Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else noticed that weird brown line around her top lip? Its like a faded lip liner tattoo. Has she ever addressed it? I've always wondered what it was but don't want to offend her by asking incase she is paranoid about it

Reactions: 1
I've guessed where she lives, but that's because I know the area and recognised somewhere! But agree with everything else you say x

I actually really like Katie, she’s a great mum. I think people need to realise that these women are mainly middle class. Maybe because that’s what we are I can relate. I think maybe I’ve grown up in a bubble but we always holiday’ed as kids. I still need to go away at least twice a year to stay sane. I worked really hard throughout school and university to have a solid career. I have a lovely house and car etc but we physically couldn’t afford nursery and thus we haven’t had kids yet. I guess everyone has different priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2
I've decided not to post on tattle anymore. It's too elitist & middle class here for me. I was hoping I would be allowed to have a voice & opinion over here, that it would be more inclusive than Instagram. But it's just more of the same "you should prioritise", "I worked hard" rhetoric. There's nowhere to go where people can empathise with people who feel sidelined by the instamum 'im just like you guys' sales pitch

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
I've decided not to post on tattle anymore. It's too elitist & middle class here for me. I was hoping I would be allowed to have a voice & opinion over here, that it would be more inclusive than Instagram. But it's just more of the same "you should prioritise", "I worked hard" rhetoric. There's nowhere to go where people can empathise with people who feel sidelined by the instamum 'im just like you guys' sales pitch
Tbh I agree with you. I work hard, damn hard, but still can’t afford a nice house, holidays etc. It’s demoralising.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Katie is generally liked mainly because she doesn’t do that many ads and generally transparent when she does do them.

I don’t get why she would spend a fortune on loads of holidays a year but then remortgage her house for a new kitchen! Financially that can not make any sense in the long run.

Your opinion is valid, some of the other instamums have a busier threads with more people contributing, might be woth looking at some of them.

I don’t think we are deliberately singling out Katie

It’s a problem with all instamums and how easy it is to access their lives each and every day. I see more of the instamums that I follow than I see of my closest friends or family. Without realising it we are brainlessly watching their stories more than we are talking to our mates. We know what the instagrammers wear day to day. What they are doing. I wouldn’t bother telling my mates about new rug I’d bought but I find myself compelled to check in and see how unmummsy mum’s house reno is going. It’s crazy really and it’s easy to see how this drip feed of wealthy midle class white women is leading to lots of us feeling a bit tit. By watching them everyday it feels as if everyone is off on an exotic holiday. Everyone is buying extravagent furniture and clothes. They aren’t. But it’s hard to keep remembering to remind ourselves of that
You’re so right. I’m on maternity leave at the moment and almost daily find myself telling my husband about something I’ve seen an instamum talk about online as if I know them. It happens without you realising.

Reactions: 4
Please don’t feel you have to leave. I for one agree with your opinions. Many of the other threads of this forum are less middle class than this one.

I think for some people with a lot of money it helps to justify it to yourself by saying “I deserve this. I worked hard for this”. And yes that’s probably true to a certain extent. But there’s people who work equally as hard in other professions, who are just as intelligent or whatever and they will never earn the same. No amount of extra shifts or overtime is going to make a teaching assistant or nurse earn the same as a lawyer or trader and that isn’t fair and it’s hard to listen to people saying “ I work hard” or “ I just manage my money effectively “ etc

Bit like Clemmie Telford writing her article titled “how I survived a financial crisis”- when in reality her wider family is loaded and that safety net was always there. Not so much of a “crisis” really, she just had to borrow money. I think she was a bit tone deaf putting that article out there but when you have so much privilege and all your middle class white mates do too, i can see that you start to view it as normal.

Anyway back on topic- I’ve never noticed any marks round Katie’s eyes I must say xx

Has anyone else noticed that weird brown line around her top lip? Its like a faded lip liner tattoo. Has she ever addressed it? I've always wondered what it was but don't want to offend her by asking incase she is paranoid about it
Never noticed it!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Katie is generally liked mainly because she doesn’t do that many ads and generally transparent when she does do them.

I don’t get why she would spend a fortune on loads of holidays a year but then remortgage her house for a new kitchen! Financially that can not make any sense in the long run.

Your opinion is valid, some of the other instamums have a busier threads with more people contributing, might be woth looking at some of them.
Given the amount of improvements Katie and Jon have already done to their home, it actually makes sense that they'd refinance to get a better interest rate on their mortgage and use that money to redo their kitchen. My husband and I have refinanced our home twice since buying it ten years ago. Each time we took that money and put it towards more home improvements. In another year or so we plan on tackling our outside space. Then we'll finally be done!

