothers me. Also, not a native speaker, but shouldn't she say "hunkered it down with beer"?
It would be nice to describe what Palinka is, such as what it's made of or what it taste like, just to give readers an idea whether they might want to try it or not. She really wants to be the female Jay Rayner - but Jay would take the time to explain a new dish or drink.
Pálinka is a traditional fruit spirit (or fruit brandy) with origins in Carpathian Mountains basin, more exactly known under several names, and invented in the Middle Ages. Protected as a geographical indication of the European Union, only fruit spirits mashed, distilled, matured and bottled in Hungary, and similar apricot spirits from four provinces of Austria can be called "pálinka", while "Tótpálinka" refers to wheat-derived beverages. Törkölypálinka, a different product in the legal sense, is a similarly protected pomace spirit that is commonly included with pálinka. While pálinka may be made of any locally grown fruit, the most common ones are plums, apricots, apples, pears, and cherries
1671623507612.png

Burn these pants Katalin, they fit really poor.
1671623602824.png

We have been over the baths "fails" but anyone with a common sense would realise that external baths can be dirty? I do feel like she could have used a different word. I haven't been to these baths but I imagine they're not as dirty as the outside of a club in Soho on a Friday night. And don't people take flipflops to most public pools etc? I despair.
"Human soup" says the person who rubs her eyes and face after petting her cat.
1671624044000.png

I hate it when she uses + instead of the word "and".
1671624292795.png

Would you care to share which two markets you recommend, our dearest Katalin? Or are there only two, in which case she should probably say, "there are two and I recommend them both". Also, if I were a street food vendor/chef, I would bleeping detest people taking pictures of me at work. I suppose some don't mind as it is promotion but still - I doubt she asks for permission).
1671624396663.png

Similarly, why not wait a few moments or go somewhere else and not have random ladies in the background of your picture? You'd think that someone who has a degree in photography would try to take more aesthetically pleasing pictures. The outfit is so blah too. I get wanting to wear something simple and cosy on a holiday in a coldish country but the mish-mash of casual and smart is jarring.
1671625340635.png

Oh, so that's the rest of her outfit. I thought she didn't walk around in just a jumper.
BTW I hate these Converse more every time I see them, if it's at all possible?
1671625455233.png

The cakes actually sound very nice but the multiple pluses instead of a coma or the word "and" are really doing my head in.
1671625571330.png

LOL at spelling Spanish and Italian with capital letters, but not European?
1671627519926.png

Gergely and his schnitty?
1671627558236.png

There must be some VEGETARIAN Hungarian dishes too right? You'd never guess from Katie's post.
1671627708713.png

Anyway, this is not as mean as I thought it would be. Her post is just so... average? It didn't put me off going to Budapest but it didn't entice me either? It's just her showing off what they did and ate but no practical advice. Maybe besides the validating bus/tram tickets thing but it is a thing in many European cities so it's not like Budapest invented it to catch out the tourists 😂
1671628217062.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.