Katherine Ormerod

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They seem to deem anyone who was vaguely affiliated with a fashion magazine or pullout an 'editor' these days, Alex Stedman also claims to have been an editor...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
They seem to deem anyone who was vaguely affiliated with a fashion magazine or pullout an 'editor' these days, Alex Stedman also claims to have been an editor...
Alex was a shopping and fashion editor at Red magazine back in the day, KO was more of a fashion features editor, writing pieces and interviewing rather than the styling side.

Yep, Nielson data. I don’t work for her publisher (!) btw
Thank you ❤ And not trying to doxx you just know tattle gets a bad rep for being gossips, we are usually at least factual gossips lol!

I’d love to have access to Nielsen book data as I’d love to know how Jack Monroe’s thrifty kitchen did week one, she’s constantly eluding to another book being on the cards despite really abysmal Amazon rankings lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Haha yep it’s definitely factual and it’s fascinating to see all the numbers…especially from people like KO who spin the smoke and mirrors.
She had dream publicity for it too, Sunday Times ect. Just doesn’t convert to sales as it’s so niche.

Reactions: 7
Haha yep it’s definitely factual and it’s fascinating to see all the numbers…especially from people like KO who spin the smoke and mirrors.
She had dream publicity for it too, Sunday Times ect. Just doesn’t convert to sales as it’s so niche.
And because the taste is very questionable (stick on tiling..) and because she isn’t actually an expert. I’d rather pick up tips from people properly trained in interiors.

• Haha
That is actually surprisingly dismal. Hopefully publishers move on from believing anyone with a chunky follower count deserves a book deal.

Negotiating ‘reduced’ rent in exchange for doing up your landlord’s property is so utterly tone deaf. Her stories about it look interminable, a whole book just cannot be necessary.

I actually quite enjoy her reno content and would defintely have considered buying the book 10 years ago when I was still renting, but I don't see the point of buying a book of what I assume is mostly recycled insta/substack content.

Reactions: 2
Katherine posted in January that she had been appointed 'Editorial Director' of something called Condo Studio. It claims to be a magazine but looks to me more like one of those online newsletters that you subscribe to only to find it is entirely adverts and affiliate links, and then you spend 2 years trying to unsubscribe and make the emails stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 8