I know traveling is very important to them and if that is their priority then so be it. But I wish she'd stop saying they don't have any money. If they really didn't have money then they wouldn't be able to travel as much as they do with three small children. That's one of the things we've had to put on hold while we are working on the house. We have driven into the US for a visits. We both have family members scattered all over the place so we typically stay with them. But we can't afford to do it more than once a year. We've both agreed that if circumstances allow it we will travel with our girls when they are older. But right now our main focus is getting our house done while my husband is in his current role. Eventually he would like to switch to a position that doesn't require him to travel six months out of the year. But it will likely mean a reduction in salary. I'll tell you what, if I had known what a PITA being an adult was I would have never grown up.

For anybody who doesn't know what I am on about, its on one of her latest insta boomerang video stories where she is blowing.. she has weird brown lines above her top lip. I always notice it on stories. I have no idea what it is..

I’m quite confused what some of you actually want from influencers. You diss them because they are middle class. It’s like you want them to disclose their bank statements. Not everyone will be relatable to everyone fully. We all lead different lives, but there will he parts of peoples lives who we each can relate to in different ways.

Influencers wouldn’t be influencers if they didn’t promote or go on holiday, isn’t that the point? It would be boring to watch an influencer who was like well we are saving for a holiday check back in in 2 years.

It’s getting to the point where they are criticised whatever they do. Some criticisms are valid but many aren’t.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yessss 🙌🏼🙌🏼 The Woe me, someone else can afford to do this that and the rest is just boring now. I’m so happy for this thread to go back on track and people to discuss Katie whether that be good or bad. But the continuity of the pity parties I can’t get my head round....don’t do it to yourself.... Comparison is the thief of joy.

My husband grew up with and addict mother, they had nothing, he was abused, he was sent from Forster home to foster home. He used to get dragged around and told to ‘wait outside’ while his mum sold herself for money. He came from and had nothing. In fact, he was destined to go Go down the same path....he didn’t. He got out, he knew that was no life, he worked hard, loved hard and is the kindest, most patient man I know. We’ve been through a lot in our 15 years, but he NEVER speaks bad of his mum or anybody who wronged him. I know that’s completely off topic, but if he can come out of the toughest of times, truely anybody can.

Reactions: 6
We completely removed ourselves from social media and do not regret it. Five of my co-workers were fired in 2018 for posting company-related information on various platforms. Beyond that, all people ever seem to do is use social media to feed their narcissistic personalities, promote negativity, set unrealistic expectations, or pretend to be a SJW. I've found that the older I get, the less patience I have for such nonsense. If you know that you are easily triggered by things then it really is in your best interest to remove yourself from the situation.

With regards to Katie, I did not realize that she and Jon owned their own company together.

Last edited by a moderator:
We completely removed ourselves from social media and do not regret it. Five of my co-workers were fired in 2018 for posting company-related information on various platforms. Beyond that, all people ever seem to do is use social media to feed their narcissistic personalities, promote negativity, set unrealistic expectations, or pretend to be a SJW. I've found that the older I get, the less patience I have for such nonsense. If you know that you are easily triggered by things then it really is in your best interest to remove yourself from the situation.

With regards to Katie, I did not realize that she and Jon owned their own company together.
She has spoken about them starting a company together years ago but never shared many details about it. Their skills sets fit really well together so it makes sense.

I don't know it's that's a current business though.
She says she sometimes does some bits for john I always assumed admin tasks as what he does is very different to hers.
When working together in shared office they always seem to be separate.

Where Katie differs from other influencers is she has skills to survive with out you tube or being an influencer.
In way change of name and featuring older girls less she's already shaping up new content that format involve her kids.
She's not stupid it won't last forever.
Who wouldn't want the travel opportunities.
Whatever they spend on house renovating they will recoup the costs spent especially as some elements were gifted and clearly so.
I think she probably does social media work on side for brand and others .
They as a family don't have their eggs all in one basket
I don't feel they reckless with money but o don't think they skint either.
Despite lack travel and less money I enjoy the Ellison family.
I think her photography skills people skills and ability to reflect on how her content effects others maybe it's the psychology degree or ex work in police.
I think she's one of the better ones and don't understand why so much negativity.
She doesn't set out to brag or annoy she's just being herself.
A white middle class mum in the south East.
She's not false she is what you see.
As ever even if mere mortal like me we edit social media and try and show the positive bits.

Reactions: 13
I don't know it's that's a current business though.
She says she sometimes does some bits for john I always assumed admin tasks as what he does is very different to hers.
When working together in shared office they always seem to be separate.

