Johnny Depp and Amber Heard #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
BIB - yes, & Whitney comes clean about lying. "I have a dream"

Reactions: 7
I don't think trials like this should be made public as I do not think it falls under the correct criteria. However I am very mindful as another post said about the perception of secrecy and possible corruption/ malfeasance when it's not made public. This is only heightened by decisions that are just plain wrong. For example the secrecy and media blackouts out of the Ghislaine Maxwell case. It only heightens public suspicion around the trials of the rich and powerful.

Reactions: 5
Apparently Jennifer Howell is facing some kind of a backlash (also IRS involved) & Ambers team appear to have instigated some of this, only caught the tail end of what the reporter said but hopefully someone else caught this in full?

They were saying that whoever loses might appeal.

Did he actually fall asleep? I know I did, listening to some of her experts!

criminal cases are treated differently to civil when it comes to what can be shown, it’s down to jurisdiction and the judges prerogative, a lot more at risk with the likes of GM and similar cases.

Judge apparently knew how popular it would be and how much of a stress it would put on their court room and officers so to make that easier she allowed it live with limited media inside and only 100 in the gallery.

good move I think.
plus I’d say depps team found a jurisdiction that would allow as much media exposure as possible, he wanted his story out.

Reactions: 14
Just confirmed Jeff Beck is playing again at the Royal Albert Hall so unlikely JD will fly back.

Reactions: 11
That's not surprising to me because I heard iO the same thing too and I also heard that Amber told them to do that. well at least that was the rumor that I heard.

Reactions: 3
There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Rupert Murdoch is one of the most dangerous men since Hitler. He holds so much power it is insane.

Reactions: 21
I accept that the judge ultimately makes decisions and that is her ultimate perogative. My issues stem from what I think is a lack of overall propriety in the courtroom where I felt she should have asserted a bit more authority. But I state its just my opinion.
I followed the NXIVM and will try to remember the judges name but he was fair, firm but standards were very high.

Reactions: 2
That's not surprising to me because I heard iO the same thing too and I also heard that Amber told them to do that. well at least that was the rumor that I heard.
Amber seems to be good at getting rid of metadata. A pity the court didn't get to read lots of her texts, ya know, level the text playing field!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.