Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s so tit for posting inflammatory tweets, openly targeting Jamie Oliver, knowing how it would rile up her followers. They all start dogpiling, she deletes her tweets and goes quiet.

I don’t think she regretted posting those tweets, I think she knows exactly what she’s doing. It’s crafty.
duck me, that's awful. Why the hell shouldn't he take the job he's been offered? If she was capable, they'd have given it to her. That pisses me off.

If only Jamie Oliver was as unprofessional and gross as her. Would love to see him tweet "No, I wouldn't work alongside you. You are a volatile, talentless hole and have purposely made my life difficult because you're jealous of my job. Now duck off."

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I am not Jamies biggest fan but I'm sure the producers would have looked at previous tv work after confirming interest. I'd say they had at least 4 in the running. I'm mean JO can play the cameras and that's what people like.

Reactions: 9
and surely with her "20 hour" work days she doesn't have time to host a tv show anyway?!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jamie Oliver has nothing to do with his Twitter account, it’s run by a team in the office. So it’s likely he has no idea about any of this. If she thought she was going to get him to react by tweeting what she did she’s deluded. All she’s done is give a 22 year old intern more work to do in having to scroll through all of it

• Haha
Reactions: 15
But Jamie Oliver’s life work (to quote a phrase form Jack and co) is to make cooking easy, simple and accessible. That was his whole schtick wasn’t it? To get everyone cooking, so I don’t see why he isn’t the right host either. And let’s not forget that Jamie has also lost revenue when his restaurants closed INCLUDING 15 which gave employment to unemployed, disadvantaged young people. It they won’t mention that.
Maybe if Jack recognised the work other people did and tried to be more inclusive and friendly she would get more work?

Reactions: 23
In this current climate it’s also probably about who they can get in quickly, they know how he works, they don’t have to go through everything from scratch meaning it’s probably a minimum team. Don’t get me wrong I find her uncomfortable to watch so there is that factor also but channel 4 will just want it out ASAP in my opinion anyway.

Reactions: 8
She really has shot herself in the foot with this one. She might have deleted those tweets but if you search Jamie Oliver on Twitter you can see people talking about it, search her name and the same thing happens. She has thrown her toys out of her pram and shown the world her true colours. That's the nail in the coffin for her and it is unlikely ITV will have her back now either.

Reactions: 14
She actually believes she can destroy the Wilkos empire if she threatens to hold her breath like a toddler 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Someone needs to take her phone away from her.

Does she think out of all of the TV stations are there is just going to be one budget cooking show while we go through the hardest recession in most of our lives? 🤦‍♀️

If she had any ability why doesn't she do YouTube video recipes to showcase her skills? She's got a few videos and they seem like an awkward teenager. It's a lot of work to do a whole series and there is no time to waste on a presenter that's very tit. As said if it takes her 20 hours to prepare for 5 minutes of screen time and she still does a crap job that's why no one will touch her.

I'm ready to sing with Beyonce, but is Beyonce ready to sing with me? 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
If only Jamie Oliver was as unprofessional and gross as her. Would love to see him tweet "No, I wouldn't work alongside you. You are a volatile, talentless hole and have purposely made my life difficult because you're jealous of my job. Now duck off."
That would make my day!

She's a massive twit and just made herself look an even bigger one.

Translation: she bulk buys her picture frames from Wilko.
I bet Wilkos are shitting themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Hello 👋 been reading this thread for a couple of days and wanted to add some words as someone that is a food blogger. I was following the thread on mumsnet and 93% of people thought she was being shady with her donations but mumsnet still deleted it as a few were saying it wasn't #bekind. Give me a break!

I've been a full time food blogger for over 4 years. My site is way less popular and I'm virtually unknown with a fraction of the followers Jack has. However I still gross £4'000-5'000 a month. This is all in adverts from a network on my site and videos, not from doing #AD on social media. I say this not to show off but to say if you run a site with quality content it can be very lucrative. I use a few paid for tools and have web hosting, but they come to less than £100 a month. It's 100% bullshit that Jack says it's expensive to host her site, as it's not expensive and the money she makes from adverts on it makes far far more than the small hosting fees a month - mine costs £40ish a month (paid in USD) for 500k ish visitors and I'm nowhere near capacity with my webhost.

Jack Monroe infuriates me because she's making a very good living but still has her tips bowl and patreon to ask for more when she really doesn't need it.

Her site is terrible, it's not formatted correctly and her blogging is about 10 years out of date now. I wish I could just make a meal then take one or two photos afterwards and the job is done. But you can't these days you need to film a video, take step by step shots and take the final photos in various different setups, not just take two photos of the same thing from a different angle. Being a blogger isn't only about writing a post and that's it. I spend 80% of my time promoting and improving my content - making sure it appears in google, rewriting to improve it for SEO, creating videos for all the different social media sites and generally working hard to drive traffic to it. Then I'm researching what to make next. Jack doesn't do any of this as she doesn't need to because she's getting so much easy traffic from newspapers, her followers and other media outlets. She's a very lazy blogger.

Jacks recipes aren't anything new, most of them were the stuff I learnt in my home economics class in the 1980s. Using budget flour and budget chocolate to make a budget cookie isn't new or innovative.

