Jay Slater Teen Missing In Tenerife #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just watched that, another scolding from downtherapids!
How don’t the family have access to the GFM yet, that’s odd isn’t it. Is GFM holding out on them?
A while back someone shared the conditions for withdrawing money from a GFM, and I noticed that it said you need a bank account in the country the GFM was set up in. I wonder if that could be a hitch, as it was technically set up in Spain if Lucy set it up? But I may be clutching at straws, I don't know if where you literally are geographically/IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) has a bearing on it.

Reactions: 5
What’s the DWP protocol when a person on UC gets money via GoFundMe for a missing persons case? People have said Debbie is on UC and I don’t know if she is but it’s made me think what DWP would do in this case? Because it’s far over the 16k limit you have for UC but it is a rare and unusual situation to find yourself in.
I’d hope that the DWP wouldn’t penalise the person as long as they could prove the money that had been raised via GoFundMe etc was being used purely to help search for the missing loved one. But this is the DWP, they aren’t known for their kindness.
It affects UC
IMG_6535.png

Reactions: 3
All joking aside, I find this entire thing so sad. Looking at the evidence we do have about Jay, there's very little good - his life appears to have been drugs, wannabe gangsters and crime and now he seems to have come to a sticky end, one way or another. What a waste of a life. No idea what's really happened but he's either died out in the wilderness on a come down or he's fucked around and found out with the wrong people, either way the result is the same and there will be some who loved him and for whom life will never be the same again. As a mum of two boys, I genuinely can't comprehend why anyone wouldn't be going off their head at their son going missing, its one of my biggest fears in life. That's your heart walking around outside your body - or it should be - how do you not spend every waking hour scouring those hills for him yourself? I'll never get it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
DTR is DownTheRapids, a TikToker. He flew out to Masca and has been 'searching' day and night. Nobody is entirely sure how much searching he actually does as he's mostly doing TikToks of himself sat on a rock, and unless he's got miracle sunscreen, he hasn't especially caught the sun.
Could be a bleeping green screen for all we know or he's just cutting about in the garden section of his local B&Q.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Why do people want this to be a conspiracy so badly.

Nicola Bulley - everyone was convinced her husband did it
That glee actress where her little boy was found asleep in the boat: the glee fans went feral bombarding the police force with screen shots and theories and that ended up being a tragic accident
And princess Kate people were convinced that the royal family bumped her off and there was a massive conspiracy and she’s fine.
I find it such bizzare behaviour
Honestly? Aside from boredom and voyeurism, I think it scares people to realise how common place it is for things to go horribly wrong. A mum drops her kids off at school, walks the dogs where she always does and ends up drowned in the lake. A mum takes her little boy out on a boat trip and drowns, leaving him to watch his mum die, then left alone in the middle of a lake where (thank bleeping god) he was surprisingly found, safe. A young mum gets cancer, not long after her father in law is also diagnosed. A doctor who has spent his life trying to evade death and making (seemingly) all the right choices, perishes from a walk on holiday. A young lad is out partying with his friends, and has potentially gone the same way.

Normal people, normal choices, normal mistake, normal horrible luck. They are us and that scares people. It's easier to believe it's the mafia or something batshit to convince yourself it won't happen to you.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 122
Jays mum works in as school. As far as we know it’s full time and presumably she gets paid enough to not be entitled to UC. The idea she is some benefit scrounger seems to be pure classism!

Reactions: 56
The idea she is some benefit scrounger seems to be pure classism!
I would looooove to see a study on the effects of classism in a situation like this

They hardly handled this well but I suspect we’re judging them a lot harsher than we would a middle class person. Though the tabloids haven’t been that bad surprisingly

Reactions: 11
A while back someone shared the conditions for withdrawing money from a GFM, and I noticed that it said you need a bank account in the country the GFM was set up in. I wonder if that could be a hitch, as it was technically set up in Spain if Lucy set it up? But I may be clutching at straws, I don't know if where you literally are geographically/IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) has a bearing on it.
You need a bank account in same currency, you need an address in country set up, there is few things that could be hindering the withdrawal depending how was set up originally BUT and it's big but ,, go fund are extremely easy to work with, it would not have taken 2weeks to resolve any issues, so they are either withdrawing happily daily or go fund know more than us and the mother can't provide what's needed. It would be a real easy fix if was anything they legally have to provide.

