Kate Garraway #2 MBE - Milking Britain Endlessly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread time

1701778157086.png

Saint Kate got herself an MBE for services to Keeping Covid In The News, I think.
Collected various awards for caring, while having carers do all the looking after her husband; meanwhile the rest of the nation just quietly got on with looking after their sick partners.
Cashed in with various documentaries and books, all unfairly promoted by ITV, but then they stand to benefit too don't they.
Appears to be lucky enough to have the NHS on speed dial and is able to park Derek there at the drop of a hat.

I searched the last thread hard for a title suggestion but couldn't find one, if there is one then please alert a mod and mine can be replaced.

Previous thread here

Anyway today's news is that there's another chance to watch the BBC show "Walking with Kate Garraway" tonight. Sounds like an Alan Partridge programme suggestion to me. I imagine Derek doesn't walk with her. It was made in 2021 so she probably moans about him though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Her poor husband, he probably wakes up each morning and thinks “tit, I’m not dead yet “.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
You can bet whilst she’s holding a bedside vigil she has her notebook by her side and is on the phone to her publisher asking how much detail she should go into.
On the other side of this is a real human who is very ill and has been exploited by his own wife. I feel sorry for Derek that he has been unable to live with his health problems away from the spotlight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I mean, she does have to feed her kids though doesn’t she. I’m sure Derek would be happy to be able to contribute any way he can, I’d certainly let her write about my illness for cash for my family.
I’d be desperate for my partner and children to keep afloat financially if it were me.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Wishing Derek well but one has to wonder how the media gets hold of these stories so quickly.
---
I mean, she does have to feed her kids though doesn’t she. I’m sure Derek would be happy to be able to contribute any way he can, I’d certainly let her write about my illness for cash for my family.
I’d be desperate for my partner and children to keep afloat financially if it were me.
Come off it. She earns £500k a year just from GMB. I think she is ok to keep “keep afloat” without selling the poor guy’s soul.

Reactions: 44
Wishing Derek well but one has to wonder how the media gets hold of these stories so quickly.
It can only be coming from her or someone close to her and sadly I know which one I think it is. The week before Christmas, your husband and father of your teenage children has a heart attack and your first thought is to notify the press.

Reactions: 24
I would imagine a person would need express permission to film inside of an intensive care unit, so I don't think Good Morning Britain will be allowed to interview Kate beside Derek's bed during her 24hour vigil. It wouldn't surprise me though if negotiations are taking place as I type. I don't think the man is ever going to be allowed any diginity, even when he's gravely ill.

Reactions: 22
Maybe the media attention was more focused on the Luton Town footballer who had a heart attack on the pitch yesterday so Kate wished to publicise her own vigil so that the nation was fully aware of her plight?

Reactions: 7
Maybe the media attention was more focused on the Luton Town footballer who had a heart attack on the pitch yesterday so Kate wished to publicise her own vigil so that the nation was fully aware of her plight?
I always find it weird as well how the media insist on details such as she has cancelled all work commitments and is keeping a 24hr vigil. All of that goes without saying surely? It’s like it’s fed to them what a great wife she is and how dedicated she is.

Reactions: 16
It really is nauseating isn't it? Kate's Christmas Vigil must take centre stage.

Reactions: 9
I bet GMB goes full on with “oh noes we’ve had to drag in temporary presenters” tomorrow, in order to milk Kate’s absence for all it’s worth.

“Cancelled all her TV commitments” but still had time to talk to The Sun indeed.

Reactions: 10
I bet GMB goes full on with “oh noes we’ve had to drag in temporary presenters” tomorrow, in order to milk Kate’s absence for all it’s worth.

“Cancelled all her TV commitments” but still had time to talk to The Sun indeed.
It wouldn’t have made it better if she spoke to a different paper but they’re such a disgusting shitrag

Reactions: 12
So the press release was clearly sent at the same time to all the newspapers. I presume there is public interest in this story and Kate's life (!?), so given that, I don't have a problem with a statement being released, but clearly "Fighting for life" and "Keeping a vigil" were the phrases all outlets were told to use. Why not just issue a statement saying: "My husband has suffered a heart attack and we wish for privacy at this time"? Creating such unnecessary drama over this and using sensationalist terminology is so gross. At least to me. Ugh. She is utterly vile imo.

Image4.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.