Kara and Nate

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg I knew it was an expensive trip but not that much!
Not sure if that is the same company but I’m guessing they got it for free - they thank the company at the end of the videos for “inviting them on board”, which implies it’s an ad. I wish they would be more explicit about it

Reactions: 3
I’m so glad I found this thread, I follow a few travelling vloggers and they’re always being reccomended. They kept rubbing me the wro mg way and recently the video about being fined for flying a drone in the national park came up, I was shocked to see how many people supported them considering how underfunded US national parks are - also there are several people who have vlogged in the national parks and done a good job of it, they’re just whiny and pathetic. Pay the commercial licence your making money off this content!

i keep reading a few of you talking about your dislike for van content, I’ve watched LOTS of it, and I think the big issue is that a lot of it isn’t authentic or that the parts that are grim are really glossed over. Every now and then people admit they haven’t showered for DAYS! Like I said I’m super into that sort of thing and RV travel, it takes a lot of work to make the vehicle capible of being off grid and sustaining you for more than a day or two - the biggest issue is keeping enough water and power, lots of people sing the praises of solar power but you have to sit on your panels like an expectant hen to make sure they’re charging

she is NOT going to be a lot of people here’s speed but Casey Roman is a great channel of you want to listen to someone talk about the reality of van life. She used to be a news presenter and lost her job, she panicked after seeing the devastation of a hurricane and sold a house she had renovated and decided to move into a van, she was meant to travel for three weeks but lived out of it for months (I believe to around a year). She doesn’t so much do these videos anymore but they’re still on her channel, the rants she did about van life were really good. She talked about how a lot of people try to sell an idea but have never actually lived in a van - she’s got me convinced half the van lifers I’ve seen don’t actually live in their van but just crash in it occasionally and must be using hotels or staying close to home/ friends and family. She talked about how trying to “stealth” in parking lots doesn’t work, she talks about how a lot of people in America living out of vehicles arnt doing it to be cute but because they’re in severe poverty

i will add she lives in South Carolina, she’s never said it but I believe that she’s a republican, she’s very pro police and very pro second amendment rights - especially for a woman travelling alone. I can put all that aside to listen to her because I find her really entertaining and I appreciate her honest perspective in these older videos but I know that’s a hard line no for some of you, also she swears a lot.

also I’m surprised noones mentioned them but Turn it up World are one of my faves, they do use their RV to travel but they don’t make constant content about their RV. One of their most recent videos was about Salem, MA and I thought it was really good, lots of history etc. They had asked your companies if they could film on their tours but were told no, so they did a foot tour instead but they made it really entertaining and talked through the history of the city and tried out some local food. They do make click baity titles and a lot of what they do is focused in vegas but I do find them funny and entertaining even though they’re a bit cringe

I was K & N and like them but my gosh do they piss me off when they are constantly late to board the plane because they wanted to go into the lounge! Like seriously!
also when Kara travel on her own for the first time and she cried like a baby and looked so lost.
Sooo many kiwis and aussies pack up and go travelling on their own to Europe all the time. They leave their families and friends and go explorer the world and work and live in completely different countries to their own. I would love to see K & N do this

Reactions: 1
I was K & N and like them but my gosh do they piss me off when they are constantly late to board the plane because they wanted to go into the lounge! Like seriously!
also when Kara travel on her own for the first time and she cried like a baby and looked so lost.
Sooo many kiwis and aussies pack up and go travelling on their own to Europe all the time. They leave their families and friends and go explorer the world and work and live in completely different countries to their own. I would love to see K & N do this
Ngl if I had entry to a lounge when I travel I would be in there living lavish until the last minute as well :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1
They just seem really unrelatable now. I don’t think they edit their videos anymore or at least not fully? Ads for clothing on IG.
They have obviously made a lot of money, i think they should justenjoy their lives away from social media now to be honest.

