Katie Price

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully Pete and other adults around them will make it very clear to them what the exact truth it.
Who knows how helpful that will be. Divorced parents should avoid falling into the “your mother did this” “your father thinks that” - it’s crappy to drag your kids into your fighting. Something tells me these two haven’t been above that, and being divorced probably feels like their entire life to the kids. Who knows what impact it will have to them to explain she sells stories and courts a lot of media? Just more he said she said....I realise that’s all total speculation. But it’s not hard to believe they don’t speak well of each other to their children.
I wouldn’t be surprised to learn they hugely resent her for her embarrassing behaviour and emotional neglect of them. Think how embrassing the average teenager finds their very ordinary and conventional parents?!
I don’t think it’s hugely important they know she sells some of the stories in the press. More that she’s has a destructive and unhealthy relationship to publicity, is addicted to the attention but also relies on it. That this should be seen in a similar way to her problems with alcohol or drugs. Not an excuse for her behaviour but she is their mother and deserves empathy.

Reactions: 4
Who knows how helpful that will be. Divorced parents should avoid falling into the “your mother did this” “your father thinks that” - it’s crappy to drag your kids into your fighting. Something tells me these two haven’t been above that, and being divorced probably feels like their entire life to the kids. Who knows what impact it will have to them to explain she sells stories and courts a lot of media? Just more he said she said....I realise that’s all total speculation. But it’s not hard to believe they don’t speak well of each other to their children.
I wouldn’t be surprised to learn they hugely resent her for her embarrassing behaviour and emotional neglect of them. Think how embrassing the average teenager finds their very ordinary and conventional parents?!
I don’t think it’s hugely important they know she sells some of the stories in the press. More that she’s has a destructive and unhealthy relationship to publicity, is addicted to the attention but also relies on it. That this should be seen in a similar way to her problems with alcohol or drugs. Not an excuse for her behaviour but she is their mother and deserves empathy.
I don't mean your mum did this or does that. But more in a way of like you said, to give her empathy but also to know the way she behaves isn't okay.
I come from a very dysfunction family and ended up in foster care (one parent an addict/drug dealer another with severe mental illness). The adults around me never ever criticised my parents but taught me that their behaviour was their problem, I wasn't responsible for them and this is why they have these problems and that some people have these demons to tackle. I sometimes find it hard to verbalise what I mean because I have specific learning disabilities and autism. It is never okay to do the he said she said to child. I hope Peter isn't like that but I can definitely see Katie being like it unfortunately.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't mean your mum did this or does that. But more in a way of like you said, to give her empathy but also to know the way she behaves isn't okay.
I come from a very dysfunction family and ended up in foster care (one parent an addict/drug dealer another with severe mental illness). The adults around me never ever criticised my parents but taught me that their behaviour was their problem, I wasn't responsible for them and this is why they have these problems and that some people have these demons to tackle. I sometimes find it hard to verbalise what I mean because I have specific learning disabilities and autism. It is never okay to do the he said she said to child. I hope Peter isn't like that but I can definitely see Katie being like it unfortunately.
Hey you shouldn’t worry about your ability to get your point across... judging by the last two posts at least I wouldn’t have had the slightest idea you had any disability that effected your communication. Honestly.

And I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such l a tough hand in life if that’s not too flippant a way to put it... but it sounds like you probably have more first hand insight than most to speak on this situation. It’s great you had responsible foster care to try to understand your parents problems and why they couldn’t care for you...you don’t sound angry or resentful about it which is truly commendable of your character... anyway it sounds like we basically agree that the best scenario is long term empathy not short term points scoring..... I agree it’s hard to imagine she speaks well of Pete to his own kids.

I do wonder how well Katie is able to care for these children. Does she just see j&p at every other weekend or something? I know about Harvey of course (what a sad, troubling story that all is) but she has one other kid with that kieran guy right? What’s the deal there?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hey you shouldn’t worry about your ability to get your point across... judging by the last two posts at least I wouldn’t have had the slightest idea you had any disability that effected your communication. Honestly.

