Jacqueline Wilson

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was reading about Jacqueline Wilson, the author, and can't believe she's 77! Who else loved her books when they were young?
I was lucky enough to meet her a few times at book signings and I recall her being lovely.

What were your favourite books?

Mine were:
Double Act
Best Friends
The Suitcase Kid
Vicky Angel
Sleepovers
The Girls series
The Cat Mummy
The Bed and Breakfast Star

I wasn't keen on the Tracey Beaker books but did enjoy the tv show.

I love how she tackled mature problems in a culls friendly way. Did anyone else have the Jacqueline Wilson diary? It was orange. I treasured it!

---

Child friendly**

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I liked the illustrated mum and clean break. Remember Tracy beaker at 11.

One girl's mother didn't let her read the books bad influence and all that. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I was reading about Jacqueline Wilson, the author, and can't believe she's 77! Who else loved her books when they were young?
I was lucky enough to meet her a few times at book signings and I recall her being lovely.

What were your favourite books?

Mine were:
Double Act
Best Friends
The Suitcase Kid
Vicky Angel
Sleepovers
The Girls series
The Cat Mummy
The Bed and Breakfast Star

I wasn't keen on the Tracey Beaker books but did enjoy the tv show.

I love how she tackled mature problems in a culls friendly way. Did anyone else have the Jacqueline Wilson diary? It was orange. I treasured it!

---

Child friendly**
I loved Jacqueline Wilson's books! I read all those ones you mentioned, i also loved Dustbin Baby, The Lottie Project, The Worry Website..honestly i could list more, i read them all when i was growing up. Vicky Angel and The Illustrated Mum traumatised me though!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bad Girls was my absolute fave - I read it so many times I could quote it and tell you what page that quote was on 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 22
LOVED the Hetty Feather series. I loved JW's books because they taught us from young that not everything is perfect and not everything is a happy ending. Brilliant ways to open up our minds and introduce us to the parts of reality you wouldn't always see in books

• Heart
Reactions: 11
omg i’ve watched double act on youtube i absolutely adored all her books

• Heart
Reactions: 6
she is (imo anyway!) the greatest children’s author the uk ever produced. she writes about so many deep and sometimes dark themes but never patronises or talks down to her audience. she is single handedly responsible for my lifelong love of reading.

i stood in the same pub as her in hay-on-wye once but was too scared to speak to her because i knew i would cry 🤣 she’s a legend.

edit: the girls series was huge for teenage me too. i wanted to be the cool friend (magda?) so badly! and those got really dark sometimes!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
she is (imo anyway!) the greatest children’s author the uk ever produced. she writes about so many deep and sometimes dark themes but never patronises or talks down to her audience. she is single handedly responsible for my lifelong love of reading.
She's also the reason I'm studying children's literature right now at uni and I'm loving it. Her books got me through so much as a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I love all her books - I first read Tracy Beaker and I loved the Hetty Feather series. I have a signed copy of Clean Break that I found in Waterstones years ago.

I love the fact that she addresses real life issues and her books don’t always end in a happy way that the character hopes or in a twee way.

I started writing my own children’s novels about 15 years ago because of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg I’m so happy for this thread!! I was obsessed with her books and sometimes still read them as an adult to relive my childhood memories. I also find it’s such a nice escape to know how the book is going to end and it’s so innocent and has happy endings. If that makes sense 😂

my favourite was Lola rose, kiss and love lessons. Used to read love lessons back to back constantly cuz I had a massive crush on my teacher when I was in school 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I was worried this was a bad thread I was wondering what my child hood hero had been up to or maybe there was an influencer with the same name 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I LOVED The Diamond Girls and Secrets. My mum used to buy me all the new books whenever they came out- I was obsessed!

Reactions: 6
I adored JW books. Some of them were quite raunchy! 😂

Does anyone remember the Girls in Love TV show based on the book also?

MV5BNDc1Njk4ZjktMWRmOS00MDcyLTkyYWMtMGEyN2M5MzVmZTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzUxMTE1MDQ@._V1_.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I loved her books. Still read them now when I come across them. My mum was convinced my behaviour was terrible because I loved Tracy Beaker. Spent many a day telling my mum to Bog off 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Oh wow, I loved Jacqueline Wilson as a kid. Read so many of her books, think my favourite was bed and breakfast star. Tempted to re-read some now although I’m 26 😂

Reactions: 7
I loved her books! I did read the latest Tracy Beaker and I wasn’t a huge fan but I’m an adult so not the target audience!

I loved Suitcase Kid, Tracy Beaker, The Bed and Breakfast star anf the Mum minder. Also loved the Girls in love series!

Reactions: 4
Oh wow, I loved Jacqueline Wilson as a kid. Read so many of her books, think my favourite was bed and breakfast star. Tempted to re-read some now although I’m 26 😂
I re-read some now as an adult! We should all read them again, like an adult JW fan club 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 10