Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thuderfly

She wrote herself a message yesterday saying she is one of the most relatable influencers out there. Hahahahaha
Ive been waiting for this thread for so so long!

I have so many issues with her:

Preying on vulnerable sleep deprived parents for extortionate fees for her method, which btw she has zero scientific backing for.

She aligns herself with registered medical practitioners to make herself seem credible, often comparing herself to a doctor which is so laughable because aside from a good helping of business acumen, she really is thick as shit.

All of the ‘evidence’ she cites is totally flawed and has zero scientific validity or applicability. There is a reason that sleep consultancy is not a proper registered health care profession like nursing, medicine, physio etc. Because it’s absolute bullshit. It might work for some babies, but I think that is purely down to luck and how much you wear down your babies stamina or your babies character.

I am obviously biased as a crunchy attachment parent who is totally led by my child. I cast no judgement on those who sleep train, because you know your baby best. I do however take issue with unqualified individuals making hugely problematic claims. She has a minimal qualifications (think a couple of day courses) and has paid for membership to some paediatric sleep groups which require zero evidence of qualifications. Again to seem credible, but has actually no basis for her claims of being an expert.

Also I remember a year or so ago a qualified lactation consultant called her out for making some video about sleep and autism when she is totally unqualified to do so. Just chill mama sent this qualified lactation a load of legal threats which was just quite hilarious. All she did was ask about her qualifications to advise on autism.

I am deeply saddened by her following in many ways, because this is all snake oil salesmanship dressed up as a wannabe health care professional.

I’ve watched her try to explain the science behind some of the tragic research she tries to cite to seem evidence based, and it is a car crash- she clearly has no comprehension of how to rank scientific evidence.

She is not at all relatable to me, just desperate to align herself with celebs and the medical professionals she wishes she was.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

FakeSmile

VIP Member
Her main goal in life is to be a celeb rather than genuinely helping people. The way she comments on z lister Instagram pages to be noticed is embarrassing.

It also really angers me how she seemingly gifts all of these instagrammers her services when she charges £500 to people that may be at their lowest ebb with sleep deprivation.

Reactions: 10

Eyeofthetiger

VIP Member
Oh Kate lawler has just tagged just chill mama in a post saying it’s all down to her that her baby has finally gone down tonight. What a coincidence 😂😂 maybe not such a relatable mum after all

And rosey has just done a whole story justifying why Noa (Kates baby) isn’t sleeping … a blip apparently 😂
I wouldn’t exactly call Kate realistic as she hates her child, and just chill is desperate to be an insta whore. Talentless, the lot of them

Reactions: 7

Eyeofthetiger

VIP Member
One of NCT moms I had ‘made friends’ with ferberised her child. Apparently she slept 7-7 and was a dream in all other aspects. She made me feel like I was struggling with everything (which I was) and kept telling me to sleep train. It was only when my husband spoke to her partner that the truth came out. They both had wildly different versions of the sleep situation. People lie.
A friend of a friend had a baby the same time as me and her child was sleep trained from a stupidly early age and slept 400 hours a day. I was back at work feeling exhausted when her child hit a sleep regression and couldn’t be comforted as she had been trained to be alone at night. Sleeping 12 hours turned into screaming for 12 hours and screaming even more if someone tried to comfort her. Makes me so disgusted in sleep trainers. This girl even asked for noise cancelling ear plugs for When her baby was 3 weeks old!

• Wow
Reactions: 7

Ashad

Chatty Member
I would rather just give my little one a cuddle knowing it will get her down. I read her advice and would try to do the whole put her down whilst awake blah blah but it was just stressing us both out. I just hate when people tell me to sleep train. Can I just complain that I am tired please 🤔🤦🏽‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
Quiet on here but had to share I bought x2 of her courses. It’s almost gotten worse! My daughter used to wake 4am on the dot, I’d bring her into bed and she’d sleep until 6/7. Since the course she was pinging awake at 4/5am and couldn’t be cuddled back to sleep. I was unsure if she needed less sleep but the course said “tweak naps” and all reviews used the word “tweak”. Well nothing worked and we’re back to co sleeping because at least we now both sleep until 6/7.
i can’t stand her smug little face and her mouth drives me up the wall

• Angry
  • Wow

Cereal Killer

Chatty Member
“I can’t read all of your DMs”.

When a blue tick mummy influencer/z lister sends her a DM, she has no trouble responding to that and gifting her services.

PorkyPie

A bedtime routine for her 5 week old baby 🤯 my 7 week old is still cluster feeding and fussy in the evenings - luckily I don’t feel the need to follow this advice but I feel for any first time mums who think that you need to have your new baby in a routine.

tivadiva

And just like magic she’s now commenting on all of Olivia Bowen’s posts since she announced her pregnancy. Such a predator.

JessieJe

Oh this woman! I hate her!

My 9 month old wakes every hour, she just wants the comfort. I get my sleep by going to bed as soon as she does. It is hard. But what is even harder is the idea that I am doing a bad job? That my baby should be sleeping through the night as apparently from 6 months onwards they should be.

