Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These two are cringy but I really do enjoy watching them. I will never be able to travel the world so watching them is interesting and I love how respectful and educational they are about cultures. I am reading through these pages and praying they are not evil šŸ˜‚.

I think travelling is also there job in a way so even though it isnā€™t essential its nice for them to show people what covid life is like in other countries. You get so many celebs going abroad acting like entitled idiots all pandemic but these two you know would be respectful.

Also sorry but the van series are boring but I guess they had no choice really. Only van one I watched was the van and bus swap.
I agree with the van series, Iā€™m not really interested in going/seeing America so Iā€™ve not watched any. Though I havenā€™t watched any travel bloggers for a while when itā€™s all I used to watch really. It makes me sad watching them at the moment since I donā€™t see myself going anywhere soon

Reactions: 2
I used to watch these two for years it fell out of the habit around the end of 2018.

I started watching them again around the time they first bought the van as I was curious about how they would adapt to a Covid lifestyle. I didnā€™t last long.

What amazed me (having had time away from them) was that they have travelled to all of these countries over all of these years butā€¦ have seemingly experienced no personal growth whatsoever? Youā€™d think that two people from Middle America would change quite profoundly after being exposed to all of the wonders of the world. But no. They both have those saying ā€œnice but dim and a little bit entitledā€ personalities that they had since the very beginning.

I do often wonder how many friends they have. I donā€™t mean that in a pejorative way but they are on the road normally for about 11 or 12 months of the year with just each other for company. Obviously there are WhatsApp groups and whatever but what do they have in common with their friends from back home? What sort of small talk do they make? Have they ever explored this?

Reactions: 11
Oh wow !!

šŸ’Æ agree! What they miss about travelling is not the travelling part but the luxurious lunges , and first or business class cabins , and sponsored all
Inclusive resort stays !! Not the travel , learn , experience part of it at all !
Iā€™ve watched almost all K&N travels. I like both of them but there are some annoying behaviors. I donā€™t see Kara as spoiled but she and her dad are close. I think they are concervative in a lot of things. Kara takes a lot of flack from Nate that glossed over. He puts her down often then turn around and tells us how great he was for achieving something hard. Nate doesnā€™t even realize how stinging his digs are but they show on Karas face. I could go on but I donā€™t Shan to wear out my welcome! Please recommend some YouTube travel blogs. Thanks everyone

Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve watched almost all K&N travels. I like both of them but there are some annoying behaviors. I donā€™t see Kara as spoiled but she and her dad are close. I think they are concervative in a lot of things. Kara takes a lot of flack from Nate that glossed over. He puts her down often then turn around and tells us how great he was for achieving something hard. Nate doesnā€™t even realize how stinging his digs are but they show on Karas face. I could go on but I donā€™t Shan to wear out my welcome! Please recommend some YouTube travel blogs. Thanks everyone
I like flying the nest and endless adventure. I used to like the way away but they divorced so donā€™t do videos anymore, I think sheā€™s got her own channel now

Did you watch the boundary water canoe one recently when Kara was trying to carry the canoe and she sort of stumbled in the water the first thing Nate said was watch the electronic bag!! He did put a clip in just after saying he felt bad he didn't ask how she was first but yeah.

I do generally enjoy there videos though, I think they're really well edited and they make me want to go travelling so bad. I've been enjoying their van series as I've always wanted to go the USA and am seeing so many cool things.

I watch the endless adventure too and enjoy them. I watch funforlouis/ raya and Louis too and they're OK but prefer the other 2 I mentioned.

Yikes, I hope they're both ok and Nate makes a good recovery from his skin cancer.

Yikes, I hope they're both ok and Nate makes a good recovery from his skin cancer.
They've said in a pinned comment he's cancer free now.

But a paid promotion video? They've really sunk low. Used to love their travel videos but haven't watched since Covid. Can see I haven't been missing much

Disappointed to see their cancer story turned into a paid advertisement. It was an important message and they monetised it.

Reactions: 7
I just clicked on the channel for the first time in months, but havenā€™t watched any videos.

Iā€™m surprised that they appear to have kept up with the van thing for so long. Iā€™d have thought that they wouldā€™ve been on the next flight away as soon as things got more relaxed.

I just clicked on the channel for the first time in months, but havenā€™t watched any videos.

Iā€™m surprised that they appear to have kept up with the van thing for so long. Iā€™d have thought that they wouldā€™ve been on the next flight away as soon as things got more relaxed.
Kara is currently back home and Nate is doing a marathon in Greece.

How unusual that they didnā€™t go to Greece together
She was back home for her cousin's wedding and then to see her newborn nephew, I think that seems fair rather than following Nate around like a lost puppy whilst he does what he wants again.

How unusual that they didnā€™t go to Greece together
I think they did go to Greece together. I'm pretty sure they went with some of their employees (?) from faredrop but Kara went home early for her cousins wedding like @ECH said and Nate stayed to do the marathon.

Did anyone else find there last video strange? Nate experienced a pure, authentic travel experience (for once) and seemed so awkward and to absolutely hate it! I feel like their passion for travel and what it means has completely vanished after they set their goal to visit 100 countries - itā€™s so sad! :(

Did anyone else find there last video strange? Nate experienced a pure, authentic travel experience (for once) and seemed so awkward and to absolutely hate it! I feel like their passion for travel and what it means has completely vanished after they set their goal to visit 100 countries - itā€™s so sad! :(

I actually like them. I thought he was just lost without Kara being there and at the end was pretty emotional. Eamon & Bec on the other hand I just cannot warm to

I actually like them. I thought he was just lost without Kara being there and at the end was pretty emotional. Eamon & Bec on the other hand I just cannot warm to
Yeah I just can't warm to Eamon and Bec either. I'm not sure what it is exactly but Bec especially just seems so over the top and dramatic. I love watching Kinging It, Kara and Nate and The Endless Adventure.

Did anyone used to watch The Way Away?

If you didnā€™t, they were this southern US Christian couple who would travel the world. The girl (Ashley, I think her name was) seemed a bit nice but dim. They were childhood sweethearts I think.

Sadly, the channel went silent all of a sudden and it all came out a few months later that the husband had come out as transgender! I think she (the husband) posts all these sultry photos on social media now whilst the wife has started a new channel attempting to go solo.

They did a colab video with Kara and Nate at one point (pre-transition).

I started watching them again over the weekend and, lo and behold, they have just uploaded a video saying that they are getting rid of the van and going back to international travel.

Hopefully this is the beginning of much more exciting content. I could never really get into the van videos but I might give them a second chance now I know that is a definite end point.

I started watching them again over the weekend and, lo and behold, they have just uploaded a video saying that they are getting rid of the van and going back to international travel.

Hopefully this is the beginning of much more exciting content. I could never really get into the van videos but I might give them a second chance now I know that is a definite end point.
Same for me, I used to watch a few travel YouTubers but never got into van videos which most of them ended up doing. The only van videos I watched were the endless adventure but thatā€™s when they were renovating their van rather than traveling in it.

The only van videos I watched were the endless adventure but thatā€™s when they were renovating their van rather than traveling in it.
Are you me?! I found their van renovation videos really interesting but stopped as soon as they started driving it.

Theyā€™re nice people but not as compelling as K&N.