jessica__brennan - sister of Melanie Murphy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I finally watched Jessie's latest video with Melanie about getting older... did anyone else feel like it really underlined how vapid both of their content is? It's based on absolutely nothing. They're not using their expertise in any field or industry to make videos about, they don't have a particular theme to their videos. They don't do other work outside of influencing that they can use to inform their content. They don't even put lots of attention into cinematography or editing, and try to learn/teach people about that. All of their rambling in that video was such generic stuff they were passing off as great insight ("money doesn't actually have value... it's just paper we've decided is valuable..." "there's so much pressure for your twenties to be the best time of your life, but your thirties could also be better" "back in the olden good times people used to be so much more respected" blabla. So much vague nonsense).

When Jessie kept going on about her quarter life crisis, not having much direction in her life and not having met goals I kept thinking, yeah, her content really reflects that. Honestly I think she should probably be pursuing some kind of education or training now (as was also reflected by her asking Melanie if "Kilamanjara" is the tallest mountain in the world 🤦‍♀️) . If you're in your early/mid twenties and unsure of what to do with your life, that's the perfect thing to do; go out there and learn. You don't have to know everything yet, and sit around and stress about it what you haven't done, you can still develop yourself.

I don't know, I think Jessie is such an interesting example of why being an influencer is such a fragile profession to go into. It might involve some knowledge about how to manage social media accounts or pay your taxes, but other than that, what skills are you really developing? What are you learning about the world? It seems like such a fragile basket to put all of your eggs into.

Reactions: 8
I finally watched Jessie's latest video with Melanie about getting older... did anyone else feel like it really underlined how vapid both of their content is? It's based on absolutely nothing. They're not using their expertise in any field or industry to make videos about, they don't have a particular theme to their videos. They don't do other work outside of influencing that they can use to inform their content. They don't even put lots of attention into cinematography or editing, and try to learn/teach people about that. All of their rambling in that video was such generic stuff they were passing off as great insight ("money doesn't actually have value... it's just paper we've decided is valuable..." "there's so much pressure for your twenties to be the best time of your life, but your thirties could also be better" "back in the olden good times people used to be so much more respected" blabla. So much vague nonsense).

When Jessie kept going on about her quarter life crisis, not having much direction in her life and not having met goals I kept thinking, yeah, her content really reflects that. Honestly I think she should probably be pursuing some kind of education or training now (as was also reflected by her asking Melanie if "Kilamanjara" is the tallest mountain in the world 🤦‍♀️) . If you're in your early/mid twenties and unsure of what to do with your life, that's the perfect thing to do; go out there and learn. You don't have to know everything yet, and sit around and stress about it what you haven't done, you can still develop yourself.

I don't know, I think Jessie is such an interesting example of why being an influencer is such a fragile profession to go into. It might involve some knowledge about how to manage social media accounts or pay your taxes, but other than that, what skills are you really developing? What are you learning about the world? It seems like such a fragile basket to put all of your eggs into.
where did you find this video? Can’t see anything on her page

How did this happen the name of the thread has changed 🤣🤣 these are two different jesses

I don’t know how hard of a drug you mean by hard drugs here but I spent a similar amount of time on the fun stuff (weed, pills, acid) as did my friend group, very similar circles to Jess, and never was psychosis or paranoia a major event. And we could absolutely feel good when not high.

I don’t know maybe your drugs were harder than mine 😂 but I don’t think she’s on anything that bad. Totally appreciate that was your experience though.
I think most of Irelands millennial generation managed to go through a sesh phase without developing psychological issues.

Reactions: 2
someone has added two thread together these are two different people
This was t. Jess Brennan Irish influencer thread?

I saw her out last weekend absolutely off her head I didn’t know who it was at first looks completely differnt irl looks like her relationship offline isn’t as perfect her and dermed looked like they were killing each other and she was screaming like a lunatic!!!!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I saw her out last weekend absolutely off her head I didn’t know who it was at first looks completely differnt irl looks like her relationship offline isn’t as perfect her and dermed looked like they were killing each other and she was screaming like a lunatic!!!!
Omg where we’re they out

Reactions: 3
Used to be a big fan of her sister but over the years she’s began to get annoying thought Jessie seemed better than good oul Mel but clearly not both as bad as each othr🙄

I think Dermy hates her drinking that’s probably why her previous relationship ended but she’ll not see that.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I think Dermot hates her drinking that’s probably why her previous relationship ended but she’ll not see that.
Makes you want to unfollow all these social media people after seeing that clearly living a lye on their profiles!I couldn’t believe it I recognised him straight away from a distance would not have relised it was her at all

Makes you want to unfollow all these social media people after seeing that clearly living a lye on their profiles!I couldn’t believe it I recognised him straight away from a distance would not have relised it was her at all
Mad! How did she look different? Or was it just the fact she was locked?

