Jessie Ware

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was the episode with Emerald Fennell from a few weeks back for me that I had to turn off. I didn’t really know much about Emerald Fennell but she came across so stuck up. I like when you get a guest you would maybe not pay much attention too normally, but from hearing them talk in a relaxed way with Jessie and Lennie it makes you want to find out more about them.

Has anyone listened to the latest episode with ruby wax, god I had to turn it off halfway through ruby is so bleeping awkward which I was surprised at
I found it awful too, was reminded about it as just watching Ruby on Loose Women now, she comes across as weirdly stuck up and patronising, constantly interupting etc. I have never really seen her comedy but she doesn't come across as funny at all

Reactions: 1
Oh crikey, this Ruby Wax episode is painful to listen to. Why do they keep posing questions about being Jewish when Ruby clearly states quite early on that she doesn’t identify with being Jewish?!

It was a total non-conversation between three people who don’t know how to listen so all just talked over each other. She actually fitted in quite well from that perspective.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Oh crikey, this Ruby Wax episode is painful to listen to. Why do they keep posing questions about being Jewish when Ruby clearly states quite early on that she doesn’t identify with being Jewish?!

It was a total non-conversation between three people who don’t know how to listen so all just talked over each other. She actually fitted in quite well from that perspective.
yeah it was in no way a conversation. I find the podcast pretty difficult to listen to generally but this was just another level

I really enjoyed the podcast but the last couple of series I haven't been able to listen to it. I still really enjoy Lenny's input but it's somehow become quite painful to listen to as you guys have said. During lockdown every Tom dick and Harry have been doing podcasts Nd I think this one has become a bit lost among so many comics ones

I've gone off listening as well. Now, I'll only listen if I really really like the guest- but that's not happened in a while.

Reactions: 2
Grace Dent comfort eating may be worth a listen for you , it’s really good 😊
i like off menu and out to lunch with jay rayner is good too. I don't mind comfort eating but I find Grace's voice really irritating 😂

i like off menu and out to lunch with jay rayner is good too. I don't mind comfort eating but I find Grace's voice really irritating 😂
Out to lunch is excellent. I know what you mean about her voice , but I like that she gives guests chance to speak. Table manners isn’t as good as Lenny constantly buts in IMO .

I’m sorry for bumping this thread but I’ve just finished Jessie Ware’s Omelette (her food memoir) and this passage intrigued me. Wonder who it’s about?
24E43531-C8A3-460B-95FD-7FC1CCC2B8C0.jpeg

• Wow
My initial thought would be Jack munroe for some reason. Anyone else think the same?
No, that was a special for some charity partnership so it has definitely been released.

It’s interesting to me that it was a Christmas meal so presumably was planned to be a big name guest for a special occasion… I’m pretty certain they have also said it was a man? I would say that their comment suggests a middle aged to older demographic, and a Brit…

No, that was a special for some charity partnership so it has definitely been released.

It’s interesting to me that it was a Christmas meal so presumably was planned to be a big name guest for a special occasion… I’m pretty certain they have also said it was a man? I would say that their comment suggests a middle aged to older demographic, and a Brit…
It would have been around December 2019, so maybe someone who was promoting something around then?

But as much as I’m curious, I don’t want to speculate too much. She talked about it in an interview and it’s clear she doesn’t want to name and shame him.

IMG_4704.jpeg

Also, I’m so glad this thread exists! I love her music, and her personality! I‘ve been a fan since Devotion 💖

It would have been around December 2019, so maybe someone who was promoting something around then?

But as much as I’m curious, I don’t want to speculate too much. She talked about it in an interview and it’s clear she doesn’t want to name and shame him.

View attachment 2308997

Also, I’m so glad this thread exists! I love her music, and her personality! I‘ve been a fan since Devotion 💖
I dot get why she wouldn't want to name and shame them as they sound awful 🤣

I dot get why she wouldn't want to name and shame them as they sound awful 🤣
The part of me that loves drama wishes she would, but she’s too classy for that, and also, it would put people off being guests in the future if they were worried about being called out themselves.

Reading ‘Omelette’ on holiday and I just love her references to Manchester/Judaism. I had my batmitzvah at the Italian restaurant on Cheetham Hill (no longer there unfortunately) and have definitive childhood memories of having freshly made ‘chopped and fried’ fish at my late nanny’s and grandma’s. So glad I brought this book away with me.