And I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such l a tough hand in life if that’s not too flippant a way to put it... but it sounds like you probably have more first hand insight than most to speak on this situation. It’s great you had responsible foster care to try to understand your parents problems and why they couldn’t care for you...you don’t sound angry or resentful about it which is truly commendable of your character... anyway it sounds like we basically agree that the best scenario is long term empathy not short term points scoring..... I agree it’s hard to imagine she speaks well of Pete to his own kids.

I do wonder how well Katie is able to care for these children. Does she just see j&p at every other weekend or something? I know about Harvey of course (what a sad, troubling story that all is) but she has one other kid with that kieran guy right? What’s the deal there?
Thank you, not flippant at all and I love both of my parents very much. I understand that while their behaviour was unacceptable it was caused by their illnesses. They are now much better and amazing grandparents! I definitely have more insight than most as I also care for a child which isn't my biological child and getting the balance between handling biological parents behaviours but keeping a healthy relationship between them is so difficult. Which is why I said upper threaded I hope everyone involved is getting professional help as it's truly invaluable and situation like these are completely different and doesn't come with any sort of instruction manual.
So Peter has J+P permeantly and Katie has contact but from what the public sees it's very limited and sporadic.
Then Harvey is in some form of residential care, I thought he became a weekly boarder and went home at the weekend. (hopefully that'll change after the Newcastle business!)
Kieran has B+J her two youngest and again Katie seems to have sporadic contact.
One thing we'll never know is the arrangements of the children especially if it's gone through court because family courts are closed.
Another thing I hope is that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is I hope Kieran and Peter are amicable and the siblings are still able to see each other and maintain a healthy sibling relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if J+P did a lot of the care for the younger ones when there was no nanny or anyone apart from Katie.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

She has two kids with Kieran ..

I really hope he isn't in supported accommodation, his needs are too high for supported accommodation. Nearly every adult with Prader-Willi syndrome cannot live at all independently because they will eat themselves to death!
I’ve heard rumours that Harvey has never been diagnosed with Prader-Willi. Katie just says that he has it to excuse his morbid obesity.

There were a couple of documentaries about PW about 15 years ago, so lots of us have heard of it and associate it with uncontrollable overeating, but by all accounts babies with PW are diagnosed due to low muscle tone and feeding problems as infants. The issues with overeating kick in when a child is older. Personally, I think it’s totally plausible that Katie made it up.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve heard rumours that Harvey has never been diagnosed with Prader-Willi. Katie just says that he has it to excuse his morbid obesity.

There were a couple of documentaries about PW about 15 years ago, so lots of us have heard of it and associate it with uncontrollable overeating, but by all accounts babies with PW are diagnosed due to low muscle tone and feeding problems as infants. The issues with overeating kick in when a child is older. Personally, I think it’s totally plausible that Katie made it up.
I have seen a program where Katie took him to his consultant about it but this was many years ago when he was still a toddler..

I can’t exactly remember when she announced that he had PW, but I think he was relatively old - definitely not a baby or a toddler.

One suspicious thing is people will Prader-Willi are of short stature. Harvey is tall. They are also sterile, and yet Katie says in this interview he shouldn’t have children, despite being able to.