Reactions: 1
Mad! How did she look different? Or was it just the fact she was locked?
They were a good bit away from us my friend pointed them out as she was making a good bit of a scene I recognised dermed from her posts and cracked on to who it was more the fact she was locked and actin manic i couldnt brlive it was her😳

Omg where we’re they out
Carrick on shannon

Last edited:
I think Dermy hates her drinking that’s probably why her previous relationship ended but she’ll not see that.
I wouldn’t like my partner drinking either if she turned into a physco but of course just like Mel shes probably the victim in whatever happened hope he gets away she sounds worse than her sister at this point.Thomas has it easy compared to him….

They were a good bit away from us my friend pointed them out as she was making a good bit of a scene I recognised dermed from her posts and cracked on to who it was more the fact she was locked and actin manic i couldnt brlive it was her😳

Carrick on shannon
Should’ve tried to get a video😂or asked for a picture she’d probably attack ya

Reactions: 4
In the past couple of years she’s appeared (from her videos, granted I don’t know her in real life) to be quite unhinged.

What grinds my gears is that her attitude to relationships- which she promotes as healthy- is actually the complete opposite. She’s big on self love which of course is cracking but she can’t seem to achieve that without bashing any areas of her past which don’t fit the current narrative of living her best life/best relationship.

Her ex clearly wasn’t into the social media lifestyle whereas the current one is/has been shoehorned into it so unfortunately, whilst she’s spouting on about how AWFUL her past relationship was and how wonderful it is that she’s found the love of her life (who messed her around in the past but we won’t mention that my beautiful friends), we don’t get her ex’s side of the story, god bless his soul, because she’s made him out to be the devil incarnate.

Granted, the odd video doesn’t give us a full insight into the lives of YouTubers but from what I’ve seen of Jessie, I’m being knocked sideways by the amount of red flags popping up 🚩 and that’s on HER.

Reactions: 11
In the past couple of years she’s appeared (from her videos, granted I don’t know her in real life) to be quite unhinged.

What grinds my gears is that her attitude to relationships- which she promotes as healthy- is actually the complete opposite. She’s big on self love which of course is cracking but she can’t seem to achieve that without bashing any areas of her past which don’t fit the current narrative of living her best life/best relationship.

Her ex clearly wasn’t into the social media lifestyle whereas the current one is/has been shoehorned into it so unfortunately, whilst she’s spouting on about how AWFUL her past relationship was and how wonderful it is that she’s found the love of her life (who messed her around in the past but we won’t mention that my beautiful friends), we don’t get her ex’s side of the story, god bless his soul, because she’s made him out to be the devil incarnate.

Granted, the odd video doesn’t give us a full insight into the lives of YouTubers but from what I’ve seen of Jessie, I’m being knocked sideways by the amount of red flags popping up 🚩 and that’s on HER.
I'd go as far as to say she's a functioning alcoholic ,in the couple of vids I watched she's certainly got a high tolerance for drink her current boyfriend can't stand being around her when she's drunk I'd say her ex was the same and that's what ended their relationship ,she's not a good drunk .

Reactions: 6
I'd go as far as to say she's a functioning alcoholic ,in the couple of vids I watched she's certainly got a high tolerance for drink her current boyfriend can't stand being around her when she's drunk I'd say her ex was the same and that's what ended their relationship ,she's not a good drunk .
Crikey. I wouldn’t go as far as to call her an alcoholic.

I only say this because my mum is an actual functioning alcoholic.

I might be wrong. After all, we only see roughly 20 minutes out of 24 hours of her day but I can safely say that fully blown alcoholism carries a few tell tale signs, non of which Jessie exhibits. Clearly she likes a drink and perhaps can’t handle her alcohol but I wouldn’t say she’s an alcoholic. My opinion, I might be wrong!

Reactions: 2
Crikey. I wouldn’t go as far as to call her an alcoholic.

I only say this because my mum is an actual functioning alcoholic.

I might be wrong. After all, we only see roughly 20 minutes out of 24 hours of her day but I can safely say that fully blown alcoholism carries a few tell tale signs, non of which Jessie exhibits. Clearly she likes a drink and perhaps can’t handle her alcohol but I wouldn’t say she’s an alcoholic. My opinion, I might be wrong!
I've got a few family members that are alcohol dependant ,even worked with an alcoholic and she's definitely got all the signs .

Reactions: 1
I've got a few family members that are alcohol dependant ,even worked with an alcoholic and she's definitely got all the signs .
There’s a significant different between being a bad drunk and an alcoholic.

Reactions: 4
There’s a significant different between being a bad drunk and an alcoholic.
I’m not talking about her being a bad drunk it’s her constant need for it that’s worrying, she can be falling down drunk and get up and go horse riding the next morning she’s got a good tolerance for it so must be a regular drinker, the mood swings kick in from time to time depending on how tit she’s feeling that day.

And yet she isn’t dismounting said horse for a quick top up. Yes bad drunk, not a full blown alcoholic. Let’s not exaggerate.
I don’t think I’m exaggerating I’ve mentioned it before