Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I truly don't mind the more expensive/exclusive travel videos as I don't just watch for what I could do, I watch to see what exists and happy to vicariously experience. But the entitlement/attitudes are gross.

Reactions: 2
I'm so tired of these American (and a few Canadian) travel vloggers who go to countries where masks are still very much in use but they refuse to wear them. I don't care if the mask muffles their voices, be respectful to the countries you're visiting and the people who live there and put on an mf-ing mask.
I've also noticed these travel vloggers mysteriously disappearing for a week or two, then claiming they they "took some time off" or "were feeling tired", then they let it slip that they actually had Covid. Yeah, when you're traveling all over and refuse to wear masks, what do you think is going to happen :rolleyes: And I get that wearing a mask is more to protect others than yourself but it's still a layer of protection they're not using. Except when they're forced to.
Nate mentioned that masks are "still a thing" in Japan yet they still didn't wear them in a lot of places where everyone else was. Even on public transportation.
You would think they'd notice they're the ONLY people not wearing them but either they don't care or they think they're entitled to not wear one because they're filming. It's so disrespectful.
One couple I do enjoy watching is One Pack Wanderers. They seem like a nice, down to earth couple. Although they have also been guilty of not wearing masks in countries where they're still widely in use and also got Covid in a foreign country. So there's a bit of that entitled attitude but I like them because they truly seem to be on a budget and like to immerse themselves in the countries they visit. Not just hitting the "touristy" spots.

Reactions: 8
I'm so tired of these American (and a few Canadian) travel vloggers who go to countries where masks are still very much in use but they refuse to wear them. I don't care if the mask muffles their voices, be respectful to the countries you're visiting and the people who live there and put on an mf-ing mask.
I've also noticed these travel vloggers mysteriously disappearing for a week or two, then claiming they they "took some time off" or "were feeling tired", then they let it slip that they actually had Covid. Yeah, when you're traveling all over and refuse to wear masks, what do you think is going to happen :rolleyes: And I get that wearing a mask is more to protect others than yourself but it's still a layer of protection they're not using. Except when they're forced to.
Nate mentioned that masks are "still a thing" in Japan yet they still didn't wear them in a lot of places where everyone else was. Even on public transportation.
You would think they'd notice they're the ONLY people not wearing them but either they don't care or they think they're entitled to not wear one because they're filming. It's so disrespectful.
One couple I do enjoy watching is One Pack Wanderers. They seem like a nice, down to earth couple. Although they have also been guilty of not wearing masks in countries where they're still widely in use and also got Covid in a foreign country. So there's a bit of that entitled attitude but I like them because they truly seem to be on a budget and like to immerse themselves in the countries they visit. Not just hitting the "touristy" spots.
Yes agree! It really annoys me when vloggers (K&N but also looking at Flying the Nest) are talking into the camera and either their mask is under their nose/halfway off their lip or they've stuck it under their chin, or they've unhooked a side. They plainly know they should be wearing it, due to the existence of it around/on their face. You're right, they think they have special privileges to take them off or something but it doesn't muffle the sound enough for that and if it does, just subtitle those parts. They manage to subtitle when there's wind or other interference so I know they know how.

I’ve unsubscribed to K&N recently because of their complete unreliability now. So many people are struggling in this economy and they’re constantly posting about first class accommodations which they either use points for or money made from their viewers. It’s all gone to their tiny brains. I’m of the opinion that most influencers are narcissists anyway, so …

On a different note, I looked for a thread on Eamon and Bec but none to be found. I would make one but can’t figure out how. Does anyone care to comment on their potential move to Mexico? I personally find it both stupid and entitled all at once. Gentrification and colonialism come to mind. So many issues really. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
I’ve unsubscribed to K&N recently because of their complete unreliability now. So many people are struggling in this economy and they’re constantly posting about first class accommodations which they either use points for or money made from their viewers. It’s all gone to their tiny brains. I’m of the opinion that most influencers are narcissists anyway, so …

On a different note, I looked for a thread on Eamon and Bec but none to be found. I would make one but can’t figure out how. Does anyone care to comment on their potential move to Mexico? I personally find it both stupid and entitled all at once. Gentrification and colonialism come to mind. So many issues really. 🤷‍♀️
Completely agree with K&N. I unsubcribed too. Same luxury videos over and over.
I don't agree with Eamon and Bec. I actually am really happy for them after all they have been through. I think you can see the gratitude in everything now, especially with Bec even with little things. I can't comment on gentrification as I know nothing about the area or the locals, and I moved to a country that was colonized but Kara and Nate have definitely changed in the last year or so. Glad I'm not the only one who had enough

