Kate La Vie #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As to Kate saying she was ‘one and done’ - she also said many times that she had chosen to remain child free in the first place and admitted it was deliberate misdirection. We’re not falling for that again 😉

Reactions: 19
I thought she’d had a change of heart after her mum passed but I might be misremembering.

Reactions: 2
she also said many times that she had chosen to remain child free in the first place and admitted it was deliberate misdirection.
What a hoot... who is she, David Blaine?
I don't remember her saying she was "child free" by choice tbh but if she did that's kinda annoying cause it just perpetuates the idea that child free people eventually will just get broody and 'change their minds' which is something people say all the time to child free people (my sister is, and gets it constantly lol)

Reactions: 13
What a hoot... who is she, David Blaine?
I don't remember her saying she was "child free" by choice tbh but if she did that's kinda annoying cause it just perpetuates the idea that child free people eventually will just get broody and 'change their minds' which is something people say all the time to child free people (my sister is, and gets it constantly lol)
She said many times she never wanted to have kids, just cats. She even said this in a Q&A not Iong before she got pregnant iirc. I think one time she said that Jordan did want to have kids, but he would just have to accept that it wasn't happening, or words to that effect.

She's admitted she 'misdirects' her followers from time to time. She mentioned this when she was selling one of her flats, but I can't remember the details.

Reactions: 11
She said many times she never wanted to have kids, just cats. She even said this in a Q&A not Iong before she got pregnant iirc. I think one time she said that Jordan did want to have kids, but he would just have to accept that it wasn't happening, or words to that effect.

She's admitted she 'misdirects' her followers from time to time. She mentioned this when she was selling one of her flats, but I can't remember the details.
Strange behaviour IMO. Surely the more people feel like they can relate to you and identify with you, the better you would do as an influencer/"famous person" ? How can you relate to someone who you don't actually know anything about and what you think you know doesn't even end up being real 😂

Reactions: 5
It is perfectly ok to change your mind about anything at any time.. in fact it should be applauded as it can take courage.

With Kate it’s deliberate manipulation though. She has actually laughed about decoys / throwing people off the scent about a few things. I get intrusion and speculation might become tedious however if you are going to treat your audience like that and laugh about it, then a natural consequence is that your credibility is shot 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 16

She definitely did it by sharing photos of properties in Edinburgh when apparently they were looking at Brighton the whole time

Reactions: 10
It is perfectly ok to change your mind about anything at any time.. in fact it should be applauded as it can take courage.

With Kate it’s deliberate manipulation though. She has actually laughed about decoys / throwing people off the scent about a few things. I get intrusion and speculation might become tedious however if you are going to treat your audience like that and laugh about it, then a natural consequence is that your credibility is shot 🤷‍♀️
Oh god yeah if it was all real and she just changed her mind then of course that is totally different. And I'd actually be impressed if that was the case and she spoke about it - that could actually end up helping people with their own situations ! But if she openly admitted it was a lie and she was just throwing people off the scent then.. why ?? Lol.

Does she not want to be authentic even somewhat ? Does she not want people to know her ? I get it when famous actors and people who are in the public eye - with actual careers - wanting to keep their personal life private, but when people who got 'famous' for the sole reason that they were sharing and vlogging their personal life and trying to be that 'relatable internet pal' type wanting to then be all private and an enigma (but still make money off their followers of course lol) .. it's annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah it's weird, I don't think she should really have to answer that question but can't imagine she was being hounded about it, just ignore it.

Influencers being pleased they've managed to deceive their followers is just quite mean, it may be annoying but it's the people commenting and engaging with them (not me!) who are enabling their whole careers

Reactions: 4
She’s finally posted a bit of a house reveal:

Yeah it's weird, I don't think she should really have to answer that question but can't imagine she was being hounded about it, just ignore it.

Influencers being pleased they've managed to deceive their followers is just quite mean, it may be annoying but it's the people commenting and engaging with them (not me!) who are enabling their whole careers
I find it really annoying when influencers get a kick out of deceiving their followers. The Anna Edit does this all the time too and thinks she's so clever. In fact, she's even worse than Kate for this kind of thing. They wouldn't have their cushy lifestyles if not for their followers. Actually, Kate still might, as it seems like she's always lived a pretty financially comfortable life.

I've followed Kate for years and until the last year or so always found her pretty inoffensive. However, I now find her unbelievably smug and almost everything she says or does annoys me. Case in point, how she worded these captions to say she 'sent' Jord to do these things for her, like he's her little errand boy. Maybe try 'asking' instead of ordering him around! 😄

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

That was exactly what she said, I remember it. The thing is she admitted that they had been trying to get pregnant and that she even took supplements to try help with PCOS. It sounds like she got pregnant quickly enough. Her attitude just didn’t sit right with me. And I agree with others that it was clear that she got a kick out of it. I think she was ambivalent to kids before her mum died, which is fine, but the comments about not wanting kids and Jordan having to accept that was 2-3 months before she got pregnant. Such odd behaviour.

I can see them moving back to Glasgow in 2 years tops. She has really lost her spark with content since having the baby and the move has made it even worse.

Reactions: 12
It’s another blog update with nice sentences and photos, that communicates very little beyond that which we know already - moving house is disruptive and wearing. Obviously much more disruptive and wearing for Kate than anybody else ever in the history of moving house, because aesthetics and visual harmony matter more to her than mere mortals.

Zero awareness of her privilege in being able to do so, and float around wearing free clothes, eating out half the week, having regular paid holidays in luxury hotels, and ‘work’ consisting of approving the colour If some embroidery.

Somebody should start a fundraiser.

Reactions: 15
Show me where I said that! Jord and Jordie give me the ick not nicknames in general. Maybe don’t make everything about you 😂
When did I make it about me? 💀
---
It’s another blog update with nice sentences and photos, that communicates very little beyond that which we know already - moving house is disruptive and wearing. Obviously much more disruptive and wearing for Kate than anybody else ever in the history of moving house, because aesthetics and visual harmony matter more to her than mere mortals.

Zero awareness of her privilege in being able to do so, and float around wearing free clothes, eating out half the week, having regular paid holidays in luxury hotels, and ‘work’ consisting of approving the colour If some embroidery.

Somebody should start a fundraiser.
It’s the ignorance about being able to rent WHILST buying a brand new house for me

She’s finally posted a bit of a house reveal:

There was only one house for sale in the whole of the UK that she even wanted to view?! Wow, and I thought I was fussy!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes. Being able to rent AND buy, while also financing a new business… and mix drinks and eat out and go to gorgy 🤮 hotels wearing fancy clothes every of weeks.

I mean it’s hard. She must be permanently frazzled with the stress of all that indulgence.

I don’t remotely begrudge any woman their success when they have been financially astute, but she has been very unlikeable for some time because of her smugness. She used to be mainly aspirational, but showed what seemed like authentic glimpses of a down to earth nice and funny person. Where did that go? I used to think yeah she’s a blogger but nobody could possibly dislike her, she’s so lovely.

Shopping, ads, freebies, luxury lifestyle. Knitwear, skincare, coffee, knitwear, skincare, coffee. She’s like an in flight magazine personified.

Reactions: 17