I also hate the magic sleep fairy. Millie Mackintosh was going on about how babies don’t cry for no reason. And how if they are crying you need to ‘fix’ that. By medicating them and then teaching them not to cry?!?!

gift_me_hun

She pisses me off soooo much. I remember a while ago (I think when she was pregnant) she did a 'ask me anything' Q&A and one said along the lines of how to get their baby to sleep past 6am as it was too early for them. Rosie literally gave no help or advice and instead just replied saying 6am is normal and doesn't class it as an early wake. Fast forward to this morning, and her first stories are how 6am is too early and she's working on it 🙄.
I unfollowed her because I think she’s actually quite dangerous to mums mental health. She is such a liar…she also said she didn’t sleep train baby Beeeeeeeeeeee! Sorry what?! She’s been banging on about getting him to self settle since birth so how is that not sleep training? Leaving your baby to cry = sleep training. She really pisses me off.

Long term lurker on another thread here… But I saw the anonymous message calling her smug and figured she must have a tattle page so couldn’t resist
Her courses are an absolute con. I bought the 0-5 and 6-9 while I was pregnant when she was banging on about being “gentle” and “responsive”, I genuinely didn’t think she was a CIO sleep trainer! The 0-5 doesn’t contain anything more than what you can find for free, the section on the 4 month regression was a joke, essentially saying it won’t be an issue if your baby can fall asleep independently but NEWSFLASH that is a crock of shit. My baby could fall asleep independently, we practised since he was about 6 weeks old because she made me believe it was the holy grail of baby sleep so I missed out on so many newborn sleepy cuddles 😢 obviously the 4 month regression his us like a ton of bricks anyway. Fast forward to 6 months and I was relieved that I could start the next course and ‘fix’ his (perfectly normal) sleep with her magic methods only to find out it’s glorified (simplified!!!) Ferber. I felt so cheated! Not leaving them to cry you say Rosey? Lies. Not to mention the fact the courses clearly haven’t been proofread (so many grammar errors), are full of holes (give baby a comforter but take it away when they’re asleep so then they can’t recreate those falling asleep conditions on waking which is apparently paramount? Baby needs to be eating 3 solid meals a day, what 6 month old is? Many 7, 8, 9 month olds aren’t) and clearly not evidence based. Just absolute bullshit and it makes me so angry that she’s constantly pushing her courses down the throats of exhausted parents!
So if traditional sleep training isn’t your thing, don’t buy her course, give Lyndsey Hookway a follow on insta, she’s a paediatric nurse/health visitor/IBCLC (so actually qualified and knows the evidence, or lack of, inside out) and has written multiple brilliant books. Also secondstartotheright_sleep and littlenestsleep for normalising infant sleep and gentle tips. And if you do want to sleep train, don’t line that witch’s pockets, just look up Ferber on google 😅 attaching her 6-9 suggested routine and settling methods in case anyone is interested

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5

gift_me_hun

It makes me really sad when she talks about getting babies into a routine from birth and making them learn how to self settle. The baby has been all tucked up in the womb for 9 months and it must be bloody scary coming out into the big wide world. They need comforting and reassuring, not left to deal with it alone!
I totally agree. I think people like her strip the joy from new mums in some respects- they see her getting a newborn into a routine and think they have to do the same.

Beepbopbooploopdoop

She pisses me off soooo much. I remember a while ago (I think when she was pregnant) she did a 'ask me anything' Q&A and one said along the lines of how to get their baby to sleep past 6am as it was too early for them. Rosie literally gave no help or advice and instead just replied saying 6am is normal and doesn't class it as an early wake. Fast forward to this morning, and her first stories are how 6am is too early and she's working on it 🙄.

SassyLad8

The woman with a nanny, massive house in london and endless holidays is ranting about how cry it out is necessary and will save your life, that families can’t afford not to sleep train?

she really tries to pretend to be chill but gets so angry all the time about people sticking up for babies

Ashad

Chatty Member
She came up as an ad on my insta so I had to block it 😂 when I was a new mum googling sleep and newborn I had so many sleep training ads pop up everywhere. Its very easy to get sucked in to these £500 programmes. I would have bought magic beans if I thought it would help 😂

Ashad

Chatty Member
I did in a moment of desperation. Maybe it would be amazing for a mum with less common sense than me but there was nothing revolutionary or amazing in. her free stuff is often good advice though. I dont think she preaches the cry it out thing, she often says if co sleeping or whatever i working for you then do it BUT if your broken and need a change then try her methods. As you can tell it’s her association with sketchy celeb mums that really grates on me.
I think she just grates on me because my baby was a shite sleeper and I felt better mentally when I just rolled with it instead of trying to try all these different methods and sleep trainers advice-and I blocked her and she kept popping up on different influencer accounts 😂😂😂

I don’t get how it can work when her method seems to be treating babies like robots. No 2 babies are the same - I have 3 children and they’ve all been very different. Surely she’s not going to have a high success rate despite all of the DM screenshots of people fawning over her?
JustChillMama writes the DMs herself from fake accounts. The language is the same and you can hear her voice. Also things like repetitive use of the heart emoji x 3 (differing colours) gives her away.
She knows about this tattle thread. She wrote herself a message yesterday saying she is one of the most relatable influencers out there. Hahahahaha