James and Clair Buckley- At Home with the Buckley's

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since they acquired a management team things have become less about the fun Buckleys and more about sponsors,undeclared Ads with hopes of sponsorship at a later date and selling merchandise. Maybe they'd be better doing a fortnightly vlog rather than weekly,which quitecoften isn't posted. I totaagree that they need to make money,buy it's also important that they don't lose the authenticity of their original vlogs. I often wonder if Claire is fed up of vlogging and having to edit while James isvout enjoying himself. I noticed at the end of this vlog she said James is at the Indiana Jones premiere,whilst giving a little eye roll. Quite often she mentions him going out and coming home drunk and sleeping in the guest room. To be fair I'd happily watch vlogs with just Claire and the boys,I find her naturally funny
You said this really well, agree on all points.

Euuu that brought to mind that time when apparently he came home drunk and was sick all over the downstairs bathroom and she woke up and cleaned it up or something- she's a saint. I have emetophobia pretty badly so you're on your own pal, if that were me.

I so miss those early days, their lockdown vlogs were truly the best.

Now as you say it's quite refined down to the ads and bits they have curated that they think we want to see but really we just like the old stuff. Not sure why they often miss weeks unless they just don't have enough footage? If it's because Clair is overwhelmed and needs a break editing I TOTALLY get it. To me that's a totally valid reason but I tend to agree with you that maybe more spread out every 2 weeks would be better.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You said this really well, agree on all points.

Euuu that brought to mind that time when apparently he came home drunk and was sick all over the downstairs bathroom and she woke up and cleaned it up or something- she's a saint. I have emetophobia pretty badly so you're on your own pal, if that were me.

I so miss those early days, their lockdown vlogs were truly the best.

Now as you say it's quite refined down to the ads and bits they have curated that they think we want to see but really we just like the old stuff. Not sure why they often miss weeks unless they just don't have enough footage? If it's because Clair is overwhelmed and needs a break editing I TOTALLY get it. To me that's a totally valid reason but I tend to agree with you that maybe more spread out every 2 weeks would be better.
Quality over quantity definitely. Claire really does tolerate a lot,he refused to go to the cinema with her and the boys during half term, chose to stay home and sleep,but had happily gone out drinking twice during the week,both times drunk when he got home.

Reactions: 2
Agree with you all, their vlogs are so different now, really quite boring when they can be bothered to upload, it's like, oh we better film something, Claire was hardly in that vlog, it was mostly all about James, his clothes haul, haircut and going to a film premiere 😴

has the theme song/ intro started to get on anyone else's nerves?

I like that they don't have some excessive video montage at the beginning like many family vloggers but somehow the intro has gone sideways for me lol

On another note, I really miss them doing actually random bits. Like Clair going to the shops by herself, and getting coffee or whatever, and James up to whatever else, or them moving tables. For some reason it's actually really interesting when they film when they're apart for different engagements and then meet back up.

I do love seeing Paisley though. My Rottweiler passed about 4 years ago now and it's always so nice to see her, she's so sweet with the boys and it's clear that she's Clair's best girl. Love to see it.

Reactions: 4
On another note, I really miss them doing actually random bits. Like Clair going to the shops by herself, and getting coffee or whatever, and James up to whatever else, or them moving tables.
The table moving content was 10/10 👌🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Today's was taken up mostly by the Ronseal ad and patio. I don't mind the ads and at least they aren't sneaky like so many but it was quite a lot.
I still like them and their vlogs, but nothing will ever beat the lockdown ones. They just came at the right time. They were so good at being bored and irritable 😂

Today's was taken up mostly by the Ronseal ad and patio. I don't mind the ads and at least they aren't sneaky like so many but it was quite a lot.
I still like them and their vlogs, but nothing will ever beat the lockdown ones. They just came at the right time. They were so good at being bored and irritable 😂
I miss when they just had the Hellmann's partnership. I know obviously this is great for them since they need to make a living but still.

If channels/ vloggers already have something they really believe in or get a partnership with someone they've been aiming to work with, I don't mind as much, but when it goes on for a long time and I feel like they're just pitching stuff, it puts me off.

Thankfully they do it casually and don't seem insincere, but if it starts becoming a lot of sponsors/ ads, that's gonna be annoying.

Felt bad for James having to turn down that fan. He does seem like a person who doesn't like letting anyone down and is genuinely kind so I imagine it really still bothers him. I remember when he went to that concert with Joe and he was on the edge of whatever row in the O2? he was in, and people kept asking for photos and I'm pretty sure he will have taken one with literally everybody.

Absolutely no preconceptions about the Buckleys as never watched their vlogs but man alive, they are boring AF on Giovanna Fletcher’s HMHB podcast 😳 his voice is so dull, like he’s in a constant state of trying to portray dry humour and sarcasm and she completely mollycoddles her boys by the sounds of it, still helping with socks and shoes 🤦🏼‍♀️ it was such a crap podcast I gave up in the end!

• Heart
James is on Masterchef the Professionals this week and is coming across well I think. Goodness knows how he has got through 2 rounds 😂. He just seems to mainly cook his beloved meat and chips.
But he is likeable.

Enjoying watching James on Celebrity Masterchef,he doesn't take himself too seriously and is down too earth. Some of the others are so desperate to win,you can almost smell the desparation

Enjoying watching James on Celebrity Masterchef,he doesn't take himself too seriously and is down too earth. Some of the others are so desperate to win,you can almost smell the desparation
any ideas as to where I could watch this free in the US? are there any links maybe? Been wanting to see that as a whole and thought he might be good on it, good to know

Reactions: 1
any ideas as to where I could watch this free in the US? are there any links maybe? Been wanting to see that as a whole and thought he might be good on it, good to know
It will definitely be on BBC I PLAYER. Im not sure of any other platforms. Sorry I can't be more helpful x

Reactions: 1
Only just found this thread but just wanted to add my love for the Buckley's, I find Clair so relatable the way she parents and how she deals with James not many woman YouTubers would on camera look up their husbands arses to confirm he has piles 😂
I also like the way they deal with ADs Clair said recently she's turned them all off so it doesn't disrupt the vlogs for viewers which is a nice touch compared to some channels so I don't begrudge them making a bit from collabs and stuff here and there.

They're doing book signings and their paperback is out soon,is it just the paperback version of the book released last year or is it a completely different book?

They're doing book signings and their paperback is out soon,is it just the paperback version of the book released last year or is it a completely different book?
I *think* I remember them saying there are new and updated bits for the paperback, but basically the same book.

How did he get on MasterChef? I was reading on line this week he makes 10 thousand a week for just doing a personalised video!

• Wow
How did he get on MasterChef? I was reading on line this week he makes 10 thousand a week for just doing a personalised video!
Blimey - I heard he was one of the highest earners on Cameo but didn't know it was that much.
I missed Friday's Masterchef and haven't caught up so don't know how he did. Hope he stayed in as he is funny.

Blimey - I heard he was one of the highest earners on Cameo but didn't know it was that much.
I missed Friday's Masterchef and haven't caught up so don't know how he did. Hope he stayed in as he is funny.
Just what I read on line, hope he's saving it, cos it won't last!

He’s the first person non American to make a million pounds on cameo! I think he did a lot in lockdown

• Wow
Reactions: 8