Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m finding them incredibly annoying and smug right now, they need to get over themselves.

Reactions: 3
I said it a few weeks ago when every second video was on a boat and now every second video is first class. I think they will lose a lot or subscribers. I used to watch all their videos but I'm finding myself skipping more and more every month because it's the same crap. I'm not begrudging the first class at all, we just don't need to see 10 videos a year of you sitting in the lounge, then running for the flight you're about to miss, sitting on a seat ordering food and drink from the menu?

Reactions: 4
Their obsession with airport lounges has always confused me.

It is literally a room in an airport with some sofas and a mid-range buffet. You would think these people were born homeless, given the way they would speak about these places in such ecstatic tones.

Reactions: 6
Why do I feel like they'll be 'inspired' to do their own big screen documentary now after seeing another Youtuber succeed with it?
Not sure they're capable of coming up with content that isn't first class travel or their tired highest/ biggest/ longest/ most expensive concepts.

Reactions: 2
Why do I feel like they'll be 'inspired' to do their own big screen documentary now after seeing another Youtuber succeed with it?
Not sure they're capable of coming up with content that isn't first class travel or their tired highest/ biggest/ longest/ most expensive concepts.
After their 100 country documentary debacle I seriously doubt it! Plus the ironman is something truly challenging and therefor worth a documentary. They just travel, which anyone can do if they have the money (or sell their lives and privacy online)

So I just watched their video "we paid $72 for this first class suite" (I know I'm behind haha) and how are they so unprepared?! The whole visa debacle we already discussed but on top of that Nate didn't know they couldn't take a drone to the UAE, the video before they went to the tallest train station in Europe without doing any research. I just find it crazy travelling is literally their job and they just don't do any research? I commented on the funforlouis thread about his electric van life series and a similar level of unpreparedness but seriously!!

Screenshot_20230109-102825.png

Just some of the comments on their latest story

I miss their budget backpacking days.

They can make videos on whatever they want but they should realise that a lot of people won't like their move into luxury travel.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
View attachment 1868090

Just some of the comments on their latest story

I miss their budget backpacking days.

They can make videos on whatever they want but they should realise that a lot of people won't like their move into luxury travel.
I completely agree with all these comments. No one is begrudging success but honestly how many of us fly business class, or take luxury trains or vacations? I can't be the only one who wants a nice affordable vacation. Most people are struggling now so I think a lot of people are and will be travelling a lot less. But having said that I just looked at their most recent videos and the are still getting an insane amount of views? Maybe it's just me who is hating this content 😅

Reactions: 4
I think a lot of the luxury travel is them pushing their faredrop website and all their tips on using credit cards and airline points to pay very little for flights etc. it doesn’t come across that way to people though (and outside of America getting airline points on credit cards isn’t very common).

We lived in NZ for years and have friends and family there. We haven’t been back in a long time as we’d be paying for a family of 4 and it is just too costly. I’ve done that emirates Auckland to Dubai 17 hour flight a few times, stuffed in a seat in economy so it didn’t feel great watching them celebrate their first class seats when I’d love it if we could even go economy to visit the people we love.

I’m not begrudging them, they can do what they want but it’s not inspirational for me, just depressing to watch.

Oh and I’ve just seen the latest swimming with orcas boat trip 🙄 all those kind of trips they go on are sponsored. They are not paying for them.

Again, good for them if they have managed to travel the world getting freebies but it’s not something I want to spend my precious free time watching.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don’t mind them luxury videos as I know I’lol never be able to do it (unless I win the lottery 😂). So I find it interesting to see what you get for in these luxury things. I think it would be good if they do a mixture of both. Maybe say a week of luxury followed by a week of not or similar

I have watched a lot of their videos and while I am sure that they are lovely people, I find Kara really annoying. I also wonder, do they ever go home and spend time with their families and friends? And while I think that what they are doing is cool, it is not for me and it looks exhausting sometimes.

I have watched a lot of their videos and while I am sure that they are lovely people, I find Kara really annoying. I also wonder, do they ever go home and spend time with their families and friends? And while I think that what they are doing is cool, it is not for me and it looks exhausting sometimes.
I think they recently went home for a short time and also just spent two weeks I think in New Zealand with Kara’s sister, brother in law and nephew.
Other travel YouTubers seem to do group trips with followers I don’t think they’ve ever done one(?) (flying the nest, endless adventure and backpacking bananas have all done them). I guess Kara and Nate are the most followed so probably don’t need to do these for extra money

Reactions: 1
I think they recently went home for a short time and also just spent two weeks I think in New Zealand with Kara’s sister, brother in law and nephew.
Other travel YouTubers seem to do group trips with followers I don’t think they’ve ever done one(?) (flying the nest, endless adventure and backpacking bananas have all done them). I guess Kara and Nate are the most followed so probably don’t need to do these for extra money
They did like a group stay and vespa thing in Italy before and maybe something else that I can't remember now

Reactions: 1
I’ve just unfollowed Kara and Nate, I can no longer tolerate how fake and smug they have become. We’re in a cost of living crisis and their basically showing off travelling around the world in first class and luxury, it’s not reality they really need to wake up and start smelling the coffee instead of drinking it.

Reactions: 8
Another train video 🙄 How many train, boat and first class videos can 2 people do ? How are people watching the same thing over and over ?

Reactions: 5
I used to watch all their videos. I haven't seen a single one in a while, they just don't appeal to me anymore.

They bothered me enough today to comment on here. I watched the latest Ice Hotel/train video. I am actually really bothered by the fact that they blatantly insulted the artist of their ice hotel room. Firstly by building up to their room by visiting all the others first and then showing absolute disappointment when they walked in. Not only that but pointing out "oh this other couple walked out a few seconds later too". Then by looking up the room details and interpreting "potential" for "unfinished" ~"like I said"~ says Kara. Then when given the chance, immediately changing room. Yes, art is subjective, and they think they've covered themselves by mentioning that in the video, but the manner in which they did all those things was rude af in my opinion. There are classier ways to talk about your individual tastes and preferences.

Reactions: 5
They bothered me enough today to comment on here. I watched the latest Ice Hotel/train video. I am actually really bothered by the fact that they blatantly insulted the artist of their ice hotel room. Firstly by building up to their room by visiting all the others first and then showing absolute disappointment when they walked in. Not only that but pointing out "oh this other couple walked out a few seconds later too". Then by looking up the room details and interpreting "potential" for "unfinished" ~"like I said"~ says Kara. Then when given the chance, immediately changing room. Yes, art is subjective, and they think they've covered themselves by mentioning that in the video, but the manner in which they did all those things was rude af in my opinion. There are classier ways to talk about your individual tastes and preferences.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

I used to love their videos when they were on a budget and visiting places I've never even heard of. But recently, their content has become more and more inaccessible, and their attitudes have become increasingly entitled as time goes on. Kara is particularly bad, she just comes across as a spoilt brat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7