Karmageddon feat. Tati, Jeffree Star, James Charles & Shane Dawson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it might be helpful to create a general thread for anyone wanting to discuss the drama!

Beauty YouTuber Tati Westbrook posted the following video, where you read a monologue that had been approved by her legal team:

Who is Tati?

Tati Westbrook is a well known American beauty guru. She two companies: Halo Beauty Vitamins and Tati Beauty. Fairly unscandelous as far as I'm aware apart from overuse of filter on her videos. Apart from this drama of course.

Who is Jeffree Star?

Influencer and cosmetic range owner Jeffree Star (often referred to as J*). J* has a depressingly high list of scandals and drama which can be found here. People believe he has escaped being "cancelled" and got through so much drama fairly unscathed because he holds so much power. The theories mostly centre around him having evidence he can use to blackmail other influencers, many also believe he is a co owner of cosmetics range Morphe. For awhile he was the highest subscribed to beauty channel, famous for saying phrases such as "can't relate" and generally being involved in drama, particularly with other brands.

Also credited with starting Dramageddon 1 which cancelled multiple youtubers and led to Laura Lee's infamous apology video. A summary can be found here
Who is James Charles?

James Charles is another beauty influencer that rose to fame quickly at a fairly young age. A couple of years ago he posted a photo of him retaking his senior yearbook photo with "extra" makeup. From there he just took off somehow, and became the face of CoverGirl. His YouTube is probably one of the fastest growing ever. He also has a Morphe collab in the form of a palette. James has had a fair few scandals including a tweet about Ebola, and generally seen as little obnoxious. Also famous for calling everyone "sister" i.e. "hi sisters"

Who is Shane Dawson?

Shane Dawson is one of the OG famous YouTubers. Originally making comedy videos he branched into a film, and then documentaries including conspiracy theories, and collabs with YouTubers including: Graveyard Girl, Eugenia Cooney, Jake Paul, and of course Jeffree Star. Shane has also had more than his fair share of scandals including paedophilic comments towards underage Willow Smith, creepy sexual comments about his cat, and blackface. He has recently made an apology video renouncing this.

How are they all connected?

James became friends with Tati when he was still a relatively small influencer. From there the friendship grew with her as a bit of a "mother" figure to him in the community, probably because of the difference in age and experience. They were pretty close with James doing Tati's make up for her wedding, and being invited to her birthday dinner.

Tati later befriended J* who then introduced her to Shane Dawson, who he was filming a documentary series with at the time. Shane and J* also collabed on a makeup palette called "conspiracy" due to Shane's famous youtube series.

J* seemed to perhaps be friends with James Charles, and helped run his merch line. He did however seem highly threatened by James' growing popularity which was starting to overtake his own.

Okay but why is any of this relevant?

Last year James promoted hair vitamin company Sugarbear Hair on his Instagram, in return for security at Coachella. This upset Tati as he had previously refused to promote her competitive brand Halo Beauty.

And thus began Dramageddon 2...

This in part led Tati to upload a video called "Bye Sister" in May which basically accused James of using his power to sexually abuse and harass others.

Because this is already such a long post and I'm too lazy to type anymore this article is a pretty good explanation : here

What now?

Karamageddon has started with Shane being cancelled
more people turning against J* and Tati uploading the above video explaining she was gaslit into uploading the video about James. And the drama's only just starting...

updated article about the “fall” of JS/SD -
A complete timeline of how the internet turned against top YouTubers Shane Dawson and Jeffree Star
https://www.insider.com/shane-dawso...-jeffree-star-drama-timeline-cancelled-2020-6

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 31
Below is a twitter thread with screenshots of Ryland's tweets. Ryland is Shane partner.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Don’t mind me, just over here constantly refreshing hoping for more tea 🐸☕

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I wonder if this will actually be the end of Jeffree Star or will he be ok as he always is? He’s a manipulative cockroach.

I feel for Tati, ridiculously melodramatic and the tweets were so silly but I believe her, she didn’t look well at all, Can’t imagine the stress of going up against jeffree star?

here for the tea on Instagram is a good account to follow for all of this btw!

Reactions: 27
I wonder if this will actually be the end of Jeffree Star or will he be ok as he always is? He’s a manipulative cockroach.

I feel for Tati, ridiculously melodramatic and the tweets were so silly but I believe her, she didn’t look well at all, Can’t imagine the stress of going up against jeffree star?

here for the tea on Instagram is a good account to follow for all of this btw!
I think the weird fetishisation of white gay men (I know Shane is bi) will unfortunately mean he’ll probably get to continue.

if he was a woman you can bet he would have been cancelled years back.

I also totally buy into the conspiracy theories about him having shares or part owning Morphe*, and having a lot of dirt on other influencers. He 110% has something on NikkieTutorials I’d bet money on it.

*Morphe stopped stocking Shane’s palette due to his past but are still selling J*’s range

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Do any of you guys think Tati is telling the truth? Or lying? I feel like she seems really scared in the video. And Shane kept saying how she was fake crying? But it seemed genuine not like some Laura lee tears 👀

Reactions: 14
Do any of you guys think Tati is telling the truth? Or lying? I feel like she seems really scared in the video. And Shane kept saying how she was fake crying? But it seemed genuine not like some Laura lee tears 👀
i really belive shes telling the truth, she does seem so scared, why else would she have pretty much disapeared for a whole year. i hope she can find peace but i think she bears a lot of guilt and is also terrified of what jeffree is capable of or says hes capable of

• Heart
I believe her.

I said in the Tati thread that Shane’s body language in his live was very telling. Both he and Ryland pacing around with hands on back of head, panting heavily, Shane with hands on his mouth chanting “oh my god”, shrieking “she’s not even crying real tears” (she was) These boys are scared of the truth to come out.

It’s going to be very interesting what happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Shane's hysterical reaction to the Tati video on IG Live.

I can’t stand James and I think he is A bit creepy towards straight guys, I think Tati, jeffree and Shane all got a bit miffed at how James was getting so popular, maybe they all bitched and moaned about him and riled each other up and turned his creepiness that was probably harmless but definitely distasteful into something bigger than it was? And then it escalated, sugar bear hair happened, Tati wanted to call James out, Shane and jeffree encouraged her? Just a theory (as Shane would say 🤣🤷‍♀️)

Shane definitely had some involvement as that reaction is insane

Reactions: 21
Tati is the one I dislike the most out of this all. I find her insincere and don't for a second buy her acting all innocent that she was fooled by "trusting the most respected documentary maker on YouTube" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 39
If she really has her legal team involved then she would be stupid to lie. It could back fire and then she would be in trouble.
It's just crazy that all these 30-40 year olds are behaving like bleeping idiots while James is living his life with no drama. I'd like to hear from Nate tho. Idk if he even remembers he was in a 'relationship' with J* or he was so high all the time he had no idea wtf was going on but I bet he has a few good stories. Ryland is freaking out because without Shane's money he has no reason to stay with him and God forbid he has to go back to work. Shane and Jeffree deserve each other.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I don’t know who I believe tbh. I actually don’t think I really care anymore tho; they all need to shut the duck up about it and move on. Wouldn’t think these were grown ass adults