They just seem really unrelatable now. I don’t think they edit their videos anymore or at least not fully? Ads for clothing on IG.
They have obviously made a lot of money, i think they should justenjoy their lives away from social media now to be honest.
I used to love their travel videos when they were going to different countries, but I don't really watch or follow them anymore because they seem to be having these experiences that any normal person could never afford and so have lost that relatability.
Maybe I am just jealous 😂

I used to love their travel videos when they were going to different countries, but I don't really watch or follow them anymore because they seem to be having these experiences that any normal person could never afford and so have lost that relatability.
Maybe I am just jealous 😂
Most of the people follow travel vloggers because they do relatable things. Trips to places you might go some time, food that you might eat.
When they shifted to experiences that 99% of their viewers can't remotely afford they lost touch with their audience. Doing things like these once in a while is cool, but every time? And their crazy fitness focus now... no thanks!

I think it was the 100th country docu where they said that a video with the title "Nate stabbed his toe" got massive views while the next one - a sponsored luxury trip - didn't even get close to that number and it made them realize viewers prefer relatable videos to 5 star experiences and they would do those sponsored stays every now and then going forward but not frequently.

20k per night Orient Express, 40k luxury cruise and now two weeks on a private yacht... I guess they've given up pretending and are just doing luxury travel now with the odd physical challenge Nate wants to do.

Reactions: 2
I used to love them because they were travelling on a budget and made all those foreign places seem accessible. Now it’s not like that but I totally understand that their brand has expanded.

Well they got the tickets plus an extra for someone to help them make a video about football
Why on earth would I want to watch a video about football from two Americans who never showed an interest nor special knowledge on the subject?
Even if they’ll get some Spaniard to help explain some things I can guarantee they’ll get stuff completely wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Glad I found this thread.

I have followed Kara and Nate since the start of their 100 country journey and in the early days I thought they were great and their content was very consistent and enjoyable.
Over time I noticed that Nate seems quite controlling and quite tight with money (yes I do appreciate we have to tighten our belts at the moment but you know what I mean)

Kara, she’s just to sweet to be wholesome - no one can be that happy and bubbly all the time. Please spare me the tears and unwillingness to travel on her own with Nate - you’re a grown woman you have to do things alone it’s a part of live.

They just try to be picture perfect content creators all the time and that’s not realistic which has made me lose interest in them.

Sorry I had to vent there!

"happy to pay" - As if that shouldn't be a given considering how much tickets to that match are worth and it's been sold out for months but I guess as an influencer, your first assumption is to get it for free
thing is they’re loaded. If they want to go to that match they can get tickets, I used to be a PA to a barrister and when he wanted something he could always get it, even if it was sold out, because he was prepared to cough up the cash. They’re hoping to get it for cheeper or for free.

Why on earth would I want to watch a video about football from two Americans who never showed an interest nor special knowledge on the subject?
Even if they’ll get some Spaniard to help explain some things I can guarantee they’ll get stuff completely wrong.
This just makes me cringe. They’re proberbly hoping some Spaniard will duck off going with two mates and give them their tickets and explain the whole game to them. Embaressing

also, someone else pointed out above how most people arnt watching them for luxury content. There are people on YouTube who post strictly luxury content and get tones of views, the difference is that these two have marketed themselves as more down to earth and relatable. If they want to just do luxury content now then that’s fine, they could just make a video with some bullshit like “we feel like we’re done with budget friendly options as when we started we were only in a position to do that and we really want to pivot into doing more luxury based travel”. Sure some people would be upset about it but they wouldn’t be the first channel I’ve seen do that.

It’s still the endless air travel that gets me. So this week flew to Madrid then flew to Munich and now driven to Austria for a week then flying business class to India for a week then back here to Norway! There are families trying to be more environmentally friendly and reduce air travel and then you see these two flaunt it.
Also advertising rules are strict for uk influencers so it’s weird not to see the transparency of their travel. I’m assuming they are doing these back to back world wide trips as their sponsors have requested specific dates but they don’t explain any of this.

I'm actually starting to prefer Eamon & Bec now. I don't mind Kara and Nate flying because that's what the channel always was but for me it's the countless "living on a boat for 24 hours", "living on a boat for 72 hours", "living on a boat for a week". If I see one more boat related video 😅

& I get they have money now but again I don't need to see the business class on every flight or the lounge. I know some people watch it because they like to dream but I've no interest in something like that. I'd much rather see a weekend in a city with a gorgeous yet affordable hidden gem hotel,restaurant recommendations for cities, things to do that are maybe outside the norm. I don't want to see someone rate champagne on a flight or 10 minutes sitting chatting in a lounge & then running for the flight

Reactions: 6