Jonas Brothers and Wives

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because the court of public opinion is not always aligned with American courts. I think filing in Florida is likely to make it very tricky for Sophie. American courts are never big on their citizens being taken elsewhere and Florida has become very conservative
Sophie already registered the kids with Doctors, dentists and enrolled the eldest in a British nursery which she has been attending ad hoc. They also made plans to purchase a house Joe has taken the cowards way out instead of using his words. The children are dual British Citizens and he's withholding their passports. Sophie has been nothing but reasonable she has kept quiet and only pursuing it through the court.

Reactions: 17
Isn't it notoriously difficult for a father to get custody also? Doesn't the mother have to be bordering on negligent/abusive for any such cases to win? I'm not saying that's right, just isn't it the case?

Reactions: 1
Isn't it notoriously difficult for a father to get custody also? Doesn't the mother have to be bordering on negligent/abusive for any such cases to win? I'm not saying that's right, just isn't it the case?
I think people have said Florida (where Joe filed) is usually 50/50

Reactions: 3
I was probably thinking more that judge would still find for 50:50 but try to insist that that’s in the states as that’s where the proceedings will be and the kids are also American citizens. I can’t see many American judges forcing Joe to move to UK to share custody (or making kids travel between).

Reactions: 7
It's such a thoroughly awful situation. Those poor kids with two parents wanting to keep them in different continents away from the other parent they've had by their side their whole little lives :cry:

Reactions: 14
I don't get how 50/50 would even work when the eldest is due to start school in the next year?

Reactions: 8
I don't get how 50/50 would even work when the eldest is due to start school in the next year?
Hopefully it wouldn't and the Judge will see sense and let the kids go where they were supposed to with Sophie. I'm sure Joe and his multi millions can figure out a plan to see them for his half.

Reactions: 12
Joe can withdraw his consent for the England plan at anytime. Booked a place at a school for next year is unlikely to get an American judge to order that the children must move there against his wishes.
---
I can't see how he isn't fucked here.
I'm guessing you don't know anything about American courts!

When women request custody in divorce cases it’s usually cause they want the best for their kids

when Men do it it’s usually to stick it to the wife and try to make it as complicated as possible for them and thats what Joe is doing.

Reactions: 42
Joe can withdraw his consent for the England plan at anytime. Booked a place at a school for next year is unlikely to get an American judge to order that the children must move there against his wishes.
---

I'm guessing you don't know anything about American courts!
They, BOTH parents had planned a whole life there including schools, health plans and *very* recently purchasing a home. He has decided to divorce her via media and quite literally hold the children hostage. I don't have to know anything about American courts to know he's a slimeball and hopefully any judge will see the same. So it's ok for a judge to order the children to stay here against their mothers wishes? Honestly.

I was chatting to my American friend last night who is also a divorce and custody attorney and obviously I had to ask them about this 😂 It sounds like this isn't going to be as clear cut for Sophie getting full custody of the kids in England. They also don't believe she found out via the media - both she and her legal team would have been served with papers once Joe filed. Part of the provision of the Florida filing is that the kids remain in the US for the duration of the case so the Judge is very unlikely to allow the kids to return to England while this is all ongoing.

Either way, it sounds like this is going to get worse before it gets better. What a horrible situation for her.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I was chatting to my American friend last night who is also a divorce and custody attorney and obviously I had to ask them about this 😂 It sounds like this isn't going to be as clear cut for Sophie getting full custody of the kids in England. They also don't believe she found out via the media - both she and her legal team would have been served with papers once Joe filed. Part of the provision of the Florida filing is that the kids remain in the US for the duration of the case so the Judge is very unlikely to allow the kids to return to England while this is all ongoing.

Either way, it sounds like this is going to get worse before it gets better. What a horrible situation for her.
It's so awful. Can't imagine planning a whole life only to have your husband divorce you last minute and keep your kids from you.

I want to know what this argument was 3 days after she was last seen with him when she attended opening night of the tour. What one argument would make your marriage broken beyond repair? 🤔

Reactions: 15
I want to know what this argument was 3 days after she was last seen with him when she attended opening night of the tour. What one argument would make your marriage broken beyond repair? 🤔
Why are you upset I want to shag the nanny?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
This whole saga has put me off ever getting with a man from another country lol 😆 It seems so messy.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It's such a thoroughly awful situation. Those poor kids with two parents wanting to keep them in different continents away from the other parent they've had by their side their whole little lives :cry:
That wasn't the case to start though. Both parents agreed it would be in the best interests of the girls that they be raised and go to school in England. Plans had been made and agreed upon.

Both parents put their house in Miami on the market months ago (to the point it's sold and contacts are due to close in a couple of months) and both of them agreed to purchase a house in England and put an offer down on a house which is due to be completed in December.

Only one parent blindsided the other and it definitely wasn't Sophie.

That wasn't the case to start though. Both parents agreed it would be in the best interests of the girls that they be raised and go to school in England. Plans had been made and agreed upon.

Both parents put their house in Miami on the market months ago (to the point it's sold and contacts are due to close in a couple of months) and both of them agreed to purchase a house in England and put an offer down on a house which is due to be completed in December.

I think there's been a trigger Joe's found a thick bimbo gf to babysit the kids for him. He is obviously controlling and hates the fact Sophie is popular and successful. A deeply insecure man child, he got with her when she was very young and more easy to control now she's got her own opinions he hates it.

If he cares so much about the well-being of his children, why did he hide their passports and then parade them in front of the paparazzi? Make it make sense
The kids legally have to stay, it's in the court order. They also are with her and photographed with her by the paparazzi so how is he kidnapped anyone?

They're with her and courts said they have to stay in US until they work this out. Which is best for the kids, that they work it out.

I've literally defended Sophie this whole time. At literal no point have I said Joe isn't in the wrong here, he absolutely is, but it doesn't the fact this is a hot mess with two parents who want their kids in different continents. I am on Sophie's side here, but it's still a hard cold fact.

The kids legally have to stay, it's in the court order. They also are with her and photographed with her by the paparazzi so how is he kidnapped anyone?

They're with her and courts said they have to stay in US until they work this out. Which is best for the kids, that they work it out.
I never said he kidnapped them lol. I just commented on him hiding their passports.
She’s always tried to keep her kids out of the press, and then he takes them on a pap walk? They deserve better