I really don’t think he has PW. Lots of people with LDs and autism have weight struggles and it’s nothing do with Prader-Willi.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Thank you, not flippant at all and I love both of my parents very much. I understand that while their behaviour was unacceptable it was caused by their illnesses. They are now much better and amazing grandparents! I definitely have more insight than most as I also care for a child which isn't my biological child and getting the balance between handling biological parents behaviours but keeping a healthy relationship between them is so difficult. Which is why I said upper threaded I hope everyone involved is getting professional help as it's truly invaluable and situation like these are completely different and doesn't come with any sort of instruction manual.
So Peter has J+P permeantly and Katie has contact but from what the public sees it's very limited and sporadic.
Then Harvey is in some form of residential care, I thought he became a weekly boarder and went home at the weekend. (hopefully that'll change after the Newcastle business!)
Kieran has B+J her two youngest and again Katie seems to have sporadic contact.
One thing we'll never know is the arrangements of the children especially if it's gone through court because family courts are closed.
Another thing I hope is that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is I hope Kieran and Peter are amicable and the siblings are still able to see each other and maintain a healthy sibling relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if J+P did a lot of the care for the younger ones when there was no nanny or anyone apart from Katie.
You've dealt with life's challenges well and your communication ability seems excellent to me. If only Katie had your insight and ability to accept and deal with the cards we get dealt in life.
Re Peter and Kieran. Apparently Peter invited Kieran and the kids to his home at least once for a barbecue and play day with their siblings and when Katie found out she threw a paranoid wobbler. She posted tweets about her exes "ganging up on her" and kicked up hell with Kieran on her show over it and used the excuse of H feeling left out. FFS H wouldn't even be aware the others were meeting up and Katie has forbidden contact between H and Peter so it's so hypocritical. Not sure if the get togethers still happen. Probably not, to keep the peace with mad mummy.:rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You've dealt with life's challenges well and your communication ability seems excellent to me. If only Katie had your insight and ability to accept and deal with the cards we get dealt in life.
Re Peter and Kieran. Apparently Peter invited Kieran and the kids to his home at least once for a barbecue and play day with their siblings and when Katie found out she threw a paranoid wobbler. She posted tweets about her exes "ganging up on her" and kicked up hell with Kieran on her show over it and used the excuse of H feeling left out. FFS H wouldn't even be aware the others were meeting up and Katie has forbidden contact between H and Peter so it's so hypocritical. Not sure if the get togethers still happen. Probably not, to keep the peace with mad mummy.:rolleyes:
Insight only comes with therapy/help. Which is why I have a soft spot for her. I was a repeat young offender and I am an addict (you never stop being one). I was lucky that intervention happened before I was an adult so I didn't spiral. This is why I believe there is always hope for people. No matter how far gone someone is they can always turn it around. But something has to trigger that and for many and suspect Katie that that trigger will never come. Most addicts say losing my kids was a turning point or going to prison. For Katie she has lost her kids, she's in and out of criminal court/getting arrested, she's lost her home and a large amount of money. I honestly don't know what at this point will be her rock bottom.
That's such a shame, hopefully Pete and Kieran have a low key arrangement between them.
Yes about H! It actually made me feel sick when all of that happened because Peter was amazing with him and loved him (from what we saw).

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Insight only comes with therapy/help. Which is why I have a soft spot for her. I was a repeat young offender and I am an addict (you never stop being one). I was lucky that intervention happened before I was an adult so I didn't spiral. This is why I believe there is always hope for people. No matter how far gone someone is they can always turn it around. But something has to trigger that and for many and suspect Katie that that trigger will never come. Most addicts say losing my kids was a turning point or going to prison. For Katie she has lost her kids, she's in and out of criminal court/getting arrested, she's lost her home and a large amount of money. I honestly don't know what at this point will be her rock bottom.
That's such a shame, hopefully Pete and Kieran have a low key arrangement between them.
Yes about H! It actually made me feel sick when all of that happened because Peter was amazing with him and loved him (from what we saw).
It was shocking how Katie excised Peter so completely out of H's life. He wasn't even with another woman back then, so it wasn't even jealousy, it was simply vindictiveness. She refused to accept the special nurses he'd lined up for overnight visits and wanted to choose her own. Anyone Katie would choose would be chosen based on how big a fan she/he was of Katies, not a doubt in my mind on that, someone to report what Andre was up to back to Katie. Someone neutral was never going to suit Katie's agenda. In the end they were just running round in circles and getting nowhere so he just gave up trying. She was H's full custodian back then so it was always a losing battle. Her attitude was very similar to Steph Davis and other bitter exes ... if you don't want me then you don't get access to the kid/s. She wasted millions trying to keep his biological two from him and I guess Harvey was collateral damage in the war. He seems to know the value of keeping family close, I suppose that's why he reached out to Kieran and his two.

• Heart
I can’t exactly remember when she announced that he had PW, but I think he was relatively old - definitely not a baby or a toddler.

One suspicious thing is people will Prader-Willi are of short stature. Harvey is tall. They are also sterile, and yet Katie says in this interview he shouldn’t have children, despite being able to.

