Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really disappointed with Katie’s very public “welcome back “ message to Mrs Meldrum. Thought she was stronger than that.

Katie refers heavily to her pride in her daughter playing a heavily male dominated sport and breaking down the barriers of females in football, she can have a voice on prejudice when she wants to.

None of these “ influencers” can have failed to notice the absence of Mrs Meldrum or the reasons why. Yet none of them have had the backbone to voice an opinion on the matter in hand - the apparent acceptability of a racist comment on a public platform.
What makes the situation worse is that Rebeca Meldrum has not apologised and shows no understanding of why she offended people.

When it comes down to it, these female influencers genuinely care more about being
“ in the gang “ than actually making a difference to the world. It’s a false and shallow way to exist and not representative in any way of strong female role models or even true female support.

To me, these are not influential people in anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Agree with the above post. No integrity when push comes to shove. Would rather be popular than stand up for what's right. Not so nice after all. I've unsubscribed.

Reactions: 9
Really disappointed with Katie’s very public “welcome back “ message to Mrs Meldrum. Thought she was stronger than that.

Katie refers heavily to her pride in her daughter playing a heavily male dominated sport and breaking down the barriers of females in football, she can have a voice on prejudice when she wants to.

None of these “ influencers” can have failed to notice the absence of Mrs Meldrum or the reasons why. Yet none of them have had the backbone to voice an opinion on the matter in hand - the apparent acceptability of a racist comment on a public platform.
What makes the situation worse is that Rebeca Meldrum has not apologised and shows no understanding of why she offended people.

When it comes down to it, these female influencers genuinely care more about being
“ in the gang “ than actually making a difference to the world. It’s a false and shallow way to exist and not representative in any way of strong female role models or even true female support.

To me, these are not influential people in anyway.
What IS the Meldrum issue? I'd never hear of her before I joined tattle, but shes got that many threads on here, wouldn't know where to start wading through them!

Reactions: 1
What IS the Meldrum issue? I'd never hear of her before I joined tattle, but shes got that many threads on here, wouldn't know where to start wading through them!
Too much to go into but essentially she’s a money grabbing, narcissistic little toad who deliberately flouts the rules, plays the victim constantly, turns on the emotional blackmail/mental health card to suit her own agenda. Causes tit storm after tit storm all of her own making but places blame everywhere else. Used a trip to get a breast lump checked as an excuse to do an advert for Next. Lied repeatedly about a gifted holiday to Disney. Lies about EVERYTHING. Misleading followers daily. Racist content in her videos and a massive tit storm that followed. Husband is a tosser, he thinks his tit don’t stink.

You’d have to skim the threads to go more in depth. 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Too much to go into but essentially she’s a money grabbing, narcissistic little toad who deliberately flouts the rules, plays the victim constantly, turns on the emotional blackmail/mental health card to suit her own agenda. Causes tit storm after tit storm all of her own making but places blame everywhere else. Used a trip to get a breast lump checked as an excuse to do an advert for Next. Lied repeatedly about a gifted holiday to Disney. Lies about EVERYTHING. Misleading followers daily. Racist content in her videos and a massive tit storm that followed. Husband is a tosser, he thinks his tit don’t stink.

You’d have to skim the threads to go more in depth. 🤪
Thanks!! Quite glad shes not someone I've followed!

So many of us have unfollowed. Do you think she's realised why? She's not a stupid woman by any means, I hope she realises how this support of Reb looks to others!

Reactions: 3
There all the same. She is mates with brummie and Louise pentland. When I say mates I mean work together to get increase of followers. There not your friend your just a way to get to the top.

If you are unfollowing any of them please send them a message/leave them a comment to explain why! They need to understand how much bad feeling there is regarding the Meldrums conduct!!!

Reactions: 4
I really like Katie. I feel disappointed.
Has anyone messaged her to explain and got a response?

Reactions: 5
Same, I'm disappointed in her too.
I haven't unfollowed, but depending on how she responds to people who tell her why they've unfollowed I might well do too.

SO disappointed. I thought she was better than this. Fully agree with ‘TheGreatestShowman’ above, except that it seems to me that that influencers are influential people, to the 1000s of consumers who follow them. Katie, I hoped, could have been a positive influence here. Really disappointed with her actions which are condoning Mrs Meldrums casual racism.

Will add that although under my name it says ‘new member’ I’ve been following tattle since the Disney land debacle. This is (I think) only the second time I’ve posted though - shows how disappointed I am by this.

Reactions: 5
Same, I'm disappointed in her too.
I haven't unfollowed, but depending on how she responds to people who tell her why they've unfollowed I might well do too.
I’d doubt you would get a reply and if you do it won’t be anything of substance- she’s so middle of the road she won’t risk saying anything inflammatory.

Katie and Co must get splinters from sitting on the fence so much. If one of my colleagues broke the rules and put my industry into as much disrupt as Mrs Meldrum has there is absolutely no way I would be welcoming them back with open arms. I wonder if Channel Mum had told her that they have to shop Meldrum their support.

Reactions: 7
I wonder if they have to show support for each other being Channel Bums? I like Katie and she’s the only real ‘mummy vlogger’ I interact with.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.