Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LoonyLeopard

Chatty Member
Kate Lawler didn’t want a baby, but she gave it go ... the doulas/freebies should lessen the blow

Next thread suggestion

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Shes got help for Noa with the night nanny, but its Kate that needs the support. A baby has very simple needs at this age, but it is a huge impact on the mum. She should be able to access the perinatal mental health team.
I read all the time how empathetic to Kate you are, and I hear you.

But.. Kate has done quite a few things wrong that anyone with common sense just would not have done and I certainly would not have done when I had my first:

1. The bloody TV show
This was her first mistake. Having the crew in hospital with her (I was heavily criticised on here when I confirmed the crew were in hospital with her but as the show will reveal they 100% were!) made Kate focus not on her child but on her career. It was a terrible idea and one that she will rue the day over in time. Plus she is absolutely ghastly on it too.
2. Have completely unrealistic expectations of a baby.
Yeah, no one knows until you have your own but she really did think this little baby was gonna be a breeze. Her comment that she'd be getting more sleep when the baby arrived proves that. She wasn't just unprepared, she was deluded.
3. Her unpreparedness has affected her mental state.
I don't think it is PND. I think Kate genuinely think she is in shock. Her shock reaction to having to care for her baby is terrible. She is feeling that she is not bonding with her daughter and she is failing her because she is. She cannot put Noa first. She is still putting herself before her child.
4. The night nanny has fractured her bond with Noa.
Without a doubt at a time when Kate and Noa need to be sharing the twilight hours having cuddled and hushed chats she decided to get someone in to do the work.
5. She hasn't learned that social media is not her friend - yet.
But she will. Still her focus is not on her child. It remains on her and who ever she is posting for. That is a real problem.
6. Her boyfriend is a prick.
He probably always was and it wasn't being shown. She had a baby for him and he wanted to be a 1970's dad and no more. He is getting 3 nights a week off with the night nanny and also going into the spare room on the other nights - he's a charmer for sure and certainly not a keeper!

• Heart
Reactions: 42

JEndontgetoutmuch

She should sack off breast feeding. I think breastfeeding is lovely if you can do it without getting upset.
it’s more convenient too, putting baby straight on to feed. No sterilising bottles etc. But her method is stressing me out.
pumping in the middle of t njiyht, crying because baby isn’t latching on. Not making enough milk.
just give her some formula and share the work. If you can breastfeed, brilliant. If you can’t, then don’t. Babies getting everything it needs is also brilliant.
she should
Go to bed at 8pm, dodge can do the last feed, she gets up in the night, he does early morning. Done

Reactions: 34

HeidiHole

Chatty Member
I stuck up a lot for Kate on a previous thread on here, but my god, I am getting fed up of her moaning now.

Yes, babies are hard work - but she isn't even with her baby 24/7 so what is she moaning about?

I also thinks she shows the body shaming posts because she LIKES being referred to as too thin. She loves it. She's quite gaunt.

Reactions: 32

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I really don't blame them for getting a doula. They are bonding with the baby, but being sleep deprived can really, really affect one's mental health. I would have sold my soul for a decent nights sleep when I had my baby. I was so tired I was unsafe to drive. A doula can be a wonderful thing. It won't affect Noa at all. In fact, it will benefit her from having parents who are well rested.

And what's wrong with that?
There are 2 adults in the household, neither of whom go out to work in the traditional sense. 2 adults at home 24 hours a day. Sorry but there is no need whatsoever for them to require a 3rd person to help. It’s self indulgent nonsense. If one adult is tired then here’s what they do - they go to sleep and the other PARENT looks after THEIR OWN CHILD. crazy I know.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Lollipop19

Chatty Member
Has anyone actually called her out on the 3-times-a-week “doula”? (Night Nanny)

I feel like there would be a lot more negative comments on this subject, perhaps they’re being deleted? 🤔
Does she need to be messaged by strangers with their opinions and personal views on what she does with her own baby? There isn't really any need I don't think. The baby isn't in any direct risk, despite the fact that many people wouldn't do the same. Share your views on here but I don't know why you think she needs to hear it from people she doesn't know.

Reactions: 31

lalalanded

VIP Member
A good tip for saving £2,400 per month is to raise your baby that you planned and wanted yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

Snooper82

Can’t believe how I have gone from loving Kate to really disliking her in such a short space of time. So privileged yet SO much complaining. I’ll admit I had a night nanny a couple of times with my little one as my partner and I don’t have any family and he worked overseas but I realise how lucky I was to be able to do that. She has had a doula 3 times a week and all she does is complain. I know that nothing really prepares you for the exhaustion of the first few weeks but it’s been 6 weeks she needs to get her sh1t together, check her privilege and stop complaining. Also they did a whole podcast series about having a baby and what to expect, how was she so unprepared?
This 🙌🙌 the privilege doesn’t bother me one bit. The complaining, need for justification and constant attention seeking drove me to unfollow. I loved the girl and I mean that, thought she was ace. Then I thought perhaps there was PND at play with so much going on (pandemic, poorly baby, new mum, her age having her first) but now? No, just a fucking self centred arsehole citing woe is me so all the insta hun blue ticks swarm in saying how amazing she looks and doing great. If that’s all she needs to perk her up then I don’t think there’s any huge problem. A river of fake tan and some new pjs pouting away is the one then? Help 3 nights a week (as I say, nice work if you can get it) baby naps in daytime, she’s on maternity and he’s always home. What exactly is the problem? Should not compare and I know this is my bad but have you seen Laura Whitmore? Getting on with life, enjoying her baby and shared just a couple of pics. Part of me thinks I should be ashamed of myself saying all this...I’m not!

