Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

YeahBrackie

I really hate the whole “everyone’s got a past”. Yes but most of us aren’t drug dealing machete wielding weasels.
Or "Everyone makes mistakes. I bet you have." There's a mistake, and then there's bludgeoning someone with a machete, axe and golf clubs.

The "It was two years ago and he's turned his life around" rhetoric really annoys me too. Yes, he was 16 when it happened, but it only went to court about 10 months ago, and he was literally laughing about it. He'd had all that time to reflect on his behaviour, change for the better and show genuine remorse. Instead, he found the whole thing funny and showed blatant disrespect and contempt in court. Not exactly evidence of turning his life around.

• Wow
Reactions: 75

Savethesauce

I'll never give to anyone again online, been bitten more than once (yeah, I should have learned my lesson the first time). A guy in our office died, leaving a wife and 3 young children and I gave a substantial amount. His wife spent it on a tummy tuck.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 74

polarbearninja

I made a comment on the last thread and then stopped checking for a day so I just want to clarify what I meant because some people seemed shocked.

Even if they have nothing to do with his disappearance they probably want to stay quiet so people don't go looking into their personal lives/try to contact them or people they know etc.

If they are black like you say, all the more reason for them not wanting the attention.
By that I was referring to the bad treatment people of colour get from law enforcement even when they've done nothing wrong. It happens all the time.

I have no idea what race they are I just assumed the person I was replying to had more information than I do. I think some people understood what I meant but not sure what other people thought I was getting at.

• Heart
Reactions: 73

Multi-21

VIP Member
Update from This Morning
Jay’s parent have spoken to Isla (the reporter) but not on camera again. Instead Debbie asked Brad to do an interview. He couldn’t maintain any form of eye contact and mainly said I don’t know
Turns out they face timed on the morning Jay left the Air BnB and had googled the journey back to the hotel so was aware it was a 14 hour walk. He went off the road and was walking on gravel/stones, Brad could hear it under Jay’s feet. Their phone conversation was quite jovial and Brad wasn’t worried because he’d just come home from the festival
It was later than Jay rang Lucy and was more panicked about being lost.

Based on that I don’t know why the family think he’s been taken. He’s clearly gone off track and got lost and succumbed to the heat which is what we all thought from the start.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 72

SwishSwing

VIP Member
Out of curiosity I just did a quick search on Travel Republic, flying out of Manchester (think that's their nearest airport) tomorrow to tenerife for two weeks, you're looking at £1,593 for two people sharing a room in the cheapest hotel in Las Americas. That's self catering with no transfers either end.

No wonder they're wanting to cash in the GFM.

How do I get myself on this list? I've got a pair of trainers and a whistle? Get me up that mountain!

Agree with the poster above who said they feel sorry for the lad, I mean I don't, he sounds like a wrong un, but it actually feels now like is it any wonder he's turned out this way if this is the people he's had around him "guiding" him into adulthood? Absolute grifters the lot of them.

• Haha
Reactions: 72

Ketosibs

i just came on here and was a bit shocked at the tone of the thread. Not what I expected at all. Totally get it though.

I sympathise as a parent. Can’t imagine the pain of not knowing. It wouldn’t matter the misbehaviour of my own child probably. The pain is the same surely.

But … what I wouldn’t do is expect the world to fund the search. Fly out all my mates, and behave in ways that add question marks to an already complex situation.

I wouldn’t have the time or heart to update people. I’d be out physically searching for my child. Dead or alive. I’d want to find them. To hold them and make sure that they aren’t alone and rotting in the sun.

This family are dodgy. And it is unfortunate that it is so hard to dredge up sympathy. This person is a teenager and probably now won’t ever have the chance to become a better person. But, if I used my limited capacity to give a shit about him, it is definitely misplaced. So weird.

Equally fascinating to see a bunch of losers going out pretending they intend to, or even can, help. They are allured by the sun and the sense of glory. It’s embarrassing. A LOT of thick people in the UK. They wouldn’t cross a county line to look for a missing kid usually, so their motivation is seeringly obvious. How cringe.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Is this the 21st century equivalent of conscription? At some point in our lives, all of us will be drafted to Tenerife to go foraging in unison with a Labrador and a gang of XL bullies, for a boy stuck to a cactus. Those exempt from the search are his immediate family. Will the GFM become a tax we all must pay?

• Haha
Reactions: 67

JombleWomble

VIP Member
Seen this comment on one of Rapid Twat's videos
1000041037.jpg

How you gonna be at the top of the mountain if you can't climb it? 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 67

gigilouxx

VIP Member
Im acc starting to feel sorry for the lad. His family are more arsed about a trip to the all inclusive than anything else

• Heart
Reactions: 66

Don’tStart

VIP Member
Have to say it’s fucking weird that a father and a stepson would fly out to Tenerife for a long weekend, hire a care, choose to rent a BnB in the middle of nowhere in the north of the island yet still choose to drive an hour south to the strip and not attend the festival. Does that mean he didn’t go back to theirs for afters?

As far as I’m concerned, if Jay was in touch with them via social media prior to meeting up with them, there’s drugs involved. If he met them in the days running up to staying with them then there’s drugs involved.

• Heart

Notredamn

VIP Member
That Rapids guy should hang his head in shame! What a brass neck he’s got on him to get into an argument with authorities telling him to pack it in, not to mention the ‘they don’t know who I am’ comment. What an ego trip he is on. And people are validating him. Mad world.