Jay Slater Teen Missing In Tenerife #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He was more than a bystander, that implies he was in the vicinity of it happening and happened to see it. He was part of the pack that chased and surrounded the guy, ok he didn't physically have a hold of the machete but he was completely involved.
I'm just going by what is online from people who were there as none of us were 🤷🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm just going by what is online from people who were there as none of us were 🤷🏼‍♀️
Oh wow, you actually went as far to explain to me what periphery means? Rather condescending, no? I do have an English degree, but thank you.

The articles I read all say he was part of the gang and chased him into the woods, but like you say, we weren't there so won't know the truth. However I'd bet my house he was more involved than what your article is stating. And then laughing and joking throughout the court case. Nice.

The bottom line is they're both wronguns, and making Jay out to be just a wee boy on the wrong path is just nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Oh wow, you actually went as far to explain to me what periphery means? Rather condescending, no? I do have an English degree, but thank you.

The articles I read all say he was part of the gang, so like you say, we weren't there so won't know the truth. However I'd bet my house he was more involved than what your article is stating.

The bottom line is they're both wronguns, and making Jay out to be just a wee boy on the wrong path is just nonsense.
I didn't mean it to be condescending, I often have to type phrases like that into Google to check what they mean it was just auto pilot to add it, I apologise 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 29
For me the fact that he was part of a group who (premeditatedly) chased, terrorised and subsequently attacked a person with a machete resulting in injury so bad that his skull was exposed he is guilty of causing the injury to that person. Whether he assaulted the guy or not he could have prevented or stopped it. He stood and watched and most likely encouraged it (It is legally accepted that he should be guilty of this offence).
And nobody can say oh well he couldn't prevent/stop it because he was scared if what his mates may then do to him. A young girl apparently managed to do just that.

To then laugh and joke whilst in court being sentenced for the disgusting incident makes the behaviour even worse imo.

That's not to say that i don't also acknowledge that whatever has happened to Jay, (most likely met his demise through an accident) at the age of 19, is extremely sad.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Its possible that he could be guilty of perpetrating a crime in the past AND now victim of crime himself or suffered an accident. Either way, it's right that people look for him and try to understand what happened. Whether anyone wants to donate money when they don't know exactly how it will be used is up to them. I think it's the case when donating to any charitable cause.

If its a scam or set-up I'm sure it will be exposed eventually.

Reactions: 17
I dont know about any of you but I’ve never been involved in a machete gang attack or put on tag?

Yes its not directly related to him wandering off while off his tits on pills, but it does show character, level of common sense and the character of the people he was there with/mixing with.

Reactions: 32
The holier than thou brigade posting early before church this morning?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
This is what the judge said:

Judge Philip Parry said the group of teenagers all played their part in the attack, either directly assaulting Mr Hilton or egging on those who were.

"I make it very, very clear that all eight of you have behaved disgracefully, in relation to the violent disorder but also intimidation of witnesses, supply of class A drugs and street robbery. You should all eight be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves but I am not at all convinced you are."

Reactions: 23
This is what the judge said:

Judge Philip Parry said the group of teenagers all played their part in the attack, either directly assaulting Mr Hilton or egging on those who were.
I think people may have taken what I've said the wrong way. I didn't actually state my feelings at all, I just saw a post that I took as saying Jay was the one who put the machete to his head and I had read different so for the sake of facts I added what I'd seen online about him NOT being the one who yielded the machete, that's all. I'm in no way defending what him or any of them did it was ghastly

Reactions: 12
The holier than thou brigade posting early before church this morning?
Up early polishing my machete innit
---
I wonder if I used "innit" in the correct context 🤔
It's quite exciting throwing ones first "innit" out there....

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think people may have taken what I've said the wrong way. I didn't actually state my feelings at all, I just saw a post that I took as saying Jay was the one who put the machete to his head and I had read different so for the sake of facts I added what I'd seen online about him NOT being the one who yielded the machete, that's all. I'm in no way defending what him or any of them did it was ghastly
I know you weren't defending him. The other comments about him being on the periphery make it sound like he wasn't involved in the attack at all, when he was. No he didn't hit anyone with a machete but he was part of the gang.

Last edited:

Another bbc article on the search today.
on down the rapids:

He’s also been relentlessly posting on TikTok - dozens of videos a day - to his 280,000 followers. It’s a staggering number, and almost half of them have discovered him since he started posting about Jay Slater. ‘

I know you weren't defending him. The other comments about him being on the periphery make it sound like he wasn't involved in the attack at all when he was. No he didn't hit anyone with a machete but he was part of the gang.
Thats the apparent words of the witnesses though, it didn't come from my mouth. As I said I wasn't there so just went off what was reported (admittedly by the fail 🙈) anyway I certainly didn't mean to upset anyone or come across like I was giving Jay a free pass because he didn't actually use the weapons.

Off to church now 🙏🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.