I'm not jealous, I think she's a fraudster. With her 7 books and all her media work I bet she's earnt 500k if not a 1m and that's brill. But stop taking money from people that can't afford it. I have a limited company like she does and I could pay myself £8 an hour (although if spending all day on twitter and paying herself for that she's definitely overpaid) but it makes no difference as the bushiness account is in my name and only I control it.

As a single mum with two children, I chose this job with no security and have saved enough to live for a long time with no income because it's a job with no security so I built up savings! I find it incredulous that Jack went through poverty and then made a lot of money and had nothing saved up. BULLSHIT JACK. Was she ever actually poor? She chose to leave a secure job with a child and refused any help from the child's dad and her family all while pleading poverty and trying to get media attention?

Cooking and being poor are tools Jack uses for attention I believe as she wants a high profile media career.

Sorry for the long message tapped out badly on my iPad. I can't stand people like her that are liars and fleece others. Hope that wasn't a total bore fest.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 113
I never thought anything would make me champion insufferable twunt Jamie Oliver... but 2020 really is a crazy year.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Hello 👋 been reading this thread for a couple of days and wanted to add some words as someone that is a food blogger. I was following the thread on mumsnet and 93% of people thought she was being shady with her donations but mumsnet still deleted it as a few were saying it wasn't #bekind. Give me a break!

I've been a full time food blogger for over 4 years. My site is way less popular and I'm virtually unknown with a fraction of the followers Jack has. However I still gross £4'000-5'000 a month. This is all in adverts from a network on my site and videos, not from doing #AD on social media. I say this not to show off but to say if you run a site with quality content it can be very lucrative. I use a few paid for tools and have web hosting, but they come to less than £100 a month. It's 100% bullshit that Jack says it's expensive to host her site, as it's not expensive and the money she makes from adverts on it makes far far more than the small hosting fees a month - mine costs £40ish a month (paid in USD) for 500k ish visitors and I'm nowhere near capacity with my webhost.

Jack Monroe infuriates me because she's making a very good living but still has her tips bowl and patreon to ask for more when she really doesn't need it.

Her site is terrible, it's not formatted correctly and her blogging is about 10 years out of date now. I wish I could just make a meal then take one or two photos afterwards and the job is done. But you can't these days you need to film a video, take step by step shots and take the final photos in various different setups, not just take two photos of the same thing from a different angle. Being a blogger isn't only about writing a post and that's it. I spend 80% of my time promoting and improving my content - making sure it appears in google, rewriting to improve it for SEO, creating videos for all the different social media sites and generally working hard to drive traffic to it. Then I'm researching what to make next. Jack doesn't do any of this as she doesn't need to because she's getting so much easy traffic from newspapers, her followers and other media outlets. She's a very lazy blogger.

Jacks recipes aren't anything new, most of them were the stuff I learnt in my home economics class in the 1980s. Using budget flour and budget chocolate to make a budget cookie isn't new or innovative.

I'm not jealous, I think she's a fraudster. With her 7 books and all her media work I bet she's earnt 500k if not a 1m and that's brill. But stop taking money from people that can't afford it. I have a limited company like she does and I could pay myself £8 an hour (although if spending all day on twitter and paying herself for that she's definitely overpaid) but it makes no difference as the bushiness account is in my name and only I control it.

As a single mum with two children, I chose this job with no security and have saved enough to live for a long time with no income because it's a job with no security so I built up savings! I find it incredulous that Jack went through poverty and then made a lot of money and had nothing saved up. BULLSHIT JACK. Was she ever actually poor? She chose to leave a secure job with a child and refused any help from the child's dad and her family all while pleading poverty and trying to get media attention?

Cooking and being poor are tools Jack uses for attention I believe as she wants a high profile media career.

Sorry for the long message tapped out badly on my iPad. I can't stand people like her that are liars and fleece others. Hope that wasn't a total bore fest.
If you want to PM me your blog i’ll Send some traffic your way, not an awful lot because I’m not a big account or anything but happy to reveal who I am to you too and start following your blog. Xx

Reactions: 26
If you want to PM me your blog i’ll Send some traffic your way, not an awful lot because I’m not a big account or anything but happy to reveal who I am to you too and start following your blog. Xx
I am happy to do the same! 😝

Reactions: 10

As someone in the business, please can you explain to me why recipe blogs are often so tedious? When I just want a bloody recipe but have to read the author's entire life history, the inspiration behind the recipe and the entirety of War and Peace before getting to the ingredients and method. I've started clicking off now and finding another recipe as soon as I see a sea of words.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
As someone in the business, please can you explain to me why recipe blogs are often so tedious? When I just want a bloody recipe but have to read the author's entire life history, the inspiration behind the recipe and the entirety of War and Peace before getting to the ingredients and method. I've started clicking off now and finding another recipe as soon as I see a sea of words.
Yes, this!

"I never really liked [ingredient] because of [childhood experience]. But then Mr/Mrs [name of blog] and I were walking around the farmer's market and decided to [verb]. With the addition of [umami] it made for a [nice dish] I am now utterly sold and even the [children's names] asked for more."

(no disrespect to the poster above btw, your insights were very interesting)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.