Katie Ellison - Mummy Daddy Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@JessaP you make some very valid points there too, particularly around the sharing of children online. I’m not sure where my ultimate views on that sit (as someone with a very low SM presence and who has never put pictures of my kids on there) and perhaps if I (or wider we) could fast forward a few years to hear from those involved about the impact and feelings around choice and control of themselves it would be easier to know what’s right/fair.

As for the point about whether Katie, and any others, are just doing the bare minimum, I would argue that ‘this’ is a very new field/area of work and I don’t think it is valid that we compare whether they adhere to best practice in other much more established professions that have much larger governing bodies, that have a vast body of accreditation, training, materials, qualifications attached that make it easier to navigate and to apply. I may be behind the curve but lots of issues are emerging and there is no one set of agreed standards (bar the ASA rules which as I said it appears that Katie is on the more transparent end of the spectrum on). So that’s why my opinion is one of like/respect for Katie, because I interpret these actions based on my view of say more traditional media outlets such as newspapers where they might have codes of practice and are regulated to some degree, but across the different papers they certainly don’t apply them either consistently or to what some would see as morally high (you only have to see the list of corrections and clarifications that are printed every day to see examples of that, plus all the litigation on such reporting from those who can afford it). And those newspapers have a significantly higher income/budget/legal advice/training etc than any of these individual influencers.
Perhaps it is more for the likes of Channel Mum etc to be trying to fill this void and ensuring all their influencers meet not just the minimum but best practice.

I agree that Katie gets an easier ride on here because of her content, but for me I see that is because she puts more thought, effort and control into her content and takes it seriously and also acknowlegdes (perhaps too much for some’s liking!) her fortunate position. Until/if she ever gets to the following or presence of the really big influencers who then can afford and need to have managers and people protecting/cultivating the ‘brand’ I can see why it is hard for individuals trying their best to always get it right. So you’re right they shouldn’ be above reproach but rightly or wrongly who I apply that threshold to (or what that threshold is) will vary according to different influencers.

Reactions: 4
I've said this loads so I'm repeating myself which is quite fitting for Katies thread 😆 but my main problem with her is the fake humbleness. "Eugh I hate what I'm wearing, my hair is a mess", whilst she poses for endless pictures. She LOVES herself. I am somebody who does not like to be in photos.. and I am rarely in them. So I find her self deprecating so false. She thinks that she is smoking hot and has amazing taste in all things fashion and interior. The end.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I’ve followed and liked her for years but my one problem with her is I think she is very privileged and doesn’t have half enough awareness of that fact and how it feels to not have been born into luxury. The constant posts about interiors “dilemmas” etc can be irritating as I doubt I’m alone in knowing I will never even own my own home let alone have the means to be able to renovate and style it exactly how I want it. It makes me sad as a parent to realise my children, who are slightly older than hers, don’t have the option of having their own bedroom/space whereas her girls have CHOSEN to share because they enjoy it and would rather have a playroom. All of her “issues” just leave me feeling like, “Well isn’t that a nice problem to have”...

Reactions: 9
Katie is very clever at wording things and saying things. She knows exactly what she’s doing. Don’t forget she was a copper once! 😉

I really like Katie. She is one of the more genuine grammers around. She seems to actually like her children, is proud of them and tries to have a work/life balance. Go her!
Her content is well put together and interesting. I love her travel and interior stuff. It’s very relatable yet aspirational. It’s not very everyone and I get it’s slightly privileged but she is up front about it in a...dare I say it...nice way!
Yes I think she is mildly boring on occasion, I’m not glued to her every word but maybe that’s why she has stuck around for so long (8 years a blogger).
I think the other instahuns could take a leaf out of Katie’s book...

Reactions: 5
On the topic of oversharing her children's photos. Remember that she found a family photo of themselves inside a frame in a show home! She saw that as some kind of 'sign' to move house. Personally, I'd have seen it as a massive wake up call that I'd overshared my children's identities online.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
On the topic of oversharing her children's photos. Remember that she found a family photo of themselves inside a frame in a show home! She saw that as some kind of 'sign' to move house. Personally, I'd have seen it as a massive wake up call that I'd overshared my children's identities online.
tit! I did not know that! I assume the new build company didn't ask for permission and just took the photo?!
I'd be absolutely livid! You think it would be a wake up call.

I’m sorry but that hat does not look good on her at all, it looks stupid!
It’s all for the gram!! 🙄 I’m surprised she didn’t mention it as she normally would. She must love herself in it this time!!! 🙄 Go her with her second ever Pilates!! Best put her active wear on!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
It’s all for the gram!! 🙄 I’m surprised she didn’t mention it as she normally would. She must love herself in it this time!!! 🙄 Go her with her second ever Pilates!! Best put her active wear on!!
She can’t pull off that look at all! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So this is my first post but I had to say I have just watched her stories and she looks like she has had Botox or something else done.. Does that explain her few days break. I mean not really a big deal but has anyone else noticed it?!

Reactions: 1
So this is my first post but I had to say I have just watched her stories and she looks like she has had Botox or something else done.. Does that explain her few days break. I mean not really a big deal but has anyone else noticed it?!
Yeah. I thought her skin looked great! It could just have been a filter though..

Reactions: 1
Have you noticed how small a space she has between the wall and pink blob? They’ll be side walking like crabs!!!! 🤣

• Haha
Just noticed Meldrum and brummy mummy have commented and she hasn’t replied but she has to every other poster on her work top photo

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.