• Heart
Reactions: 29

lalalanded

VIP Member
But if they can afford to get help & feel like they need help then I don't get why people are so offended. Babies are hard fucking work!!
For two parents at home all day?? Can we agree that the 'hard work' is also known as 'parenting'? And if you're not up for parenting what on earth is the point of having a baby?

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lreb88

VIP Member
It does seem quite strange for them to get a night nanny, it’s not as if they’re back to work or anything. Surely they could just take turns to do the nights? My friend has a night nanny a few nights a week for her 3 month old, the difference is she’s just gone back to work as a surgeon and her husband is a consultant so they do proper jobs that demand their full concentration and they really do need their sleep!

Reactions: 28

Kebab girl

Chatty Member
Does Boj not want to bond with his daughter? The child he was insistent they have? You’d think he’d use these moments when Kate is exhausted to step in, let her rest and spend that time with his baby - rather than allow a total stranger to be caring for your baby, it’s your opportunity to really bond.

I cannot get my head around these parents allowing a complete stranger to care for their most precious new born baby.
If this was a lower class mum palming her baby off to a babysitter this would be hugely frowned upon.

she isn’t a doula- she is a babysitter/nanny

I’m most disappointed in Boj throughout all this as he is the one that so desperately wanted a kid and now he doesn’t even want to spend time with it. I wonder if Kate feels a fool for agreeing to this. Poor bubba

Reactions: 28

Lreb88

VIP Member
Thing that annoys me is you can’t even voice some of these valid concerns without being brought down in flames by her followers. People saying ‘if I had the money I’d do it’ really? You’d not mother and bond with your child if you could outsource it?? If that’s true it says a lot about you as a person.

I hate that Kate’s normalising this?! It’s like she’s a Victorian duchess...children must be seen and not heard ☹
I always think if I had money I’d hire a chef, cleaner etc so I could spend time with my kids without worrying about all that other boring stuff. I wouldn’t pay someone else to spend that quality time with them instead.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
This reference to statutory maternity pay is so ridiculous and such a pass agg way of framing how she is paying for the night nurse.
Such a ridiculous thing to say too, like we all can just throw our maternity pay away on something like that? Oh no wait...us mere mortals have to use ours to pay our bills and just try to survive till we’re back at work earning again 🙄

• Wow
  • Haha

Whippeto

She took it really well anyway!! She showed that her pram was well ventilated but also accepted she may have made an error adding the muslin. She then thanked people for their advice! I feel like she handled it perfectly. 🤷🏼‍♀️

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I totally agree! I'm actually finding all her whining really nauseating and just narcissistic. She really needs to be a little more grateful that she one, has a healthy young baby and that she managed to conceive, ( even though she didn't really want a child)
I honestly wish I was in her position. No financial worries, a supportive husband, a brand new house and a healthy baby. Honesty Kate just FUCK OFF!
Also, can't stand seeing constant photos/stories of her dogs and her annoying shirley/baxter put on voices. Why is she always so animated?
Yeah she’s a very odd character isn’t she. She’s always putting on this performance. The over the top shouty ladette voice, the irritating and juvenile “brillllllllliant!” Thing she always does, the constant trying to be a bit laddy talking about shit/boobs etc, calling her boobs Grant & Phil etc - it’s all just a stupid childish performance and a very dated one at that. She makes herself look & sound really stupid I think and really immature. She’s a 40 year old woman - she needs to just drop the 1990s ladette act and just be normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

Jane Porcupine

VIP Member
She's still riding the coat tails of the whole late 90s ladette culture. Kate, even Zoe Ball and Sara Cox have dropped that now.

• Heart

lalalanded

VIP Member
He's been up since 6.45 with Noa.. What does he want? A round of applause for caring for his own daughter?!
Also known as 'getting up'. How many people are up earlier to get the kids ready and get to work? I am literally in shock at these two. They clearly have had everything handed to them on a plate, have absolutely no concept of hard work and have never met a baby before! I don't find either of them remotely sympathetic. I feel horribly sorry for that baby though.

Kebab girl

Chatty Member
I don’t understand the doula if your waking up to pump? Babies are more efficient than a pump so you could just feed and pop them back down. She’s also pumping for 15 minutes when it needs to be at least 30 minutes at this age.
Also what a waste of money, hiring someone to stay up with your kid so you can sleep and going to bed at 11.30!
I was going to post exactly this. Getting out of bed to pump, but NOT feed your baby as said baby is being cared for by a stranger.

It’s also the fact that she has to brag about it - is she not embarrassed??

It’s the most bizarre behaviour.

lalalanded

VIP Member
Same here, followed her for ages and thought she was normal and quite funny but her behaviour since having Noa 👎🏼
I really liked her a lot before the baby/pregnancy too. But she was very immature tbh especially with all that 'I'll smash your face in business' which I found really unfunny. And she definitely had a social media addiction as well. It's funny how the baby has made me see her in a completely different light. I actually don't like her much anymore.

• Heart