Where Katie differs from other influencers is she has skills to survive with out you tube or being an influencer.
In way change of name and featuring older girls less she's already shaping up new content that format involve her kids.
She's not stupid it won't last forever.
Who wouldn't want the travel opportunities.
Whatever they spend on house renovating they will recoup the costs spent especially as some elements were gifted and clearly so.
I think she probably does social media work on side for brand and others .
They as a family don't have their eggs all in one basket
I don't feel they reckless with money but o don't think they skint either.
Despite lack travel and less money I enjoy the Ellison family.
I think her photography skills people skills and ability to reflect on how her content effects others maybe it's the psychology degree or ex work in police.
I think she's one of the better ones and don't understand why so much negativity.
She doesn't set out to brag or annoy she's just being herself.
A white middle class mum in the south East.
She's not false she is what you see.
As ever even if mere mortal like me we edit social media and try and show the positive bits.
Yeah she’s said that she does content work for brands. I know she does a lot of behind the scenes stuff for visit Orlando, she’s written in magazines, she does some marketing for Jon... they used to take on clients and Jon would do the blog / website design etc abs katie managed a lot of social media for clients, but I think he stopped when he got the big contract with America. I do think they’re realistic that this influencer Jam won’t be forever and have a back up. What are likes of Kerry Conway / Rebecca Lamb / Rebecca Meldrum (to name a few) going to do when it’s not a massive industry like now and work dries up?!

Reactions: 5
Yeah she’s said that she does content work for brands. I know she does a lot of behind the scenes stuff for visit Orlando, she’s written in magazines, she does some marketing for Jon... they used to take on clients and Jon would do the blog / website design etc abs katie managed a lot of social media for clients, but I think he stopped when he got the big contract with America. I do think they’re realistic that this influencer Jam won’t be forever and have a back up. What are likes of Kerry Conway / Rebecca Lamb / Rebecca Meldrum (to name a few) going to do when it’s not a massive industry like now and work dries up?!
I think from watching vlogs and Instagram is they have fab time management and good work ethics.
They share the school runs and the kids activities.
The days wrens at nursery she full on work more.
They not like other influencers with their soft office or girl boss office just for show.
They have a working office garden room and actually think wise to have separate space to the house as it helps keep you more motivated working from home can have so many distractions.
When the kids are home she enjoys spending time with then she very hands on don't get impression they dumped on relatives too often.
I respect Jon he's at home and worms later hours due to USA work be tolerated social media he's no craving to be an influencer or public figure himself.
I do think they made a bit equity from last house and as they stated they took on bigger mortgage to do some of the works.
The extension was most expensive and new Windows that was big outgoing.
The office was done on the cheap
The internal doors they doing in stages.
They admit lots if house is painted in cheap white paint they only have 1 wall with expensive farrow and ball 1 litre is is 22 quid.
They have reused some old furniture
They get a lot of home wares from cheaper shops like Tesco and Matalan.
I don't think they excessive spenders or hugely materialistic.
They buy less but but better quality.
They use a variety of retailers Ikea features a lot of rooms which is affordable and achievable it's not all maison de monde or made.

She's just really clever with what she invests her money in big objects like sofa table and bed is heavily used so if they have the money makes sense spend a little more.
Birthdays and Xmas they don't seem to buy huge amounts for the kids.
The kids go to state school
I don't think they eat out a huge amount or have regular takeaways this must save some money.
Bathrooms can be cheap especially if some is kindly gifted and you are not moving any plumbing.
The kitchen /utliity she realises is a massive cost and is prepared to wait not get herself into debts like the Conways.
I think based on amount work some items gifted and careful spending this allows them to save money to do the travel and the house renovation.

Anyway back to what tattle is about. Doesn’t normally put two photos up in a day but is no longer worried about numbers? She doesn’t want to be in with the instamums anymore sure yes ok, I’m sure she’ll remove all her followers and go private then 🤣

• Haha
Anyway back to what tattle is about. Doesn’t normally put two photos up in a day but is no longer worried about numbers? She doesn’t want to be in with the instamums anymore sure yes ok, I’m sure she’ll remove all her followers and go private then 🤣
She's also started doing that thing where she links the photo in her stories, with some sort of emoji covering it up and asking people to go and see/like it. Not bothered about numbers, but wanting people to "interact" since that is what brands look at. She just covers it well I think

• Haha
She's also started doing that thing where she links the photo in her stories, with some sort of emoji covering it up and asking people to go and see/like it. Not bothered about numbers, but wanting people to "interact" since that is what brands look at. She just covers it well I think
She’s not as simpering and as unassuming as she’s like to have people believe.
She knows what she’s doing, she plays the game very well. She’s one that will carve out a career long after the “influencer” nonsense comes to an end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.