Also just another FYI around go fund the minute that money hits the fund it is Debbie's money, she can legally spend how she pleases, morally is different story to legally.
While go fund is a great platform like all them it has major flaws. But I also believe if your donating to something you should know you happy to "loose" that money or know it's actually been used for said use.

Reactions: 9
I would looooove to see a study on the effects of classism in a situation like this

They hardly handled this well but I suspect we’re judging them a lot harsher than we would a middle class person. Though the tabloids haven’t been that bad surprisingly
Tbh I'd judge any mother (or father but he did go, in some way or other) who wasn't out there banging down every damn door or doing any thing she could to find her child. I don't care if she's from the slums or Mayfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Honestly? Aside from boredom and voyeurism, I think it scares people to realise how common place it is for things to go horribly wrong. A mum drops her kids off at school, walks the dogs where she always does and ends up drowned in the lake. A mum takes her little boy out on a boat trip and drowns, leaving him to watch his mum die, then left alone in the middle of a lake where (thank bleeping god) he was surprisingly found, safe. A young mum gets cancer, not long after her father in law is also diagnosed. A doctor who has spent his life trying to evade death and making (seemingly) all the right choices, perishes from a walk on holiday. A young lad is out partying with his friends, and has potentially gone the same way.

Normal people, normal choices, normal mistake, normal horrible luck. They are us and that scares people. It's easier to believe it's the mafia or something batshit to convince yourself it won't happen to you.
I agree, and we want to blame the victim, as in "what a daft thing to do". I was so lucky when I was a teenager in the 60s, hitchhiking, sharing tents at festivals with total strangers, buying acid and mescaline from people I'd never met. The god of hippies must have been looking after me.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

"If you genuinely cared in any way you'd be out here searching"

Paul, I have a job and a house and a husband and a cat, I can't just duck off to bop about on a mountain

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Who is knighstrider?
He's a Tenerife Vlogger.

He jumped on the bandwagon early on in the case, got his fat face on Talktv.

He's away on holiday to Florida just now, so he's missing out on some serious grifting.

There's a thread on him in here.

Reactions: 6
As if he genuinely cares for Jay or the family!
I can’t bleeping stand him. I keep hoping an eagle will take him
---
He's a Tenerife Vlogger.

He jumped on the bandwagon early on in the case, got his fat face on Talktv.

He's away on holiday to Florida just now, so he's missing out on some serious grifting.

There's a thread on him in here.

Thanks! God he’s a bleeping prick as well, isn’t he!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Is he actually doing anything except filming himself walking on the roads carrying a load of shite?! All I get from his videos is that he is a total desperado 🤷‍♀️ He's always "heading back for lunch" after a hard morning of doing duck all but making content.
I find him a bit odd too. He did a live and kept saying for about half an hour he needed to eat a banana and didn’t, lol but kept complaining he wasn’t eating much.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I agree, and we want to blame the victim, as in "what a daft thing to do". I was so lucky when I was a teenager in the 60s, hitchhiking, sharing tents at festivals with total strangers, buying acid and mescaline from people I'd never met. The god of hippies must have been looking after me.
I think the reality is humans are just bleeping stupid and most of the time, we hit lucky. But sometimes, you don't. It's only 11:30am and I've made at least 3 mistakes today, one of which could have got me wiped out if the traffic had been busier (just as simple as stalling on a roundabout!). We all like to say "oooooh I'm far too sensible to have done that!" and I am 100% guilty of it I will admit, but honestly, we are all bleeping idiots, just lucky idiots most of the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.