Kate Lawler #7 Maybe baby? Yes or No Yes or No said Yes now says No Brillieeeent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn’t really agree with that poem she shared does she? There’s no mention of sleep for starters :)

PS hello new thread

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do many ‘child free advocates’ write parenting books? 🤔
Noa wasn’t 10 months old and she was bringing out a book. It’s cashing in on a new level of low to me. Not just cashing in on new parents who look to people like her for answers but Kate is cashing in on the undecided, the regretful, the ‘have I made a mistake’ vulnerable parents when she’s utterly unqualified since she’s still in the throes of her own confusion and regret as far as I’m concerned. I don’t see how she can give an honest account either when she hasn’t addressed her own shortcomings. It needs to be a diary of thoughts at best rather than how she’s pitching it as ‘4 terrible months and I’m out the other side’ as though she’s happy now. Not even a year I to parenthood, not even into solid food - cash grab central.
‘Unspoken’ is a joke. She’s very Openly and makes no secret of regretting Noa. I’m angered that is suggests resenting your child is ‘maybe’ normal.
I can tell you now, nothing about Kate’s approach will make me feel understood.
354AC0FD-93E3-4D19-9486-3D49FA108A0D.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 13
Noa wasn’t 10 months old and she was bringing out a book. It’s cashing in on a new level of low to me. Not just cashing in on new parents who look to people like her for answers but Kate is cashing in on the undecided, the regretful, the ‘have I made a mistake’ vulnerable parents when she’s utterly unqualified since she’s still in the throes of her own confusion and regret as far as I’m concerned. I don’t see how she can give an honest account either when she hasn’t addressed her own shortcomings. It needs to be a diary of thoughts at best rather than how she’s pitching it as ‘4 terrible months and I’m out the other side’ as though she’s happy now. Not even a year I to parenthood, not even into solid food - cash grab central.
‘Unspoken’ is a joke. She’s very Openly and makes no secret of regretting Noa. I’m angered that is suggests resenting your child is ‘maybe’ normal.
View attachment 1039523
I’d be mortified if I was understood by people who thinks it’s normal to say they hate being a parent. It’s not everything I excepted but I’d never put that on my kids, say it publicly or make out its perfectly normal to wish your child wasn’t there. She needs to grow up and take responsibility for the life she’s created, not dramatise hospital trips when without a pandemic she probably would have sent the doula and went home for some sleep

Reactions: 15
View attachment 1039523
Resentful 🤯😡😡😡😡
That sweet baby 😔❤‍🩹

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Honestly, that so resonates with the first 3 years of parenthood for me 🤣 the PND was horrific and tarnished loads. It genuinely upsets me still, so i dont shout about it but my heart goes out to women battling those feelings. Its hard seeing this happen but i have to rate the honesty.. its a shame its all behind a book and money making scheme though. She hasnt shown the honest ups and downs on IG, she has tried to keep up appearances but its clear she has struggled and faces resentment!

Reactions: 12
Honestly, that so resonates with the first 3 years of parenthood for me 🤣 the PND was horrific and tarnished loads. It genuinely upsets me still, so i dont shout about it but my heart goes out to women battling those feelings. Its hard seeing this happen but i have to rate the honesty.. its a shame its all behind a book and money making scheme though. She hasnt shown the honest ups and downs on IG, she has tried to keep up appearances but its clear she has struggled and faces resentment!
Right but she still struggles and still resents and rather than get that sorted she’s written a book. She’s clearly still in the thick of it. It’s not ‘normal’ and just ‘ok, it’s horrific, let’s write a book haha’. She’s going to damage Noa psychologically because she hasn’t properly addressed her feelings and learned ways to deal with them that don’t involve showing very obvious contempt for her daughter publicly. She’s in no position at this stage to help anyone beyond the knowledge that it can happen.

Reactions: 16
Right but she still struggles and still resents and rather than get that sorted she’s written a book. She’s clearly still in the thick of it. It’s not ‘normal’ and just ‘ok, it’s horrific, let’s write a book haha’. She’s going to damage Noa psychologically because she hasn’t properly addressed her feelings and learned ways to deal with them that don’t involve showing very obvious contempt for her daughter publicly. She’s in no position at this stage to help anyone beyond the knowledge that it can happen.
Fully agree! It doesnt come off genuine when she has 'saved' it all for a book (her threads have called it out from the get go!). It's a real shame she isnt getting proper help, it'll have a big impact on her for years to come and on Noa with it plastered on social media.

Reactions: 13
Absolutely horrifying that she has written a book normalising resenting your baby . I have no words

Reactions: 21
Absolutely horrifying that she has written a book normalising resenting your baby . I have no words
I think those struggles should be spoken about more. Its sadly true for a lot of women who resent/regret their kids. I dont think Kate is going about it in the right way though, but i think thats cos she is still in denial about the full extent of it all.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think struggles should be hidden but there’s lots of options now to not have a child, starting all the ay from contraception, bur to go through with a pregnancy and labour and birth then decide it’s shite… too late. She’s putting so much pressure on noa who will grow up with a lot of issues knowing she was unwanted. PND is different and people need help, being a 40 year old, wannabe child free, ladette is horrid

Reactions: 17
I don’t think struggles should be hidden but there’s lots of options now to not have a child, starting all the ay from contraception, bur to go through with a pregnancy and labour and birth then decide it’s shite… too late. She’s putting so much pressure on noa who will grow up with a lot of issues knowing she was unwanted. PND is different and people need help, being a 40 year old, wannabe child free, ladette is horrid
The reality of being a parent is very very different to what is imagined tho. Must be even worse if you were initially against having kids. Its sad for both of them; that kate felt any pressure to have a kid and now any effects on Noa. I wanted kids, and i still spent those early years riddled with guilt and resentment. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

She definitely is just too selfish in nature and i think the jump to parenthood is just too extreme for her.

Reactions: 7
I agree feelings of resentment etc should be spoken about more openly as there's such a stigma about it, but I can't help feel for Noa when she's older, and will read that her mother resented her and wrote a book about it and the struggles etc. Would make me feel pretty tit as an adult if my Mum wrote that about me!

Reactions: 11
I agree feelings of resentment etc should be spoken about more openly as there's such a stigma about it, but I can't help feel for Noa when she's older, and will read that her mother resented her and wrote a book about it and the struggles etc. Would make me feel pretty tit as an adult if my Mum wrote that about me!
Honestly, its so sad. Its a topic to be handled sensitively and Kate absolutely is not sensitive in her approach!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.