Eamon and Bec lost me when she participated in the cancer run and then found out afterwards she was Covid positive. Some of the participants said they were still in active cancer treatment and she was hugging and posing for pics with them. Did she notify the event organizers that she exposed all those people? I hope she did. And then Eamon gets in an airplane despite obviously sharing a bed with his Covid positive wife, rides in a van with Louis and Raya and only after arriving at the boat dock tests himself. Of course he's also positive, which meant he exposed pregnant Raya. And then instead of worrying about that he feels sorry for himself. Super irresponsible and selfish.
I do hope Bec remains healthy, but I'm not goi g to support their channel.
As for K & N, they keep saying they use points to upgrade and pay for all their luxury travel, but don't you have to charge a crap ton to those credit cards to earn points? So you end up with a massive credit card bill to pay. That doesn't seem like a good way to save money IMO.

Reactions: 6
I definitely think “we upgraded with points” can be code for “the airline gave us an upgrade” and it annoys the crap out of me. As @DA Stella said in order to have enough points to (regularly!) upgrade to freaking first class they would need to be spending a crap ton of money with their credit cards. Seeing as most of their trips nowadays are gifted, they don’t pay off a car or anything like that I really don’t see how they can possible have that many points

Eamon and Bec lost me when she participated in the cancer run and then found out afterwards she was Covid positive. Some of the participants said they were still in active cancer treatment and she was hugging and posing for pics with them. Did she notify the event organizers that she exposed all those people? I hope she did. And then Eamon gets in an airplane despite obviously sharing a bed with his Covid positive wife, rides in a van with Louis and Raya and only after arriving at the boat dock tests himself. Of course he's also positive, which meant he exposed pregnant Raya. And then instead of worrying about that he feels sorry for himself. Super irresponsible and selfish.
I do hope Bec remains healthy, but I'm not goi g to support their channel.
As for K & N, they keep saying they use points to upgrade and pay for all their luxury travel, but don't you have to charge a crap ton to those credit cards to earn points? So you end up with a massive credit card bill to pay. That doesn't seem like a good way to save money IMO.
And didn’t they just sign up to yet another credit card just to get more sign up points.
So that kind of sh!t is not good for anyone. Basically telling people sign up to heaps of credit cards and spend Al this money and you’ll get heaps of travel points!! Idiots

Reactions: 3
My bank is offering me 60,000 points if I apply for their credit card and charge $4000 to the card in the first two months. Um, how does that benefit me exactly? I would be paying interest up the wazoo. That's a hell no.
That is not a "travel hack" IMO.

Reactions: 5
My bank is offering me 60,000 points if I apply for their credit card and charge $4000 to the card in the first two months. Um, how does that benefit me exactly? I would be paying interest up the wazoo. That's a hell no.
The expectation with reward cards is that you would pay off that balance each month. Meaning, if you are normally spending $4000 with cash or debit card, then instead just charge it to the card and pay it off. Of course the bank hopes you don't and the bank makes money to pay for the points from both interest and merchant transaction fees.

I’ve done this a bunch of times and used the points for travel. The key is paying your credit cards off each month.

I don't spend $2k per month on whatever so it would never work for me. But I'm sure there's probably a lot of people who do and it works for them.

And, there they are again in Japan with literally everyone around them wearing masks but no masks on them! No consideration whatsoever for the people who actually live in Japan, those who make them food, serve them, transport them...just so self centered.
I actually think they have some good content but I get so aggravated by their entitled attitudes. And Kara's voice screeching "I'M SO PROUD OF YOOOUUUUUU!!!" Ugh.
Maybe I just need to stop watching?

Reactions: 7
Yeah I watched the bullet train video and then tapped out and unsubscribed. I can't handle the lack of respect and I won't contribute to their income anymore.

I’ve gone off them so much, they are white privilege at its finest - life is just peachy for them and they seem to oblivious of what is going on in the world around them and contributing to climate change while their at it.

Oof, I didn't realize they did the exact same video with the exact same camper (maybe a slightly more expensive model) exactly a year ago.
Definitely doing it for sponsorship $$.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Oof, I didn't realize they did the exact same video with the exact same camper (maybe a slightly more expensive model) exactly a year ago.
Definitely doing it for sponsorship $$.
Couldn't be, I don't see where they disclosed it was a paid sponsorship!

Just looked at the channel and the original Earthroamer video has their most views. Unsurprising they've gone back.