I really don’t think he has PW. Lots of people with LDs and autism have weight struggles and it’s nothing do with Prader-Willi.
He's never been a healthy weight unfortunately. I will say I made a mistake, I have just rewatched the documentary. He was 9 and Prader-Willi syndrome wasn't mentioned. It was some sort of diabetes which means he constantly thirsty. Her mum talked about it of how he was always wanting feeds like he had never been fed. I think that's why I must have gotten confused. Sorry, it was 8ish years since I watched it!
So just done some googling as well. He literally has none of the features (?) which babies/toddlers with it would. But I'm not sure if that's because of his ethnicity?
It was shocking how Katie excised Peter so completely out of H's life. He wasn't even with another woman back then, so it wasn't even jealousy, it was simply vindictiveness. She refused to accept the special nurses he'd lined up for overnight visits and wanted to choose her own. Anyone Katie would choose would be chosen based on how big a fan she/he was of Katies, not a doubt in my mind on that, someone to report what Andre was up to back to Katie. Someone neutral was never going to suit Katie's agenda. In the end they were just running round in circles and getting nowhere so he just gave up trying. She was H's full custodian back then so it was always a losing battle. Her attitude was very similar to Steph Davis and other bitter exes ... if you don't want me then you don't get access to the kid/s. She wasted millions trying to keep his biological two from him and I guess Harvey was collateral damage in the war. He seems to know the value of keeping family close, I suppose that's why he reached out to Kieran and his two.
I am still shocked by it and I can't even begin to feel how Peter must have felt. I know there was talk about him adopting him when they was married! Such a shame he didn't!
Don't even get me started on Steph, I'm too afraid to look at her threat on here because even her name angers me 😳😳 does she have her son still?

• Heart
Don't even get me started on Steph, I'm too afraid to look at her threat on here because even her name angers me 😳😳 does she have her son still?
In a manner of speaking. As in her parents and her aunt are raising him. Again, they hate Jeremy for leading their lil princess astray so have made visitation a nightmare for him.
I wouldn't worry if I was Jez, by the time he's 8 his son will be seeking him out to get away from the nutters rearing him.

In a manner of speaking. As in her parents and her aunt are raising him. Again, they hate Jeremy for leading their lil princess astray so have made visitation a nightmare for him.
I wouldn't worry if I was Jez, by the time he's 8 his son will be seeking him out to get away from the nutters rearing him.
Urgh. She's another that people say are a brilliant mum and I'm like I'm the second coming of Jesus. What I cannot understand is why does the industry enable all of this behaviour!? Steph, Katie, Kerry katona, Danielle Westbrook. There is so many and it just blows my mind. When will it stop? And also when will the public have enough of it?

I have seen people leaving comments on Peters planted stories about Katie. Saying “where is she”. I am going to do it too lol!

Does anyone know what went on with her and Gary Cockerill? He really seemed like a genuine friend

Reactions: 5
I have always wondered if Harvey was born with FASD,i can remember she was going out partying a lot when she was pregnant.Obviously she would never admit that.

Reactions: 7
I have always wondered if Harvey was born with FASD,i can remember she was going out partying a lot when she was pregnant.Obviously she would never admit that.
Again he doesn't have the distinct features that a person with FASD would have bit that could be down to his ethnicity, for example thin upper lip. Obviously to me (a white British women) it looks normal but I do know that but is it as big as it should be? Also as someone said upper thread that Harvey is a very tall, FASD effects the growth rates.

Reactions: 2
Using your children as pawns to hurt your ex (or anyone) is so bleeping despicable. Poor poor Harvey. All children deserve parents who will put them first, disabled children need that. i know there isn’t much objective evidence but you only need to look at photos of heavily pregnant Katie coming out of clubs (I know years later she claimed she was sober all those occasions but no one believes that ) and at Harvey’s multiple disabilities and the difficulties that have plagued him his whole life (mental and physical) to struggle to believe there is no connection. Its actually deeply unsettling seeing a mother in hedonistic party mode with a stomach that looks at least 6 months gone... like it’s a blight to nature if I can describe it that way, something not right about it. And it’s so sad. Whether or not it impacted his disabilities, by behaving like that, you can’t argue that she was putting herself over Harvey before he was even born.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.